Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Direct integration with Amazon and eBay marketplaces

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 06-09-2014, 07:02 AM

eXpert

Question Direct integration with Amazon and eBay marketplaces

Hi guys,

We are setting up a new client and they asked this good old question again - if they will use X-cart as main POS system for online and retail stores, how to integrate X-cart with Amazon and eBay marketplaces?

We used data feeds, x-cart store manager and eCC for parts of this integration before but something more direct with a single point inventory and order management will be appreciated by thousands of merchants - this will make X-cart much more appealing as a one stop e-commerce system.

There is eBay integration package from X-cart which may work but this client needs Amazon as well.
I found this service:
http://www.amazonconnector.co.uk/ama...n-with-x-cart/

anybody used it before? Any other suggestions on the ways for a robust reliable integration of X-cart based store with Amazon and eBay marketplaces?

Anton Pachkine
FinestShops.com - E-Commerce Conversion Optimization and Management
X-cart premium hosting, tech. support, customizations and 24/7 pro-active store performance monitoring in US, UK and Australia
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Direct integration with Amazon and eBay marketplaces

With the Amazon integration, you have to make sure that you have the EAN/ ISBN / ASIN numbers as a field on each one of your products, without it, Amazon wont accept it. Its not so complicated, but just a note, since they have not put that requirement very clearly on the website link you gave.

X-cart have not gone down this route before with amazon/ebay, although I keep requesting it. They tend to integrate from other shopping carts if you convert to x-cart, or to some other shopping data feeds like with the http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/add...uct-feeds.html

This allows to export to:

Google Shopping
eBay e-Commerce Network (shopping.com)
Nextag
Pricegrabber
Shopzilla

For some unknown reason, they have not so far chosen to integrate with the 2 big ones ebay and amazon, but have gone for these instead.

X-cart Business 5.2.16 - Live
Old 06-10-2014, 05:13 AM

eXpert

Thanks, Richard. And I believe they will need those numbers for Google Merchant feed anyway.

Anton Pachkine
X-cart premium hosting, tech. support, customizations and 24/7 pro-active store performance monitoring in US, UK and Australia
Old 06-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Advanced Member

Hello, everyone. We will be making some updates to our eBay integration and Amazon and bring the support directly into Kosmos eSync (http://kosmosesync.com/), where all Mappings, Rules and Settings are in one place and you'll have the ability to just Sync between your POS, eBay and Amazon and X-cart.

This New update is also giving us the ability to deploy our own API within 10 business days for on premise or cloud applications that have SQL, Oracle or MySQL databases. We're currently beta testing an RMS Dynamics customer now.

All this said, Kosmos is in the middle of a very large update to our UI and API 3rd party support. We expect to be launching our Cloud based Amazon integration for X-cart first in the next 3 months.

Currently we can support:
POS Systems: RMS Dynamics 2.0, Smyth Retail POS, Revel Systems iPad POS.
ERP Systems: Sage X3, Sage100 and Sage50 (GP, NAV & AX coming soon) etc.

Alex

The following user thanks kosmos for this useful post:
Kirill (06-11-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:58 PM

eXpert

Thanks, Alex.
Keep us updated. A lot of merchants will appreciate one robust system to integrate all selling channels instead of messing around with feeds.

Anton Pachkine
Old 05-30-2015, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos
Hello, everyone. We will be making some updates to our eBay integration and Amazon and bring the support directly into Kosmos eSync (http://kosmosesync.com/), where all Mappings, Rules and Settings are in one place and you'll have the ability to just Sync between your POS, eBay and Amazon and X-cart.

This New update is also giving us the ability to deploy our own API within 10 business days for on premise or cloud applications that have SQL, Oracle or MySQL databases. We're currently beta testing an RMS Dynamics customer now.

All this said, Kosmos is in the middle of a very large update to our UI and API 3rd party support. We expect to be launching our Cloud based Amazon integration for X-cart first in the next 3 months.

Currently we can support:
POS Systems: RMS Dynamics 2.0, Smyth Retail POS, Revel Systems iPad POS.
ERP Systems: Sage X3, Sage100 and Sage50 (GP, NAV & AX coming soon) etc.

Alex

I tried your app for x-cart 4.6. I was very excited at first, but didn't work for me. It was listing on ebay under 2 categories and I wasn't able to fix that. Secondly, updates on ebay was not working. Any products listed via Kosmos's module on ebay would not be edited on ebay. Could not remove the 2nd category. So, every month I was getting charged 2 times for the same products. If someone lists over 1000 products, that would make a huge difference in terms of overhead cost. I tried to fix it in my website, but could not fix. Too complicated. Paid $300 or more for the support, but could not get it done. Basically because of Kosmos ebay inventory manage upgrading my shopping cart from x-cart 4 to 4.6+ Installations+ and Support cost me about or over $1000 and I was not able to use it. The support is very expensive and they don't really help to set up. They tell you to do everything. But, if I know doing things myself, why would I pay $350? I am thinking to leave x-cart and migrate to another platform like Shopify to take advantage of other Apps like Veeqo or Sync Apps to Sync between My site, ebay and Amazon.

x-cart support is excellent. But, since this is a third party provider, x-cart teams cannot do much.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 PM

If I am not wrong, you can now integrate X-Cart with eBay and Amazon. But I have heard people complain about it; not working as smoothly, having few glitches and taking a lot of time to manage.
I haven’t personally used it, so I can’t confirm (just saying after going through countless forum reviews). So you have to check things yourself (and tell me, please, if possible).

If you do encounter any problem, I suggest you go for any third-party multi-channel ecommerce solution. I prefer ChannelSale, but you sure can check other names as well. (Note: Stay away from ChannelAdvisor though; outrageously expensive.)
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project