Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XCSEO Pro

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-04-2008, 04:09 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: XCSEO Pro

Quote:
The next major version of X-Cart(4.2.x) will have a built-in SEO-friendly-urls module.

Great news, will it also handle the page titles and descriptions also?

Lets hope so as the only other mod you would have to buy is from Bill at Altered Cart. (His support is the best on the net, so is the quality of product he sticks out)
Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 AM

Advanced Member

Wicked

Totally agree with you - excellent post - right on the money.
tsoHosting
Old 11-04-2008, 06:54 AM

X-Adept

While having built in SEO in 4.2 is nice, I think Wicked's post is much broader than this one type of MOD.

This is a great little community and many here have been around since the beginning. It would be a great help if we can police ourselves in a manner that does not bash anyone but does alert of potential problems such as relying on server feeds from the MOD author. While a "seal of approval" from X-cart would be a start, I think it would be more of a benefit to get a "safe MOD" stamp from the senior folks on the forum. They know who has been around for a long time and are doing MODs professionally full time and who is a short timer and have only been doing a couple of MODs.

Many of the folks that develop MODs advertise and inform the X-cart community through here what they have and who they are. People would be wise to spend a little time on here before they surf Google looking for MODs. Since X-cart support seems to be having trouble working a ticket in a reasonable amount of time (our standards) then it would be better if they referenced this forum rather than a "seal of approval".

Anyway that is my thoughts on this and it is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Mike
Old 11-04-2008, 07:08 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
That is GREAT news, when will it be released please?

http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=232157&postcount=12

Quote:
Great news, will it also handle the page titles and descriptions also?

You will be able to set up meta keywords and descriptions for products and categories.

ex-Head of X-Cart Tech Support Department
ex- X-Cart Hosting Manager - X-Cart hosting
ex-X-Cart Technical Support Engineer

Note: For the official guaranteed tech support services please turn to the Customers HelpDesk.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 AM

X-Adept

Brilliant news!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:46 AM

X-Wizard

Code:
As long as modules do not contain functions dependent on the authors' servers remaining online then there really is no problem. X-Cart only needs to do one thing - provide a certification badge for modules which do not rely on any type of communication with the authors' servers. Other than this, its buyer beware and you should have been more careful jumping from a one man show right to another.

It would be better if QT could provide a minimum level of certification which also included access to encrypted code if a vendor disappears. Sometimes "one man show" is the best/only option. Perhaps we can find a way for the "one man show" to demonstrate that they have exercised provisions in the event that they have to disappear. Here is a suggestion

I assume QT avoids a certification program for 3rd parties because of all the work/cost/liability it could mean for them. But if they could come up with some minimal set of certification that does not leave consumers totally stranded, that would be a good first step. If they won't - it might also work to make it a condition of advertising products on this forum that vendors have a plan to execute in the event of their disappearance.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 PM

X-Adept

The only consideration that has to be made is that a script will not stop functioning if a supplier's server goes offline. Everything else is business, and companies disappear all the time.

Let's not overcomplicate this issue.

As a store owner/designer it is your job to know who you buy from, ignorance on how a script functions is no excuse. For modules which are encrypted I think the X-Cart people would be smart to give their blessing to those which will not stop working if a vendor goes away. That's the beginning and the end of the issue.

Everything else is your own responsibility.

X-Cart Version 4.1.10
Old 11-05-2008, 01:32 AM

Advanced Member

tqualizerman

I could not disagree with you more.

Quote:
Everything else is your own responsibility.
Yeah good on ya.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM

X-Adept

Tell me why I'm mistaken.

X-Cart Version 4.1.10
Old 11-15-2008, 08:53 AM

this is a very very bad guy, he installed the mod for me and i paid him $120 which was not working, i had to report to my credit card to file dispute, and he logged in my web site using the password i gave him and broke down my web site, fortunately i could recover it and changed password, he keep trying to using the password and similar phrase to log in.

why i know it was him, xcart has the master log in failure warning and i got the ip address was from 24.40.216.236 north carolina, i found his info from the same address:

Registrant:
PHP Site Solutions

Technical Contact:
Langevin, Jonathan support@phpsitesolutions.com
PHP Site Solutions
235 N. High Point Rd
Southport, North Carolina 28461
United States

So, if you guy paid him and no respond, call his phone number 704-905-0271, first file the dispute from your credit card company, i swear if this guy try again to log in my admin, i will report to the policy and anti hack organization.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4