Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Highslide Image Module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-29-2010, 05:27 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Highslide gallery (4.2 and 4.1) and single (4.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGardenBath
Hi Tal!

Thanks so much for your quick response! Yes, you're right, there's an extra "/" in there that I didn't notice either! lol I removed those in the bottom.tpl file and now it's better, but not quite there yet.

Now, when I click on the thumbnail, I see the loading image, but the detailed image doesn't pop up. I'm going to check the product.tpl file to see if there are any extra "/" in those lines too just in case.

I hate to bother you with this, but I really appreciate your help! Any tips on what may be wrong? I hope it's nothing I did!

Wow, I botched my first mod.
In highslide-full.js on line 56 there should be a graphicsDir line. Remove xcart43/ but keep the first forward slash. That should work.

Don't get why my testing didn't reveal that though... It was in a completely new directory and shouldnt have worked.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:56 PM

No worries, Tal!

I fixed that line in the js and the highslide seems to be working now.

Maybe I don't understand how it's supposed to work - it's not behaving how I expected now that I can see it in action.

Before, with the detailed image set to be in a popup window, the product thumb that I uploaded was on the product page and when you clicked it, the detailed product image would pop up.

Now, with highslide enabled, there is the original product thumb image but also a 2nd thumb image. If you click on the product thumb, it does the highslide popup, but since it's a thumb and already the small size that it is, it doesn't really get bigger - in other words, it does NOT popup to the larger detailed product image.

The 2nd thumb image DOES popup with highslide to the detailed product image.

http://www.dreamtreestudio.com/star-shine-ACEO_2.5x3.5-inches.html

Is there supposed to be 2 thumbs like this? I expected just the one thumb would open the larger detailed image. Is there a setting that maybe I need to change? I've tried doing single image, gallery, and mini-gallery so far. In mini-gallery there is only 1 thumb image on the product page, but it doesn't link to the detailed product image, it just pops up itself (no larger, if that makes sense).

What I was expecting was similar to the way the original pop-up worked, just with a nicer pop-up!

Any more advice? I truly appreciate your support with this!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:02 PM

X-Adept

The way I implemented it, the very first image you upload (on the main product page, not detailed) will pop-up in the full size. This is so you don't need to upload the same image twice. One for the thumbnail to show in the category/search and then one for detailed. This will just use the larger version of the thumbnail as the first image.

So, just remove the detailed image you currently have and then reupload that image as the main image in the main product options area.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Ah-ha!! That's even better - I always hate having to do 2 images when 1 will do!

I just did that and it works PERFECTLY!!!!!

Thanks so much for working through this with me! Hopefully we've both learned a few things...and that's always good!

I love highslide - my images look so much nicer now! Thank you for your hard work!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 PM

X-Adept

Module is now updated and works for both 4.2.x and 4.1.x!
Please see http://simplexcart.com/modifications/highslide
If anyone has problems or questions, do let me know and I'll gladly help you get it working on your site

Also, original posts for 4.2.x and 4.1.x modifications will still be kept in the thread and on the site, however it should only be used as a reference.

Will be working on a newer version with even moar features. Not going to go into too much depth but it will provide an all-in-one solution for modal windows. Per page, category control as well...

The following user thanks Shamun for this useful post:
am2003 (07-11-2010)
Old 10-25-2010, 06:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Highslide Image Module

hi there

can you post a couple of links showing the mod in action please?

Thank you!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:01 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogofogo
hi there

can you post a couple of links showing the mod in action please?

Thank you!

Only X-cart example would be this:
http://www.dreamtreestudio.com/star-shine-ACEO_2.5x3.5-inches.html

I don't have any info from others using it. It functions pretty much exactly like the ones on highslide.com though.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:07 AM

X-Man

Tal - it will be great if you make this available for v4.4. Adding Highslide in Detailed Product Images Module - drop down menu together with the other 3 QT options (cloudzoom, ...).
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions