Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

So X-Payments doesn't work? Now they have to fix it and then again passing approval from QSA? wow...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:11 AM

X-Cart team

X-Payments does work. There won't be any need to re-certify X-Payments.

The "Mastercard issue" is related to LUHN verification of Mastercard card numbers. For some reason it doesn't "like" some Mastercards issued by some banks. X-Cart uses the same algo as well as some other e-commerce solutions.

Devs are figuring out the reason, but the quick fix is to make checking card numbers optional (I'll follow up with the patch shortly - applying it doesn't change the PA-DSS part of X-Payments so no re-certification is required).
X-Payments product manager
Old 07-13-2010, 02:50 AM

X-Cart team

OK, here go the patch for disabling LUHN card number verification in X-Payments (see attached patch.diff.txt).

Download it to your computer, rename to patch.diff and apply to your X-Payments installation.

Once applied you will need to set "Y" for "turn_off_luhn_check" option, i.e make it
turn_off_luhn_check=Y
in [security] section in {xp_dir}/config/config.ini.php file

This will disable LUHN in X-Payments.
Absence of the config option or "turn_off_luhn_check=N" means LUHN check of credit card numbers is enabled.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:28 AM

Veteran

Alex, any update as to the 'final' release of X-Payments?
Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 AM

X-Cart team

> Alex, any update as to the 'final' release of X-Payments?

Actually, I was ready to announce it released today, but found the "Mastercard issue" reported here. We are finalizing this and going to announce XP released officially very soon.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
> Alex, any update as to the 'final' release of X-Payments?

Actually, I was ready to announce it released today, but found the "Mastercard issue" reported here. We are finalizing this and going to announce XP released officially very soon.

I think it's time to make a comment here about XPayments. I've gone and set up a php 5.3 server with my host (costing me $$). I've paid Qualiteam to install a patch for 5.3 to 4.1.10 and also the connector and x-payments.

So far this experiment has been ongoing since June 25th and we don't have a working xpayments module. First it was crashing with out of memory errors which required some debugging code to be installed, then we're getting invalid callbacks. After a week of messing around my last comment from Qualiteam was to 'check my settings in xpayments'.. which brought me to my second official complaint against the job so far - I paid for install and set up - why am I checking settings?? I keep getting vague short answers after waiting 24 hours between replies because of the time zone difference.

Then there's the fact that XPayments requires a username, password and PIN code just to log in - the pin codes expire and change every time one logs in, so that means you now need to store PIN codes somewhere - which seems to reduce security, not enhance it.

Then I can't seem to get it to partial capture funds - and again I'm told it may not support this - I can't run without partial capture.

I'm normally a pretty patient guy but this is turning in to a major cluster cluck if you get my drift.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:10 AM

X-Cart team

Canuck, the X-Payments problem is very specific to your server environment. It is not a common one. I see you reported it to our techs and they are working with you in your HelpDesk account.

re: partial capturing - please check whether or not your Payment gateway supports this at http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Appendix_A._Supported_payment _gateways - look for "p - partial transaction allowed" in "Capture" column for your payment gateway. If it is not there then your payment gateway doesn't support partial capturing, unfortunately. We added this feature to every integrated payment gateway that supports it.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM

X-Cart team

re: pin codes - post your better idea to http://ideas.x-cart.com please
We are opened for new ideas!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Alex, any update as to the 'final' release of X-Payments?

Released!
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=54596
Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Canuck, the X-Payments problem is very specific to your server environment. It is not a common one. I see you reported it to our techs and they are working with you in your HelpDesk account.

If by working on it you mean they're telling me that aren't allowed to log in to xpayments to check it, then they're all over it. Otherwise so far they have been doing nothing for a few days now. Then they claimed they can't add any debug code after they had already done so and modified the core/bouncer.php file several messages earlier. Instead they're asking me to post bugs in your bug tracker... I paid for a working installation, not to help you debug code.

Quote:
re: partial capturing - please check whether or not your Payment gateway supports this at http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Appendix_A._Supported_payment _gateways - look for "p - partial transaction allowed" in "Capture" column for your payment gateway. If it is not there then your payment gateway doesn't support partial capturing, unfortunately. We added this feature to every integrated payment gateway that supports it.

Beanstream certainly does support partial capturing, whether you've implemented it in xpayments or not. I'm using it today, and in fact your team did the original work to allow pre-auth and partial capture in 4.1.10 before it was an option. Why you wouldn't implement it in xpayments I don't know but it's a needed feature. Without it I can't run my business.

I'd really be impressed if your dev/support team would not make me wait 24 hours between replies, when the replies have no substance or useful help, and I would be more impressed if they would perhaps get me some live communication, perhaps a chat, perhaps a screen share so that they could see what I'm seeing and any answers they need from me can be dealt with quickly. Maybe for starters they need to re-install the live/production version of xpayments and re-test it in case there was a bug in the code they installed on my test server.

What's really frustrating to me is that they installed xpayments... forgot to put in the php5.3 code and obviously didn't try a test checkout, otherwise they would have found the memory overflow error and the callback problem the same day they did the install. Last time I checked, installation service should include a test to make sure the installed product is working.

I'm very disheartened by this whole experience... For the last few months instead of adding new product, creating news, press releases and promoting my site in general, I've been stuck looking for a working solution here and elsewhere.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements