Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Register Confirmation message clearification

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-24-2005, 08:46 AM

eXpert

Default Register Confirmation message clearification

Ok, I had no idea what to call this mod, but it's really simple. I have no idea if it will break your Xcart so try it and hopefully it works for you.

Basically, after a new user registers or a current user modifies their profile, for some weird reason Xcart shows the form again to the customer. This was confusing my customers as they didn't read the little Dialog message that reads "Your profile has been successfully updated."

So basically, upon successfully creation/modification of the profile I don't want the form showing again, just the nice dialog message.

skin1/customer/home_main.tpl
Change:
Code:
{elseif $main eq "register"} {include file="customer/main/register.tpl"}

To:
Code:
{elseif $main eq "register"} {* Added so that form is not shown after successful completion, it was confusing customers *} {if not ($top_message.content ne "" and $top_message.type eq "")} {include file="customer/main/register.tpl"} {/if}

Now when they update their profile, it gives them a nice message and no form. When there is an error, it will still give them the form with the << arrows to show where the error is.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:26 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks sstillwell,

I just took a phone order yesterday and tried entering the data and go confused myself. Great mod!
Xcart 5.3
Old 05-24-2005, 05:18 PM

Advanced Member

Slick little mod.
Thanks sstillwell

XCart Gold -> v4.0.11
PHP -> v4.3.10
MySQL -> v4.0.22
Apache -> v1.3.33
Smarty -> v2.6.3
Old 05-27-2005, 06:43 AM

Advanced Member

this was what made me crazy when i first started to build my site.
this is a "must" that x-cart has to fix.

thnx great work.

X-CART CSS SKIN
XC SEO
IP Addresses in Users Online for all users
Color coded order status
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 PM

Thanks for that - excellent. What a forum!
VOIP, Networking and Wireless Gear
Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 PM

X-Wizard

nice simple trick and works in 4.0.13.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:10 PM

Default No Confirmation message

I don't get any confirmation message - just a blank page.

Http://www.theperfectletter.com/store
Old 12-27-2005, 09:10 AM

Advanced Member

Same here..I get a blank..

any suggestions?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:02 PM

Advanced Member

Sstillwell;
thanks for share that little mod.
I have a couples of questions; I visited your Site ( nice ! ) and after I registered, showed me the a message ( succesfully .... ) in a box with
[x] to close it. When a hit to close, it took me again to a similar template
( this time "Modified Profile" ). This is much better than X-Cart , but still a little confusing. Is there any way to take customer back to other page ( I don't know maybe last page visited, or Home Page, etc ).
My other question: I see you don't have a "Member" area on your main page; instead you have a "Login" link that take customers to a Login Template. Is that template a new feature on your version ? Because I don't have that Template. If not, and if it is a Mod, could you tell me how you get it ?
I appreciate any help on this matter.
Again thank you for share with others !!
Aldo
Updated to 4.1.9 - retired
Updated to 4.4
Old 12-29-2005, 06:56 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop
Sstillwell;
thanks for share that little mod.
I have a couples of questions; I visited your Site ( nice ! ) and after I registered, showed me the a message ( succesfully .... ) in a box with
[x] to close it. When a hit to close, it took me again to a similar template
( this time "Modified Profile" ). This is much better than X-Cart , but still a little confusing. Is there any way to take customer back to other page ( I don't know maybe last page visited, or Home Page, etc ).
My other question: I see you don't have a "Member" area on your main page; instead you have a "Login" link that take customers to a Login Template. Is that template a new feature on your version ? Because I don't have that Template. If not, and if it is a Mod, could you tell me how you get it ?
I appreciate any help on this matter.
Again thank you for share with others !!
Aldo

Aldo,

Thanks for the questions. If you are talking about the login page, I think that is custom. I basically just made a file called login.php

