Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Classic v. 4.6.2 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-25-2014, 11:02 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart Classic v. 4.6.2 released

Thank you for your answer.

Well, then we just installed the impossible
We have installed the 4.5.2 PRO upgraded to 4.6.0 PRO and then as written within QT help desk to 4.6.2 PRO. So, for sure there is a 4.6.2 Version.

My only question was why QT releases .diff files instead of a simple updating file. But as it turned out there was a bug during installation which made a simple upgrade not possible. After another fresh install everything worked out well and it looks like the software is very speedy! Good job!

Thank you again for your help!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:27 AM

X-Guru

Hello!

Just to make this clear: there are no upgrades to PRO 4.6.2.

We have a script that automatically generates patches and uploads them to the HelpDesk system. Unfortunately, the script wasn't changed properly, so it has generated something that you could download as "PRO upgrade to 4.6.2". It is not 4.6.2 PRO!

Please do not use this upgrade patch!

We never tested it. Moverover, you may end up with your X-Cart Pro turned into something like X-Cart Gold Plus.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

Last edited by qualiteam : 02-27-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:41 AM

X-Adept

Does this mean I can not trust the software updates that you offer??
This must really be a very bad joke.

I have chated at least 3-4 times with QT and asked several times via help desk to make sure about the upgrade path. I was always told to use this upgrade path 4.5.2, 4.6.0 and then 4.6.2
Are you telling me that 5 or more staff members telling me one and the same upgrade path and they all don't know? I'm very dissappointed!

When I login to your help desk I completely trust you that your stuff and your software updates are real and not something non-existing that is attached to your help desk.

The store has already been heavily customized within the last days (paid of course!) as I trusted all the emails and all the chats I had with QT.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 AM

X-Guru

I apologize for the confusion. However, I believe that you were advised on upgrading to 4.6.1, not 4.6.2.
We've stopped development of X-Cart PRO packages (http://blog.x-cart.com/discontinue-x-cart-pro.html), and the last version for X-Cart Pro is 4.6.1.

---

X-Cart Extensions
Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 AM

X-Adept

Now, this is very bad. How do you justify offering non-working upgrade packs??
I mean we need to trust the help desk and the latest versions. People build webpages and businesses and rely on this trust.

Your sales representative was the first one who said clearly that this version does not exist and this was yesterday.

I'm very dissapointed about the fact that non-existing software is offered within the help desk.

I think it makes no sense to argue. I really like the new version and think QT did a good job. How can we downgrade to 4.6.1?
Old 02-27-2014, 01:28 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfigure
Your sales representative was the first one who said clearly that this version does not exist and this was yesterday.

First of all, we're sorry about the presence of the upgrade packs, it's our fault indeed, and it will be fixed.

However I can not agree with the statement about "yesterday'.

Back in August we informed all the owners of X-Cart PRO licenses that the support of this version is discontinued and the upgrade patches would not be available. (Moreover, the announcement was included into monthly newsletter to notify all users, subscribed to X-Cart news and updates.)

You were among the recipients and you did open that email. You didn't click the link to read details, though - but that was your own choice. You have seen the screenshot which was removed per your request.

As for downgrade, we do not provide any downgrade patches. And honestly speaking I have never seen anyone who does. You're stating that you'be been customizing the store recently - thus you may have a dev copy of original version - or a backup, which is always recommended to create before starting the upgrade. If such a version is available, the best way is to take it and start the upgrade procedure again.

Last edited by Ksenia : 02-27-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
First of all, we're sorry about the presence of the upgrade packs, it's our fault indeed, and it will be fixed.

However I can not agree with the statement about "yesterday'.

Back in August we informed all the owners of X-Cart PRO licenses that the support of this version is discontinued and the upgrade patches would not be available. (Moreover, the announcement was included into monthly newsletter to notify all users, subscribed to X-Cart news and updates.)

You were among the recipients and you did open that email. You didn't click the link to read details, though - but that was your own choice.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0822eziaee

As for downgrade, we do not provide any downgrade patches. And honestly speaking I have never seen anyone who does. You're stating that you'be been customizing the store recently - thus you may have a dev copy of original version - or a backup, which is always recommended to create before starting the upgrade. If such a version is available, the best way is to take it and start the upgrade procedure again.

1. Did you read all chats histories? I'm not talking about a Newsletter from last year. I'm talking about the fact that there nobody ever told us that there are faulty upgrade packages. To be honest. You trust the help desk when you want to upgrade and upgrade simply to the latest version available in your help desk. It's simply your fault. Nothing else to say.

2. I don't understand how you can blame it on me as a customer. It was your fault to provide wrong software upgrades. It's my fault to use it.

3. I assume that you know that we don't really 'want' to downgrade but we might have too.

4. We have copies of every step. But after the 4.6.2 installation there have been many customizations made and mods added.

I can not understand how you can provide wrong upgrade packs and now even blame it on me that I trust your help desk. Really not fair, even you sent the Newsletter last year and other informations. In the end it's simple: I trust your help desk.

Please remove the screenshot immediately.
Names, email addresses and businesses are private and shall not be shared publicly by QT.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:14 AM

X-Guru

I've removed a few posts as the discussion gone far away from the thread topic.

To sum up:

1. There is no X-Cart 4.6.2 PRO, and there are no patches to upgrade to 4.6.2 PRO.

2. The upgrade patches which users were able to download in the HelpDesk were uploaded there by an automatic script by a mistake. These files do not upgrade PRO to 4.6.2 and will be removed as soon as possible.

---

X-Cart Extensions

Last edited by qualiteam : 02-27-2014 at 02:31 AM.

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
sixfigure (02-27-2014)
Old 02-27-2014, 05:18 AM

X-Adept

As of today, my x-cart admin header still reads that the latest version is 4.6.1, which is 23 days after release or 4.6.2

Quote:
New version is available (4.6.1)

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday
Can anyone confirm if the debugging console is working fine for 4.6.2 platinum or gold?

1) I don't see the corresponding templates on the site whilst hovering the links on the debugging console.

2) When I click on any of the template link on the debugging console the edit template does not open up.

The template link is not correct on the debugging console.

It used to work fine with 4.6.1 platinum

Fix
fix_debug_console.diff
Attached Files
File Type: diff fix_debug_console.diff (1.7 KB, 3 views)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements