Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Is anyone using 4.3.2 and what kind of nightmare will it be to upgrade?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-08-2011, 05:59 PM

eXpert

Default Is anyone using 4.3.2 and what kind of nightmare will it be to upgrade?

It seems like everyone I see using xcart is using some other version and the ones I see using 4.3.2 seem to have nothing but problems. I'm beginning to feel like 4.3.2 was a spaghetti code stepping stone to 4.4.

There's been countless times when I ran my code by the gurus and other helpful coders on this site, and they said, "That's it, that should work". And yet, it doesn't.

I have paypal and google checkout set up. How badly is this going to destroy everything I've been cussing at for the last YEAR, if I upgrade to 4.4?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Is anyone using 4.3.2 and what kind of nightmare will it be to upgrade?

You will have to reskin your site again, install all custom modifications and 3rd party mods again with their 4.4.x compatible versions which may result in additional upgrade fees....
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Is anyone using 4.3.2 and what kind of nightmare will it be to upgrade?

Joy...

Thanks Steve.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 AM

eXpert

I hear you. After working on 4.3.2 since last September, and then 4.4 coming out a couple months later... we thought about ditching 4.3.2 but some of the mods we had/have were not compatible, yet. Looking at 4.4, some of the features would be really awesome.. but I have hacked up the templates/code so much that, ugh.. no way. We *just* pushed 4.3.2 to production like a month ago (Thanks again, Steve for all our help!) and it has been a nightmare.

Once I get all the bugs out, there is no *way* I am ever upgrading again... hehheheh!

Altered Cart: One Page Checkout, OnSale, Buy Together, Download Expander, Smart Search, Shop by Filters
Gahela: Gahela Support System
The xCart Store: xBanners, xAccess, xMenus
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design