Old 11-23-2003, 04:09 PM

X-Man

Ok for starters in subcategories.tpl

replace

Code:
{capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"}

with

Code:
{capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} {if $subcategories[cat_num].category}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section}

Right above the start of the Mod. This will lose the extra text saying that there are no products.

I'm working on the other issue.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:09 PM

Default Category Display Issues

Hello adpboss,

Thank you for your mod, worked great.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:40 PM

First thanks for this MOD, it was just what I was looking for

I'm hoping someone can help me here

I'm using this MOD successfully on our site, with one problem.

If I use any html code in my description all the codes show in the description created next to the image.
http://www.wahmboutique.com/boutique/customer/home.php?cat=303
The code is applied correctly above the subcategory name when you open the subcategory.
http://www.wahmboutique.com/boutique/customer/home.php?cat=302

Is there a way to fix this and if so, can someone lead me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
May
Old 10-14-2004, 09:33 PM

May,
Can you post your subcategories.tpl and your subcat description for Lil Mermaids?

Bobby
PHP 4.3.5
MySQL server 4.0.20-standard
Operation system Linux
Apache Web Server
Old 10-16-2004, 09:32 AM

I'll get the code in a bit, but for the description - the only html used in the description right now is a

May
Old 10-17-2004, 12:03 PM

I was hoping that someone would help me in troubleshooting this script. I implemented the script and see the extra columns with icons, but I don't get the descriptions or product counts.

Here is a link to one of my categories: http://www.eartpark.com/home.php?cat=253

Here is a link to one of the sub-categories: http://www.eartpark.com/home.php?cat=263

As you can see, there is a text description in the sub-category. Why would it not display?

Here is the code that I am using in subcategories.tpl:

Code:
{* $Id: subcategories.tpl,v 1.29 2002/11/26 14:55:13 alfiya Exp $ *} {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu ne "Y"} {include file="modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.tpl"} {/if} { include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl" } {if ($navigation_page eq "")||($navigation_page eq "1")}{$current_category.description|regex_replace:"/[\n]/":" "} {/if} {capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} {if $subcategories[cat_num].category}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} { if %cat_num.first% } <table border=0 cellspacing=5 width=100%> {/if} {if $smarty.section.cat_num.index is div by 2} </tr><tr valign="top"> {/if} <td valign="top" width="70" align="center"> <a class="alt" href="home.php?cat={ $subcategories[cat_num].categoryid }"> [img]../icon.php?categoryid={$subcategories[cat_num].categoryid}[/img] </a> </td> <td align=left><a class="alt" href="home.php?cat={ $subcategories[cat_num].categoryid }"> {$subcategories[cat_num].category|escape}</a> {$subcategories[cat_num].description|escape} {if $config.Appearance.count_products eq "Y"} <font class=Text> {if $subcategories[cat_num].product_count} { $subcategories[cat_num].product_count } {$lng.lbl_products} {elseif $subcategories[cat_num].subcategory_count} { $subcategories[cat_num].subcategory_count } {$lng.lbl_categories|lower} {/if} </font> {/if} </td> { if %cat_num.last% } </tr></table> {/if} {/section} {* ==================== Sub categories mod end *} {if $tmp and $products ne "" } <br clear=_all>{*<hr size=1 noshade>*} {/if} {if $products ne "" and $tmp eq "0"} {include file="customer/main/products.tpl" products=$products} {/if} {if $products eq "" and $tmp eq "0"} {$lng.txt_no_products_in_cat} {/if} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$current_category.category|regex_replace:"/.*\//":"" content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {if $products eq "" and $f_products ne ""} {include file="customer/main/featured.tpl"} {/if} { include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl" }
Perl 5.006001
XML 1.95.6
Old 10-17-2004, 12:05 PM

X-Man

Add this to get the description

Code:
{$products[product].descr|truncate:300:"...":true}
Old 10-17-2004, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpboss
Add this to get the description

Code:
{$products[product].descr|truncate:300:"...":true}

Thanks for the quick reply, but shouldn't the description for the subcategories come from something that looks like this? The code you sent looks like what I would use for product descriptions...

Code:
{$subcategories[cat_num].category|escape}
Perl 5.006001
XML 1.95.6
Old 10-17-2004, 01:53 PM

X-Man

You are correct. I have made a bo-bo.

Old 10-17-2004, 01:56 PM

X-Adept

WHAT??? You of all people have made a boo bo? I never thought I would see the day.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions