Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smarty Templates

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-01-2004, 05:18 AM

Default Smarty Templates

All the stores I've seen in here all used the basic layout via a 3 column design. Information contained to both left and right sides and information in the middle. I've also noticed that majority of people are still using the product view with the same layout as the template.

When I talked with my customer service rep they said I would have the ability to change these things and that it would be "easy". He also said I would be able to work the store into my design.

My questions are this:

Can I change the layout of my store and the way my information is presented to the client? At one time they had a link to a current client -- it was a lingerie store and it had completely changed the layout of the store/products/categories, etc and it looked really clean. That link is no longer up there for some reason.

Also, I don't want my customer's website to have the 3 column look. I want to create a webdesign and then work my store into it.

Are these things possible?

Thank you for your help!
Old 10-01-2004, 05:24 AM

I found the website actually.

http://www.angelacarol.com/

My client is a trendy, expensive clothing store. Basically I just don't want their store front to appear "template" or out of the box. I want the ability to change how the product is presented. Like the above website has done.

Have they done something extremely difficult or simply made some changes to the store templates?

Thanks again!
Old 10-02-2004, 05:06 AM

X-Adept

hehehe That is my store. And thank you for the compliments.

There was a lot of customization for that store. Also, another one that I just finished that you might want to look at (it will show you more of what can be done) is:

www.AngelaCarolPearls.com

If you would like to discuss this project more, or need more examples, then just PM me or email me at:

scouch@telafirma.com
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design