Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Funkydunk's COOL mod for total meta tag control

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-02-2003, 10:57 AM

eXpert

Hi Funkydunk,

I've read through this entire thread, and the mod looks fantastic. However, I'm not a programmer, and there seem to be several iterations of the same file, and some posters have only added updates for specific builds... so I'm now a bit confused I'm running 3.4.7. The updated code you've posted above... is this the only file I need to change (I'm assuming it's a change to category_modify.php), or do I still need to change the sql database and all the other things mentioned further up the thread? If that's the case, can you please give me a list of what actually needs changing, or even better, the actual code for each file appropriate for version 3.4.7.

Thanks a lot

Dave
Old 10-02-2003, 12:55 PM

X-Man

follow it from the top of the thread - all the original code works fine.

The last bit is just to change the display of it in home.tpl.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:55 PM

Default 3.48 worked great as far as I can tell.

Funky, Cameron and anyone else who has contributed.
Thanks!

I used the same mods all the way thru and seems that it worked well on 3.4.8. Haven't started to enter data yet but the correct fileds are in place.

One that that I struggled with at first was the concept of cutting and pasting the mysql statement. I use PHPmyadmin and this method gave me errors each time.

Not that anyone needs to use myadmin, but if you do just simply cut and paste one line at a time and build your columns this way. Use this method if you are getting errors like myself.

The suggested way would be the reccommended insert into the update patch section within the cart itself. I didn't see this at first but the info is definately in the threads.

Thanks again,
Old 10-19-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Funkydunk's COOL mod for total meta tag control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron
First, patch your SQL database with this info:
Quote:
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('meta_title', 'Meta Title', '', 'Company', 600, 'text');
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('meta_description', 'Meta Description', 'Offering Dolphin Jewelry, Dolphin Gifts, Dolphin Art, Dolphin Toys,Dolphin Animals and other Dolphin related products.', 'Company', 601, 'text');
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('meta_keywords', 'Meta Keywords', 'dolphins,dolphin jewelry,dolphin gifts,dolphin art,dolphin toys,dolphin tattoos,dolphin figurine,dolphin home decor,dolphin water fountains,dolphin clothing,dolphin books,dolphin videos,dolphin tote bags', 'Company', 602, 'text');

ALTER TABLE `xcart_categories` ADD `page_title` VARCHAR( 255 ) AFTER `description` ;
ALTER TABLE `xcart_categories` ADD `meta_description` VARCHAR( 255 ) AFTER `page_title` ;
Cameron

I implemented the above code and didn't realize that I had to change the values, so now I have dolphin keywords and descriptions on pages that I don't modify.

How do I fix this?
Old 10-19-2003, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Funkydunk's COOL mod for total meta tag control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydivascloset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron
First, patch your SQL database with this info:
Quote:
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('meta_title', 'Meta Title', '', 'Company', 600, 'text');
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('meta_description', 'Meta Description', 'Offering Dolphin Jewelry, Dolphin Gifts, Dolphin Art, Dolphin Toys,Dolphin Animals and other Dolphin related products.', 'Company', 601, 'text');
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('meta_keywords', 'Meta Keywords', 'dolphins,dolphin jewelry,dolphin gifts,dolphin art,dolphin toys,dolphin tattoos,dolphin figurine,dolphin home decor,dolphin water fountains,dolphin clothing,dolphin books,dolphin videos,dolphin tote bags', 'Company', 602, 'text');

ALTER TABLE `xcart_categories` ADD `page_title` VARCHAR( 255 ) AFTER `description` ;
ALTER TABLE `xcart_categories` ADD `meta_description` VARCHAR( 255 ) AFTER `page_title` ;
Cameron

I implemented the above code and didn't realize that I had to change the values, so now I have dolphin keywords and descriptions on pages that I don't modify.

How do I fix this?

Just figured it out. I can change the values in the "Company Option" section.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:03 PM

X-Man

Old 10-25-2003, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunk
Thanks for that :)

Here is the updated code into a 3.4.7 script:

I've followed the thread and modified everything but I'm getting parse errors on the category_modify.php. I think it has something to do with spaces in the code? I've checked the original x-cart 3.4.8 code and it's identical to the line the error is supposedly on. When I copy the line from the original and paste it in Funkydunk's 3.4.7 mod the error goes away. But the code is exactly the same just with a space or two! So far this has worked until one error that won't go away. Line 151 of funkydunk's code-

if ($category_path != $category_name && !func_query_first("select * from $sql_tbl[categories] where category='$category_path'")){

anyone know why i'm getting these errors? the admin/category_modify won't even load. If I restore it to the original, it works fine.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:24 AM

X-Man

This is the code for 3.4.8

Code:
<? /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | | FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE | | AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php | | | | THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE | | THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION THAT RUSLAN R. | | FAZLIEV (hereinafter referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING OR MAKING | | AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE"). | | PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT | | CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, | | COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AND YOUR COMPANY | | (COLLECTIVELY, "YOU") ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS | | LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THIS | | AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. VARIOUS COPYRIGHTS AND | | OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECT THE SOFTWARE. THIS | | AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES YOU LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE | | THE SOFTWARE AND NOT AN AGREEMENT FOR SALE OR FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE.| | THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2003 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: category_modify.php,v 1.47.2.5 2003/09/04 13:30:06 mclap Exp $ # require "../smarty.php"; require "../config.php"; require "./auth.php"; require "../include/security.php"; x_session_register("file_upload_data"); # # Update category or create new # # # Check for errors # if ($REQUEST_METHOD == "POST" && $mode == "add" && (substr_count($category_name,"/") || empty($category_name))) { # # Error: Category name contains symbol "/" # $smarty->assign("category_error", "1"); } elseif ($REQUEST_METHOD == "POST") { # # International descriptions # if ($mode == "update_lng") { if ($category_lng_code) { foreach ($category_lng_code as $value) { db_query ("UPDATE $sql_tbl[categories_lng] SET description='".$category_lng_description[$value]."', category='".$category_lng_category[$value]."' WHERE code='$value' AND categoryid='$cat'"); } } if ($category_new_description || $category_new_category) { db_query ("INSERT INTO $sql_tbl[categories_lng] (code, categoryid, category, description) VALUES ('$category_new_language','$cat','".$category_new_category."','".$category_new_description."')"); } func_header_location("category_modify.php?cat=$cat&lng_updated"); } # # Images processing # $image_posted = func_check_image_posted($file_upload_data, "C"); $store_in = ($config["Images"]["icons_location"] == "FS"?"FS":"DB"); $redirect_to_modify = true; if ($mode == "add" && !substr_count($category_name,"/")) { # # Get id, name and icon of parent category # if( !empty($cat) ) { $category_data = func_query_first("select $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid, $sql_tbl[categories].category, $sql_tbl[icons].image, $sql_tbl[icons].image_path, $sql_tbl[categories].image_x, $sql_tbl[categories].image_y, $sql_tbl[categories].order_by, $sql_tbl[categories].membership, $sql_tbl[icons].image_type from $sql_tbl[categories], $sql_tbl[icons] where $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid='$cat' and $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid=$sql_tbl[icons].categoryid"); if ($category_data) { $category_name = $category_data["category"]."/".$category_name; if (!$image_posted) { if ($store_in == "FS") $image_data["image"] = $category_data["image_path"]; else $image_data["image"] = addslashes($category_data["image"]); $image_data["image_x"] = $category_data["image_x"]; $image_data["image_y"] = $category_data["image_y"]; $image_data["image_type"] = $category_data["image_type"]; } } } # # Create new category # $catcnt = array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE category='$category_name'")); if ($catcnt > 0) { $smarty->assign("category_error", "2"); $redirect_to_modify = false; } else { db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[categories] (category, description, page_title, meta_description, meta_tags, avail, order_by, membership) values ('$category_name', '$description','$page_title', '$meta_description', '$meta_tags', '$avail','$order_by','$cat_membership')"); // db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[categories] (category, description, meta_tags, avail, order_by, membership) values ('$category_name', '$description', '$meta_tags', '$avail','$order_by','$cat_membership')"); $cat = db_insert_id(); if ($image_posted) $image_data = func_get_image_content($file_upload_data, $cat); db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[categories] SET membership='$cat_membership' WHERE category LIKE '$category_name/%'"); db_query("update $sql_tbl[categories] set image_x='$image_data[image_x]', image_y='$image_data[image_y]' where categoryid='$cat'"); if ($store_in == "FS") db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[icons] (categoryid, image_path, image_type) values ('$cat', '$image_data[image]', '$image_data[image_type]')"); else db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[icons] (categoryid, image, image_type) values ('$cat', '$image_data[image]', '$image_data[image_type]')"); } } else { # # Update existing category name # and all subcategories names # $categories_chain = explode("/",$category_name); $category_path = ""; # # Move category feature # foreach($categories_chain as $category_section) { $category_path .= $category_section; if ($category_path != $category_name && !func_query_first("select * from $sql_tbl[categories] where category='$category_path'")){ db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[categories] (category, description, page_title, meta_description, meta_tags, avail, order_by, membership) values ('$category_path', '$description','$page_title', '$meta_description', '$meta_tags', '$avail','','$cat_membership')"); // db_query("insert into $sql_tbl[categories] (category, description, meta_tags, avail, order_by, membership) values ('$category_path', '$description', '$meta_tags', '$avail','','$cat_membership')"); db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[categories] SET membership='$cat_membership' WHERE category LIKE '$category_path/%'"); }; $category_path .= "/"; } $old_category_name = array_pop(func_query_first("select category from $sql_tbl[categories] where categoryid='$cat'")); db_query("update $sql_tbl[categories] set category='$category_name', description='$description',page_title='$page_title', meta_description='$meta_description', meta_tags='$meta_tags', avail='$avail', order_by='$order_by', membership='$cat_membership' where categoryid='$cat'"); // db_query("update $sql_tbl[categories] set category='$category_name', description='$description', meta_tags='$meta_tags', avail='$avail', order_by='$order_by', membership='$cat_membership' where categoryid='$cat'"); db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[categories] SET membership='$cat_membership' WHERE category LIKE '$category_name/%'"); db_query("update $sql_tbl[categories] set category=replace(category, '".addslashes($old_category_name)."', '$category_name') where category like '".addslashes($old_category_name)."/%'"); } # # Insert category icon # if ($image_posted && !$image_data) { $image_data = func_get_image_content($file_upload_data, $cat); if ($store_in == "FS") db_query("update $sql_tbl[icons] set image_path='$image_data[image]', image_type='$image_data[image_type]' where categoryid='$cat'"); else db_query("update $sql_tbl[icons] set image='$image_data[image]', image_type='$image_data[image_type]' where categoryid='$cat'"); db_query("update $sql_tbl[categories] set image_x='$image_data[image_x]', image_y='$image_data[image_y]' where categoryid='$cat'"); } if( $redirect_to_modify ) func_header_location("category_modify.php?cat=$cat"); } if ($mode == "del_lang") { db_query ("DELETE FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng] WHERE categoryid='$cat' AND code='$code'"); func_header_location("category_modify.php?cat=$cat&lng_deleted"); } if ($REQUEST_METHOD == "GET" && $mode == "delete_icon" && !empty($cat)) { db_query("UPDATE $sql_tbl[icons] SET image='', image_path='', image_type='' WHERE categoryid='$cat'"); func_header_location("category_modify.php?cat=$cat"); } require "../include/categories.php"; require "./location_ajust.php"; # # Prepare multi languages # $category_languages = func_query ("SELECT $sql_tbl[categories_lng].*, $sql_tbl[countries].country, $sql_tbl[countries].language FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng], $sql_tbl[countries] WHERE $sql_tbl[categories_lng].categoryid='$cat' AND $sql_tbl[categories_lng].code=$sql_tbl[countries].code"); $int_languages = func_query ("SELECT DISTINCT($sql_tbl[languages].code), $sql_tbl[countries].country, $sql_tbl[countries].language FROM $sql_tbl[languages], $sql_tbl[countries] WHERE $sql_tbl[languages].code=$sql_tbl[countries].code AND $sql_tbl[languages].code!='$config[default_admin_language]'"); $other_languages = array (); if ($int_languages) { foreach ($int_languages as $key=>$value) { $found = false; if ($category_languages) { foreach ($category_languages as $key1 => $lng) { $category_languages[$key1]["description"] = stripslashes($lng["description"]); $category_languages[$key1]["category"] = stripslashes($lng["category"]); if ($lng["code"] == $value["code"]) $found = true; } } if (!$found) $other_languages[] = $value; } } $smarty->assign("int_languages", $int_languages); $smarty->assign("other_languages", $other_languages); $smarty->assign("category_languages", $category_languages); # # Check if image selected is not expired # if ($file_upload_data["counter"] == 1) { $file_upload_data["counter"]++; $smarty->assign("file_upload_data", $file_upload_data); } else { if ($file_upload_data["source"] == "L") @unlink($file_upload_data["file_path"]); x_session_unregister("file_upload_data"); } $smarty->assign("query_string", urlencode($QUERY_STRING)); $smarty->assign("rand", rand()); $smarty->assign("main","category_modify"); $smarty->assign("location",$location); x_session_save(); @include "../modules/gold_display.php"; $smarty->display("admin/home.tpl"); ?>
Old 10-26-2003, 03:01 PM

Default Re: minor problem using it in 3.4.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven
i used this mod a few months ago with an earlier version (which i don't remember). I upgraded xcart to 3.4.4. Now a line break is placed at the beginning of the description. It adds a new break every time I hit submit. I can't seem to be able to figure out where it is being inserted.

Did anyone else have this problem?

http://designeleven.com/screenshot.gif

I have upgraded to 3.4.8 and have applied the mod from the beginning of the thread. I don't think I have missed a step somewhere but I'm still having the line break issue at the top of the Description block.

Did this get fixed and I missed it somewhere or is it still an issue.

That little line break is annoying ....help! Please.

dlee
Old 10-26-2003, 10:10 PM

X-Man

This must be because there is a return or new line in the category_modify.tpl around the description field.

Take the extra space around the value of that field out and it will stop doing this.

hth
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions