Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-LOCATOR v1.0 - Dealer Locator Module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 PM

X-Adept

Default X-LOCATOR v1.0 - Dealer Locator Module

X-LOCATOR v1.0 - Dealer Locator Module

I would like to introduce our X-LOCATOR Module. If your X-cart business has distributors and/or dealers this is an excellent add-on module that helps customers find the nearest location. Dealer searches can be searched in basic or advanced mode by Company, City, State, Zipcode and even Area Codes. Their is really just too many features to explain about X-LOCATOR which is completely template driven and fully customizable. Pictures are worth a thousand words so I've attached a few. Just an FYI, if by chance you are interesed in deploying X-LOCATOR for your business please contact us about pricing as we have several options available. Also we understand that close to 90%+ folks using X-cart would not need to utilize X-LOCATOR as it really is only useful for those businesses that have a network of dealers and because X-LOCATOR has been an exceptional module for our company over the last year since its deployment we thought it to be beneficial for other businesses to use. Let us know what you think. Comments are welcome, PM for additional info, Thanks - Snorocket

X-LOCATOR - Customer Interface
http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/dev/images/xlocator.gif
Customer Search Results, with Hyperlinked Profile Information (see below)
http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/dev/images/results.gif
Dealer Profile information with Mapquest or Yahoo maps directions, a very handy feature, just click and print and the customer has a map with directions.
http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/dev/images/dealerprofile.gif
X-LOCATOR - Administration Statistics, fully searchable by Company, City, State, Zipcode, Country, Area Code, IP Address, Login and Misc data.
http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/dev/images/adminsearchstatsbycompany.gif
Search by Zipcode with an integrated Zipcode database Lookup, view statistics such as State, City and Area Code.
http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/dev/images/adminsearchstatsbyzipcode.gif

If images are not enough give X-LOCATOR a test drive and let us know what you think:
http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/dev/xlocator.php

FYI - this is a bogus test site with only a few bogus dealers, to help you test drive use the search terms below:
22152 (zip)
Virginia
California
Arizona (to see no dealer message)
703 (area code)
TestCompany (company name)
Springfield (test city)
Old 05-23-2005, 08:01 PM

Advanced Member

Default Great Mod!

This sounds like a great mod. I do have a few questions:

Can you force users to only buy from one depending on their location?

Example:
We have resellers for certain parts of the world, but in other parts we just sell the product as is.

Will this allow us to prompt the user for thier location, show them custom prices based on their location, and also show them the resellers in the area?

Basically if a customer from india wants to buy our product and we have resellers in india, we want it to only display the resellers information. If we do not have resellers in india, we will display our price and they can order directly from us.

With this suit our needs?

cphillips

Malvern, Pennsylvania
USA
Old 05-23-2005, 08:57 PM

X-Adept

Default Sure Can

Hi cphillips, X-LOCATOR will be able take care of all your questions, to make sure it will be capable of handling the tasks you require we can set-up some bogus companies for you in India ect...to show you the capabilities. Now if I understand your questions correctly X-LOCATOR won't be able to display prices as its only a locator module but to answer your question if you do not have a reseller in India and a customer searches for a reseller in India X-LOCATOR will return a message similar to:

There are no Resellers in your area. Please call "cphillips" direct at 1-800-123-4567 or order online here (insert link to your cart ect...)

If you have any other questions just let me know, Thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 04:35 AM

Advanced Member

Default Is it ready for production

Is this mod fully ready for production? We are going live with our site in a few days. Is it easy to install and implement? It sounds like it from how you described it, but I am no X-cart expert.

Thanks for the quick reply!

cphillips

Malvern, Pennsylvania
USA
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 AM

X-Adept

Default sure is

It sure is, its been running on our site for close to a year, its simple to install but if your not familiar with modifying .tpl's then you may find it difficult. It only took me 5 minutes to install BUT of course i've become very familiar on installation so I would say maybe it would take you 30 minutes. I don't mind doing the install for free. As I've mentioned to other interesed parties already if you would like to take advantage of the zipcode lookup you'll need to have a zipcode database, if you don't have one we'll get one for you. Just PM details if your interesed, Thanks for your interest
Old 05-24-2005, 08:26 AM

Advanced Member

Ok,

We wouldnt need the zip code look up now. We just need it to work internationally. (based on country)

cphillips

Malvern, Pennsylvania
USA
Old 11-11-2005, 10:49 AM

How's this mod been developing? It's a great idea, really.

I mean, I only have 1 store I work with right now, but with a mod like this, I'd want to work with more.

Would rather have more brick & mortar dealers, instead of internet ones (who then compete with you on Adwords! )
BCSE: Referral Pts-Surveys-BatchUp-OrderEZ- Reviews-RSS
FT: Glossary-OptCopt-AdvSrch-Recently Viewed-Also Bought
CM: eZConversion
XP: SalesRecovery, MultCrncy
Old 11-11-2005, 02:46 PM

X-Adept

Default v2.0 coming soon

As far as development X-Locator v2.0 is coming out soon to work with X-Cart 4.1 and will have more features, all existing customers will get the upgrade free of course and we'll be reducing the price. X-Locator can easily work with and locate online dealers also. If you have specific questions just let me know, Thank You
Old 11-11-2005, 04:40 PM

Maybe you could integrate with Google Maps or that crazy MSN world applet and jack up the price. This mod probably won't apply to too many users (I think there's vastly more dealers than manufacturers here), so I honestly don't know if you'd want to lower it much.

It's very niche, so I hope you charge whatever is necessary to keep you interested in development.

As a (very) small scale manufacturer myself, what it does is inspire me to FIND offline dealers... because I can point to the dealer locator and say "Hey, look at this... You even get online support". It's a form of "manufacturer's advertising" you can use to sign up offline dealers, is one thing it is.
BCSE: Referral Pts-Surveys-BatchUp-OrderEZ- Reviews-RSS
FT: Glossary-OptCopt-AdvSrch-Recently Viewed-Also Bought
CM: eZConversion
XP: SalesRecovery, MultCrncy
Old 11-11-2005, 06:46 PM

X-Adept

Default already included

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa
Maybe you could integrate with Google Maps or that crazy MSN world applet

Hey Jasmin, the Yahoo, MapQuest, MSN Mappoint and Google Maps are already integrated in X-Locator, you just have to check which one you want to use
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions