Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.7.12 released

 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-15-2020, 03:12 PM
  PhilJ's Avatar 
PhilJ PhilJ is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 3,775
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Any chance of an update to the roadmap ?
Reply With Quote

The following 3 users thank PhilJ for this useful post:
adriant (10-16-2020), elmirage001 (10-18-2020), ITVV (10-17-2020)
  #12  
Old 10-16-2020, 01:49 AM
 
adriant adriant is offline
 

Senior Member
  
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 167
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

This would be really useful
__________________
Xcart gold Plus V4.7.12
REBoot(REdux)

https://www.serpro.co.uk
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks adriant for this useful post:
ITVV (10-17-2020)
  #13  
Old 10-20-2020, 12:40 AM
 
aim aim is offline
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 920
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Hello,

We've updated the roadmap
https://help.x-cart.com/Roadmap

Thank you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote

The following 8 users thank aim for this useful post:
adriant (10-27-2020), BBM_ (10-20-2020), BCSE (10-20-2020), dpcompany (10-20-2020), elmirage001 (10-26-2020), ITVV (10-20-2020), pauldodman (10-20-2020), PhilJ (10-20-2020)
  #14  
Old 10-27-2020, 02:57 AM
 
herber@wirehub.nl herber@wirehub.nl is online now
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 292
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Hello,

You are right, I have added the query intentionally.

You can safely ignore the error in the log files.

To remove duplicates do the following steps:
0) Make a DB backup. (Especially the xcart_modules table)


1) Find the duplicates
Code:
select module_name,moduleid,active,author,tags from xcart_modules order by module_name, moduleid;


2) Remove the duplicates that have the highest moduleid by using the query
Code:
DELETE FROM xcart_modules WHERE moduleid IN (id1,id2,id3);

3) After that add the UNIQUE INDEX
Code:
ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);
to prevent future problems.

Thank you.
Sorry, it has been a while since I've had time to continue the 4.7.12 upgrade.
I'm getting the following error when running the ALTER TABLE query:
Code:
Error in query (1061): Duplicate key name 'module_name'

module_name is already an INDEX, should that be changed to UNIQUE?
__________________
X-Cart 4.7.9
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-27-2020, 07:01 AM
 
aim aim is offline
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 920
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
Sorry, it has been a while since I've had time to continue the 4.7.12 upgrade.
I'm getting the following error when running the ALTER TABLE query:
Code:
Error in query (1061): Duplicate key name 'module_name'

module_name is already an INDEX, should that be changed to UNIQUE?

Hello,

When did you download the upgrade pack?

I made a fix in September which took into account your current xcart_modules structure.

Could you upload the upgrade/4.7.9-4.7.12/patch.sql file?

Thank you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2020, 09:18 AM
 
herber@wirehub.nl herber@wirehub.nl is online now
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 292
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Hello,

When did you download the upgrade pack?

I made a fix in September which took into account your current xcart_modules structure.

Could you upload the upgrade/4.7.9-4.7.12/patch.sql file?

Thank you.
This is an 'old' upgrade pack that I downloaded on May 31st, I will download a new one & check if the problem is resolved.

/edit

I have downloaded a new patch from 4.7.9 to 4.7.12 & it gives the same error when upgrading:
Code:
SQL PATCH ``patch.sql'' FAILED AT QUERIES: ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);

But if the solution is to change the INDEX on module_name to UNIQUE, than I will just do that?
__________________
X-Cart 4.7.9
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-27-2020, 09:34 PM
 
aim aim is offline
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 920
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
This is an 'old' upgrade pack that I downloaded on May 31st, I will download a new one & check if the problem is resolved.

/edit

I have downloaded a new patch from 4.7.9 to 4.7.12 & it gives the same error when upgrading:
Code:
SQL PATCH ``patch.sql'' FAILED AT QUERIES: ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);

But if the solution is to change the INDEX on module_name to UNIQUE, than I will just do that?

Hello

There is a code before the ALTER statement which should safely remove duplicates to avoid such errors.

Code:
-- remove duplicates from xCart_mOdules CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS _xcart_modules_orig_aim_ ( moduleid int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, module_name varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', module_descr varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `active` char(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Y', init_orderby varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', author varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'other', module_url varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', tags varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (moduleid), UNIQUE KEY module_name (module_name) ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8; INSERT IGNORE INTO _xcart_modules_orig_aim_ SELECT moduleid,module_name,module_descr,`active`,init_orderby,author,module_url,tags FROM xcart_modules ORDER BY active DESC, moduleid; DELETE FROM xcart_modules WHERE moduleid NOT IN (SELECT moduleid FROM _xcart_modules_orig_aim_); DROP TABLE _xcart_modules_orig_aim_; -- https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=51786 ALTER TABLE xcart_modules ADD UNIQUE KEY `module_name` (`module_name`);

but you got the idea correctly
You can remove the whole block if your module_name is already UNIQUE KEY

Thank you.
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM
  PhilJ's Avatar 
PhilJ PhilJ is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 3,775
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Suggestion for v4.7.13 - When the Email Account Activation module is enabled, after a customer registers, they are returned to the homepage, but there's no message to tell them to check their email!

So it would be nice to show a message or modal to tell them to check their email to activate their account.
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks PhilJ for this useful post:
ITVV (Yesterday)
  #19  
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
 
aim aim is offline
Advanced Staff Users
 

X-Cart team
  
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 920
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Suggestion for v4.7.13 - When the Email Account Activation module is enabled, after a customer registers, they are returned to the homepage, but there's no message to tell them to check their email!

So it would be nice to show a message or modal to tell them to check their email to activate their account.

Hello.

Thank you for your suggestion.

As I can see it works properly

https://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus/


Maybe there is a module which overwrites the $top_message variable?

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2020-10-29_21-00-48.png (126.3 KB, 13 views)
__________________
Sincerely yours,
Ildar Amankulov
Head of Maintenance group
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
  PhilJ's Avatar 
PhilJ PhilJ is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 3,775
 

Default Re: X-Cart 4.7.12 released

Yes, func_email_activation_get_register_top_message() doesn't seem to be doing its job, I'll do some digging, thanks Ildar.
Reply With Quote

The following user thanks PhilJ for this useful post:
aim (Yesterday)
Reply
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:31 PM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2020