Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Dynamic Images - a FREE mod for image resizing!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Dynamic Images - a FREE mod for image resizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcparts
It is possible to add a water mark feature to this mod.

If i get time over the weekend i will have ago.

You could try and add in skin1/customer/main/product.tpl

Under
Code:
{if $active_modules.Magnifier ne "" && $config.Magnifier.magnifier_image_popup eq 'Y' && $zoomer_images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Magnifier/popup_magnifier.tpl"} {/if}

Add
Code:
<br /><br /> Click image to enlarge <br /><br />

Hi,

That didn't work. I don't have the same code in the skin1/customer/main/product.tpl. There is code that is similar but not the exact same. The only extra code in there is from this mod and the extra changes for the detailed popup image.

I appreciate the effort.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Hi Darryl, here you go

Code:
{thumb file="images/D/variant_chart_Example-1_live.jpg" width=500 hint=false overlay="images/famguystewie.png" overlay_position=5 legend="Click to Enlarge"}

The image generated from this code is attached.
The "Click to Enlarge" bit is better done as suggested by PCParts, as you can style it his way. This example is just to show what is possible regarding what you requested.

Just a note, overlay_position=5 sets the overlay image to the center. Your options are 1-9 (starting from top left).

Additionally, to give people a "hint" that they can click to expand the image, you can set hint=true (or remove the reference completely, as I believe default is true), which will add a magnifier glass to the lower right of your image.

You can view the comments at the top of the file in include/templater/function.thumb_imp.php, to find out more about what's possible.

EDIT: Using my method (the default thumb_imp method), you can only submit a .png file as an overlay image

Hi,

Could you tell me where this code would go? I don't do any programming and unless the directions are find this and add before or after etc. I don't have a lot of chance at getting it implemented. The "Click To Enlarge" as stated by PCParts didn't work and I am not sure what to do with yours.

I would be appreciative if I could just get the "Click To Enlarge" functioning.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Advanced Member

I just upgraded successfully it appears to 4.1.11 and the only modification that is not working at the moment is this one. I have tried to reinstall with new 4.1.11 files and two of the patch upgrade files fail. The files were new 4.1.11 files that failed with no other mods present.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:20 PM

Advanced Member

Is this going the way of the other Dynamic Images mod?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Darryl

Try placing this in your product.tpl see if this works.

Code:
<div style="white-space:nowrap;color:#D90000;font-weight:bold;padding:2px;margin:10px 0 4px;">Click image to enlarge</div>
Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcparts
Hi Darryl

Try placing this in your product.tpl see if this works.

Code:
<div style="white-space:nowrap;color:#D90000;font-weight:bold;padding:2px;margin:10px 0 4px;">Click image to enlarge</div>

Hey,

Thanks alot. The only problem is I upgraded to 4.1.11 and was pretty proud of myself that everything worked out for the most part. The only mod that didn't quite work properly and I suspected it wouldn't during the upgrade process was this one. I had noticed some code changes during the upgrade, and suspected it may not work when I finished.

I'll have to wait for an update before I can make it active again.

I used an X-Cart upgrade pack from 4.1.10 to 4.1.11 and tested it first. I basically followed the instructions in the post that was made in another forum about upgrading safely. I manually did the ones that wouldn't upgrade on their own.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Advanced Member

I have this working ok on 4.1.11 now.

There would be better ways of doing this but try this BACKUP FIRST!!!

In your product.tpl

Change

Code:
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$phpss_dyn_img_width|default:$product.image_x product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="W"}&nbsp;

To This

Code:
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$phpss_dyn_img_width|default:$product.image_x product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.image_url id="product_thumbnail" type=$product.image_type}&nbsp;

Then Change

Code:
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$phpss_dyn_img_width|default:$product.image_x product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"}&nbsp;

To This

Code:
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$phpss_dyn_img_width|default:$product.image_x product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.image_url id="product_thumbnail" type=$product.image_type}&nbsp;

This is working on a Local install OK.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:53 PM

Advanced Member

And i just tried this on a stock 4.1.11 product.tpl

change this part

Code:
{if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"} {else} {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.image_id image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.image_url id="product_thumbnail" type=$product.image_type}&nbsp; {/if} {if $active_modules.Magnifier ne "" and $config.Magnifier.magnifier_image_popup eq 'Y' and $zoomer_images ne '' and $js_enabled eq 'Y' and $printable neq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Magnifier/popup_magnifier.tpl"} {/if}

With this

Code:
{* PHP Site Solutions - Dynamic Images *} {if $active_modules.PHPSS_Dynamic_Images ne ""} {assign var=phpss_dyn_img_width value=$config.PHPSS_Dynamic_Images.phpss_dyn_img_prodtpl_img_width} {/if} {* / PHP Site Solutions - Dynamic Images *} {if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"} {else} {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$phpss_dyn_img_width|default:$product.image_x product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.image_url id="product_thumbnail" type=$product.image_type}&nbsp; {/if} {if $active_modules.Magnifier ne "" and $config.Magnifier.magnifier_image_popup eq 'Y' and $zoomer_images ne '' and $js_enabled eq 'Y' and $printable neq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Magnifier/popup_magnifier.tpl"} {/if}

Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 AM

I have 4.1.1 x-cart and when I wanna patch I get could not patch error. When shall I expect a patch for 4.1.1 version?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonshop
I have 4.1.1 x-cart and when I wanna patch I get could not patch error. When shall I expect a patch for 4.1.1 version?

I am having the same problem. Cant get the .php patch to work with 4.1.11......
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4