Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Setting up orders from a table of products?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-28-2002, 04:13 PM

Default Setting up orders from a table of products?

I have a client with several categories of products. Each category has only one product, but it comes in 6 colours and 15 sizes for a total of 90 different combinations (each a different price). He suggested setting up a table with sizes down the side and colours across the top. I'm exploring if this might be a possibility or not. I've seen it done on another shopping cart which didn't use mysql. I can imagine it is possible to set it up where there is a 6 x 15 table with each cell containing the Qty ordered form field and a "go" button to order, but I imagine the whole point of having it in a table format would be to allow the customer to select several different size/colour combinations and then checkout with all of the items in the cart at one time instead of having to do each one separately. That would be the only advantage to having it in a table as far as I'm concerned.

I'm thinking it will not work out, but I decided to post this here just on the off chance someone had done something like this.

Thanks,

Heather
Old 10-28-2002, 11:31 PM

X-Man

This can be done a lot more easily through the use of product option drop downs and creates somthing that is a bit more useable for the visitor.

You will need to set the global product options as on in the general setting first before you go back in to modify a product. You will then see the product options.

Funkydunk
Old 10-29-2002, 01:14 PM

Default Table

Thanks, I know how to add the options, it's just that a customer ordering 5 or 6 sizes has to go through the ordering process that many times. I was looking for a simpler way for them to just enter the quantity of items for each size/colour combination and hit the order button just once. The idea came from this site: http://www.merchantorderform.com/mofcart/Example_Matrix.html

Most likely, it might be less confusing for the customer to just set it up the normal way.

Thanks,
Heather
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design