Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart Speed Booster!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-cart Speed Booster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb2world
Thanks, Carie. It may be a feature request only for the kinds of shops that have limited inventory, and they want the pages updated immediately when the items go out of stock. (With the minicart being dynamic, it might not matter too much if the product page itself does not have on-demand inventory updates.)

The mod looks interesting - thanks!

---

We could have optional triggers to refresh a product's page (to capture inventory) when an order goes through. Email us the idea and I'll run it by and see if it's easy to put in.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!

The following user thanks BCSE for this useful post:
gb2world (02-25-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmirage001
We float between 1000 and 2000 unique products where the inventory is always a maximum of 1 and when it's sold it's gone. If the inventory is "hole-punched" will the product pages still be cached or will they have to be dynamic?

Will Jon's xCMS pages be cached or will they be dynamic?

How does this work with X-Cart's Mobile Mod?

We really want this mod and the $375 sale price is not a problem but if all our product pages and xCMS pages are still dynamic I'm not sure we would benefit.

Help Please

It's probably best if you email us this and I can double check. I think you could hole-punch just the inventory part, but I can't say for sure without checking. See my above reply too that we might be able to trigger that specific page refresh upon purchase of a product. Email us if you like this feature and we can add it in.

We hadn't considered caching Jon's xCMS pages but I don't see why we couldn't. Email us that too and we can look to put that in as a feature, if not in this release in the next.

Thanks,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
How this mod differs from the old (still included in XC) html catalog? The html catalog generates static html pages which have to be re-generated on every change. This mod uses cached pages, again static, which have to be re-generated again when there is a change... or to refresh contents, quantity, etc.

With the html catalog the whole site is static html site and when customer gets to cart it turns dynamic.

Does this mod works the same way or only some parts are static? Seems to me it does work the same way or very similar.

Or am I understanding how the mod works wrong?

I'd say it's quite different in that you can have dynamic pieces in the cache. This makes it much more flexible to work with your needs by combining static and dynamic pieces. It's methods in creating these cache pages is totally different from the HTML catalog. You do not use the files directly like you do with the HTML catalog.

It's also different in that you can use things like CDSEO or it's own SEO friendly URL's without using the HTML catalog way which isn't ideal. You can even set the URL's for even more ideal SEO.

It's more like how the big eCommerce websites do things. You could even extend this into load balancing if you wanted to.

It's pretty slick too in that there is just an edit to your .htaccess and an SQL patch. That's it. No X-cart code edits. Some optional features my have code edits (that we are talking about above) but the main program has none.

Does that help?

Carrie

cflsystems (02-24-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ

I'm not sure how your reply relates to Steve's. We have the keywords in there because it's standard to have them available to edit in X-cart. We would have gotten more questions to not have them in there than to have them. Many are not aware that keywords aren't used much and are convinced they have to populate them still anyway. Might as well have it all centralized then.

Carrie

Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 AM

X-Guru

One exciting feature I didn't know that will be supported is Multiple Languages! So the multi-language drop down will work and it will cache the different language versions. The same URL will be used for the different languages like the default X-cart does.

Carrie

Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM

X-Guru

Demo's coming soon! Many have taken advantage of the 25% off sale so far!

Carrie

Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM

X-Guru

Sale extended till March 15! We're working on polishing up a few more features and getting the demo's up before the sale ends. So we've extended it until March 15th!

http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/onsale.php?onsaleid=138&MMCF_xfBooster

Carrie

Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 PM

X-Guru

We've had some technical issues with our demo server having some operating system type issues. File accesses would randomly take around 3-5 seconds even directly in ssh.

We've been working on a solution and will have the demo sites ready soon. They are all installed and ready to go, just waiting on the operating system to stop being glitchy so that the demo is useful!

Carrie

Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM

X-Guru

Our demo server issues is your gain! I've extended the sale until Friday March 22, at 11pm EST!

We've found some raid issues with our demo server and hope to have them fixed early next week. As a result, we've extended the pre-sale until next Friday, March 22 at 11pm EST!

I'll update this thread when it's ready to demo!

Carrie

Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM

X-Guru

We have the demo site's hard drives fixed! I will have it up soon (been home all week with a sick kid so I'm a bit behind). We should have the Speed Booster mod ready early next week. We're adding a few more features before the release. Preorder sale is extended until March 29! Get it while it's 25% off!

Carrie

dpcompany (03-22-2013)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4