Code:
<?php /* Custom page added by Shane 2004.11.26 */ require "./auth.php"; # # Assign Smarty variables and show template # $smarty->assign("main","login_form"); $smarty->assign("location", $location); func_display("customer/home.tpl",$smarty); ?>

Then I make a template skin1/customer_auth.tpl
Code:
{* $Id: auth.tpl,v 1.39 2004/06/28 11:38:38 mclap Exp $ *} {capture name=menu} {if $login ne ""} <h2>{$lng.lbl_welcome_back} {$name.firstname} {$name.lastname}</h2> {else} <table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" width="100%"> <tr> <td valign="top"> <h1>{$lng.lbl_returning_customer}</h1> <TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"> {if $config.General.use_https_login eq "Y"} {assign var="form_url" value=$https_location} {else} {assign var="form_url" value=$current_location} {/if} <FORM action="{$form_url}/include/login.php" method="post" name="authform"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="{$XCARTSESSNAME}" value="{$XCARTSESSID}"> {if $config.General.use_secure_login_page eq "Y"} {* use_secure_login_page *} <TR> <TD> {if $usertype eq "C"} {assign var="slogin_url" value=$catalogs_secure.customer} {elseif $usertype eq "P" and $active_modules.Simple_Mode eq "Y" or $usertype eq "A"} {assign var="slogin_url" value=$catalogs_secure.admin} {elseif $usertype eq "P"} {assign var="slogin_url" value=$catalogs_secure.provider} {elseif $usertype eq "B"} {assign var="slogin_url" value=$catalogs_secure.partner} {/if} {include file="buttons/secure_login.tpl"} </TD> </TR> {else} {* use_secure_login_page *} <TR> <td nowrap><FONT>{$lng.lbl_username}</FONT></td> <td><input type="text" name="username" value="{#default_login#}" size="16" class="text" /> </td> </tr> <tr> <td><FONT>{$lng.lbl_password}</FONT></td> <td><input type="password" name="password" value="{#default_password#}" size="16" class="text" /><INPUT type="hidden" name="mode" value="login"></td> {if $active_modules.Simple_Mode ne "" and $usertype ne "C" and $usertype ne "B"} <INPUT type="hidden" name="usertype" value="P"> {else} <INPUT type="hidden" name="usertype" value="{$usertype}"> {/if} {* Removed 2005.01.20 was causing a redirect back to the login page after a successful logon <INPUT type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{$redirect}"> *} </TD></TR> <TR> <td></td> <TD height="24"> {if $js_enabled} {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_log_in href="javascript: document.authform.submit()" style="button"} {else} {include file="buttons/login_menu.tpl"} {/if} </TD> </TR> {/if} {* use_secure_login_page *} {if $usertype eq "P" and $active_modules.Simple_Mode eq "Y" or $usertype eq "A"} <TR> <TD class="VertMenuItems"> <DIV align="left">{$lng.lbl_insecure_login} </DIV> </TD> </TR> {/if} {if $login eq ""} <TR> <td></td> <TD height="24"> {$lng.lbl_recover_password} </TD> </TR> {/if} </FORM> </TABLE> </td> <td width="20"></td> <td valign="top" style="background-color: #eceded;"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"> <tr> <td><h1>{$lng.lbl_new} {$lng.lbl_customer}?</h1></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> {include file="buttons/create_profile_menu.tpl" style="button" href="register.php"}</td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> <dl> <dt><span class="warning">Usernames from the old site will not work on the new site.</span></dt> <dd>Old Site dates of operation. Feb 1999 - March 2005</dd> <dd>New Site dates of operation. March 2005 - Now</dd> </dl> {/if} {/capture} { include file="dialog.tpl" content=$smarty.capture.menu }

Then you just have to edit skin1/customer/home_main.tpl

Add this line after all the "elseif" statements
Code:
{* Added by shane 2004.11.26 *} {elseif $main eq "login_form"} {include file="customer_auth.tpl"}

Simple as that, now you have a login page instead of a login box.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions