Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Remove Checkout with PayPal from Pop-Up

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 08-18-2015, 12:48 PM

Advanced Member

Default Remove Checkout with PayPal from Pop-Up

When someone adds something to the cart a little green status notification pops up at the top of the window informing them that the item has been added to the cart, and also has a button with the "Checkout with PayPal" logo on it. How do I remove the PayPal logo from that status notification? In the Store Setup > Payment Methods section I have "Display the "Buy Now with PayPal" button" check box turned off which removes it from the product listings but it still displays in the green notification window and I really want it gone.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:45 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Remove Checkout with PayPal from Pop-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Fat
When someone adds something to the cart a little green status notification pops up at the top of the window informing them that the item has been added to the cart, and also has a button with the "Checkout with PayPal" logo on it. How do I remove the PayPal logo from that status notification? In the Store Setup > Payment Methods section I have "Display the "Buy Now with PayPal" button" check box turned off which removes it from the product listings but it still displays in the green notification window and I really want it gone.
Hi.
You can add the following code to the Custom CSS section to disable that button.
Code:
#status-messages .pp-ec-button { display: none; }
Old 08-19-2015, 01:38 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razortw
Hi.
You can add the following code to the Custom CSS section to disable that button.
Code:
#status-messages .pp-ec-button { display: none; }
Thank you but right now I can't use custom CSS because I am unable to install ThemeTweaker. My support ticket is 295065. Is there some way to install the previous version since it looks like the current version has a bug? I am anxious to fix this because I want to go back to working on my shop and I can't at the moment without ThemeTweaker.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:48 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Thank you but right now I can't use custom CSS because I am unable to install ThemeTweaker. My support ticket is 295065. Is there some way to install the previous version since it looks like the current version has a bug? I am anxious to fix this because I want to go back to working on my shop and I can't at the moment without ThemeTweaker.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to install the previous version of the module in your store.
As far as I can judge, the issue is caused by something in your server environment that prevents X-Cart from unpacking the module archive successfully, which actually indicates that the issue isn't caused by that particular module.
Anyway, please try to install the ThemeTweaker module from the archive I attached.
First, extract the TAR file from the archive. Then upload the TAR file to your X-Cart via the 'Modules' section.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XC-ThemeTweaker-v5_2_7.zip (877.2 KB, 437 views)

The following user thanks razortw for this useful post:
Wing Fat (08-20-2015)
Old 08-20-2015, 01:32 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, it is not possible to install the previous version of the module in your store.
As far as I can judge, the issue is caused by something in your server environment that prevents X-Cart from unpacking the module archive successfully, which actually indicates that the issue isn't caused by that particular module.
Anyway, please try to install the ThemeTweaker module from the archive I attached.
First, extract the TAR file from the archive. Then upload the TAR file to your X-Cart via the 'Modules' section.
Igor: First, THANK YOU! This worked perfectly and I once again have ThemeTweaker installed. I can now resume editing my website design. I am disappointed I did not receive this information or level of assistance when I submitted a support ticket and tried several times to follow up. I appreciate you stepping in and actually fixing the problem for me.

Second, I don't believe my server environment is the problem. When I initially submitted the support ticket a few days ago, I was told by Eugene that he investigated the issue and it was a bug in the software that was causing the problem and that he would submit the information to the developers. Also, I've recently installed a couple of other modules and had no problems with those.

Finally, since I am now able to use custom CSS again I tried your solution to remove PayPal from the cart pop-up and it worked perfectly.

Thank you again for your assistance, I really appreciate it.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:09 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Igor: First, THANK YOU! This worked perfectly and I once again have ThemeTweaker installed. I can now resume editing my website design. I am disappointed I did not receive this information or level of assistance when I submitted a support ticket and tried several times to follow up. I appreciate you stepping in and actually fixing the problem for me.

Second, I don't believe my server environment is the problem. When I initially submitted the support ticket a few days ago, I was told by Eugene that he investigated the issue and it was a bug in the software that was causing the problem and that he would submit the information to the developers. Also, I've recently installed a couple of other modules and had no problems with those.

Finally, since I am now able to use custom CSS again I tried your solution to remove PayPal from the cart pop-up and it worked perfectly.

Thank you again for your assistance, I really appreciate it.
Thank you for the kind words.
Also, I'd like to note here that the development team has resolved the issue and updated the module, so this problem should not occur for anyone else.

The following user thanks razortw for this useful post:
Wing Fat (08-21-2015)
Old 11-04-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words.
Also, I'd like to note here that the development team has resolved the issue and updated the module, so this problem should not occur for anyone else.

Up to the current new xcart5 version, the problems are still there:
Checkout with PayPal on checkout Pop-Up
Checkout with PayPal on product detail page

The above results in skipping shipping method selection and serial problems.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:06 AM

X-Guru

It can be due to a different cause.

Please could you describe the problems in details? What do you do? What do you see? What do you except to see instead? Are there any errors in log files in the var/log/ directory?

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
hawk (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:16 PM

if to click the button Checkout with PayPal button on product detail page, OR
if to click the button Checkout with PayPal button on checkout page,
directly go to Paypal for checkout with "default shipping method".

You will have NOT chance to select shipping method.

"default shipping method" may be not suitable for some peoples
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)