Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.2 released

What about 4.5.4 and beyond? Any time you make any changes you run the risk of the upgrade failing on a certain file that was changed. The upgrades always seem to have the potential to fail on a file that you didn't change anyway. That's why you manually patch those files.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 AM

X-Man

Always when I am doing changes in XC I write detailed notes. It is like a library. When I need something to revert I find immediately all I need. I knew from the very beginning the upgrade problem for XC. That's the main reason I note everything. On my localhost I have around 10 installations of different versions of XC. When I do changes I do only to a version. If something is going wrong I revert and check again.

So, you can start your own store right now. Do not wait for new version. In 2 weeks I guess XC4.5.3 will come. Even there are bugs, there are not many as in 2010 in 4.4. This is for sure!
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following 2 users thank ADDISON for this useful post:
chamberinternet (09-04-2012), totaltec (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 AM

"X-Cart Gold: 4.7.0 (just joking man)"

Love it, Addison. You make my day with that! LOL!

Ana

X-Cart 4.4.4
MySQL 5.0.92
Apache/2.0.64 (Unix)
PHP 5.3.6
CentOS 5.5

MODS:
Template Mela- Theme XCT010002
Altered Cart- CheckoutOne
BCS Engineering- Back In Stock Notification
X-Cart Mods- Thumbnail Candy
X-Cart Mods-Advanced Shop Closed
Google Site Search
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 AM

X-Man

... and I upgraded it to Platinum

in stellar date 13323232 (just a timestamp guys) it will be Diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana
"X-Cart Gold: 4.7.0 (just joking man)"

Love it, Addison. You make my day with that! LOL!

Ana
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
Ana (09-04-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
The new cart page design which includes the wish list carousel feature was implemented for one skin only - Ideal Comfort.

Any plans to add this to the other skins? If not I'd like to integrate it into Light & Lucid 3-column

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 PM

X-Adept

Is it safe to say that 4.5.3 will be out soon? It has been 2 months since 4.5.2 was released and looking at the previous release dates, they seem to be a month or two apart.

Assuming I am looking in the right place, the roadmap does not give any sort of time frame for 4.5.3.

4.5.2 Gold (work in progress)
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
Is it safe to say that 4.5.3 will be out soon?
You can expect a new release every 3 months or so. But they don't follow any kind of pattern or schedule that I am aware of.

I wouldn't worry about it James, you have started development with 4.5.2, I'd stick with it.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 PM

X-Adept

Mike,

Yea, 4.5.3 should just be bug fixes and will be relatively easy to upgrade, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will finish and then have the release happen the next day.

Looking at the news posting in this sub-forum has me thinking that the release schedule is close to the end of the month.

04-26-2012 4.5.0

06-26-2012 4.5.1

07-25-2012 4.5.2

If I am not mistaken, 09-25-2012 or 09-26-2012 seem like highly probable dates for the release. Then again, it could be October.

4.5.2 Gold (work in progress)
Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomrides
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
The new cart page design which includes the wish list carousel feature was implemented for one skin only - Ideal Comfort.

Any plans to add this to the other skins? If not I'd like to integrate it into Light & Lucid 3-column

We do not have such plans so far. We will think about it anyway.

If you are interested in integrating this feature to any X-Cart template - you are welcome to use custom development services:

* http://www.x-cart.com/custom_development.html
Chief support group engineer

===

Check this out. Totally revamped X-Cart hosting
http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/x_cart / https://www.facebook.com/xcart / https://www.instagram.com/xcart
Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsybte
I'm having an issue with certain AJAX items and I can't figure out what is going wrong. I installed 4.5.2 Gold a few weeks ago and began testing and customizing. The Add-to-Cart popup worked fine upon initial installation. I made changes in the admin area (settings, turning modules on/off) and some file and template changes (NO changes to any JavaScript/AJAX files). Then I noticed that the thumbnail generation function would not work. I would click Generate Thumbnail and the loading graphic would show indefinitely, but no thumbnail. On the customer side, the Add-to-Cart popup no longer worked. When I clicked Add to Cart, the button disappeared and the word Error appeared. After a few seconds, the entire page reloaded and the item was in the cart. In addition, the minicart would show up, but if I tried to delete an item via the red X, the loading graphic would appear indefinitely and nothing would happen.

Since no one from QT could be bothered to respond to me regarding this issue, I performed my own investigation and there does indeed appear to be a bug.

I performed another clean install in a new directory. I began making changes in the General Settings>General area one-by-one. After each change I checked the various popup- and AJAX-related functions that I've had trouble with (Add-to-Cart popup, the popup generated when trying to browse for Featured products to add, the thumbnail generator, estimated shipping popup, etc.). I worked my way down to the "Do not log changes in PHP configuration settings" under "Optimization settings" and Voila! My problem returned.

This option is ON by default, but I had turned it off because it is recommended ON for production mode and I'm in development mode. However, unchecking that box causes all functions listed above not to work. Re-check that box and all is well (in both the new install and in my customized store). I'm not sure what difference that setting really makes whether it's on or off, but having it ON appears to be necessary if you want your popup, etc. functions to work properly.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA

The following user thanks jillsybte for this useful post:
Ana (09-23-2012)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements