Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

eBay integration for X-Cart 5 RELEASED!

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Maxim Korchagin

X-Cart team

Default Re: eBay integration for X-Cart 5 RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyVape
Error:AddFixedPriceItem - A return policy must be specified. (EBay error code: 21916250)
Error:AddFixedPriceItem - Because you've specified Local Pickup Only for this item, you can't require immediate payment. (EBay error code: 21919177)
Error:AddFixedPriceItem - At least one valid shipping service must be specified. (EBay error code: 21915469)
Warning:AddFixedPriceItem - Required field, UPC, is missing. Please add UPC to the listing and retry the operation. (EBay error code: 21919401)
Error:The operation can not be performed

New policies at ebay put this plugin into a spinout.

I am a powerseller on Ebay so I am familiar with just what a pain the ass this company is.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/highdesertartesia

I have set the policy urls in the plugin.
I added the plugin for UPC and MPN and updated the product with the proper UPC code

I should also note that you used a sample "how-to" that you scrapped from someone else and the entire developer website has changed names and locations on how to build tokens. Though this is not my problem with the plugin. These items need to be added to the xml in proper format.

I also didn't specify Local pickup anywhere with Ebay Fast shipping has an advantage so if we specify USPS padded flat rate envelopes we get better ranks inside ebay search.

Will be happy to test whatever beta fix you have for this. Should be advantageous to you to have a powerseller work out the bugs to help others become powersellers.

Hi!

Judging by the errors you report, we can suggest that the Business Policies are not configured on the side of module. To be able to tell for sure, I need to check your particular store, and if you're interested in it, please submit a request in a HelpDesk (https://secure.x-cart.com/). The processing of this very ticket will be free, we just need to make sure it's assigned to me, so please begin it with words "attn: Maxim Korchagin ( free investigation)"

I can also try to give you a solution here, providing my assumption about the origin of the problem is correct:
- Make sure that on the side of your eBay account, all the Business Policies are configured, see more details in this guide: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

- Update the module up to the latest version 5.2.4. Starting from this very version, there was implemented a wizard, which helps you to setup the module correctly in a very user-friendly form. In particular, the Business policies are selected on step 2 of the module configuration process.

--
Sincerely yours,
Maxim Korchagin,
X-Cart Developer

Last edited by admin : 07-07-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 PM

X-Adept

How is this module progressing with v5?

I also believe it was going to be released for V4 so is there any news on this and a release date?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2015, 10:43 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
I also believe it was going to be released for V4 so is there any news on this and a release date?

Hi=)
Released for v.4, for 4.7.3 so far, but we will work on connectors for earlier versions too. For XC 4 eBay integration discussion, see thread below:
https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=390140#post390140

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
BBM_ (09-08-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 02:10 PM

Advanced Member

Sorry to revive this old thread, but it made more sense than to create a new one.

I am interested in whether this integration is capable of ending a listing when the product sells on the x-cart site?

I just uploaded a test product (stock = One) to ebay and bought it on X-Cart. Though the transaction is complete and the product is out of stock, it still appears in ebay.

Any workaround?
Old 11-13-2015, 12:08 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Ben!

It's not quite clear if you really mean "ending listing" or just "updating the inventory", so let me please try to explain how it's supposed to work for both :

-Once the product ( listed on eBay) is purchased in X-Cart and quantity in stock in X-Cart database is decreased, an inventory update call is sent to eBay, so the quantity decreases there too. If the product got out of stock in X-Cart, on eBay side it becomes out of stock too, but listing is not ended. In other words, the product on eBay remains listed, but can not be purchased.

If you sell unique goods, and really need to "end listing" every time the product is sold out, it requires a custom modification of the module.

If you sell batch-produced goods, and need to continue selling them on eBay once they're back in stock, you do not need to "end listing" each time: instead, you just update inventory in X-Cart side, and either manually ( by pressing "export inventories to eBay as shown here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/addons/screenshots/eBay%20%20-%20products%20management.png) or automatically by cron.

In case you mean not "ending listing", but "not setting the quantity in stock to 0 on eBay side for some reason", it looks like a bug and requires the further check on your server.

If you need a custom quote for automatic ending listing, or if you faced a bug in this module, please submit a ticket in your HelpDesk account and mark it as "Attn Maxim Korchangin" to get it assigned directly to the module author and developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndTracks
Sorry to revive this old thread, but it made more sense than to create a new one.

I am interested in whether this integration is capable of ending a listing when the product sells on the x-cart site?

I just uploaded a test product (stock = One) to ebay and bought it on X-Cart. Though the transaction is complete and the product is out of stock, it still appears in ebay.

Any workaround?

The following 2 users thank Ksenia for this useful post:
2ndTracks (11-13-2015), kevfromwiganinlancashire (01-23-2016)
Old 11-13-2015, 09:11 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
Hi Ben!

It's not quite clear if you really mean "ending listing" or just "updating the inventory", so let me please try to explain how it's supposed to work for both :

-Once the product ( listed on eBay) is purchased in X-Cart and quantity in stock in X-Cart database is decreased, an inventory update call is sent to eBay, so the quantity decreases there too. If the product got out of stock in X-Cart, on eBay side it becomes out of stock too, but listing is not ended. In other words, the product on eBay remains listed, but can not be purchased.

If you sell unique goods, and really need to "end listing" every time the product is sold out, it requires a custom modification of the module.

If you sell batch-produced goods, and need to continue selling them on eBay once they're back in stock, you do not need to "end listing" each time: instead, you just update inventory in X-Cart side, and either manually ( by pressing "export inventories to eBay as shown here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/addons/screenshots/eBay%20%20-%20products%20management.png) or automatically by cron.

In case you mean not "ending listing", but "not setting the quantity in stock to 0 on eBay side for some reason", it looks like a bug and requires the further check on your server.

If you need a custom quote for automatic ending listing, or if you faced a bug in this module, please submit a ticket in your HelpDesk account and mark it as "Attn Maxim Korchangin" to get it assigned directly to the module author and developer.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Ksenia!

I didn't know about the "Export Inventories to eBay" function, so that was definitely part of my problem. I selected the out of stock item and exported the inventory, however, the stock is not changed on eBay (there was only one in stock to begin with)

I will create a help ticket to troubleshoot this bug, and I am also interested in a quote to actually end the item.

Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:34 PM

Advanced Member

What do you do if the option to edit your business policies doesn't show up in your ebay account?
xbanners
predictive search
xmenus
Old 01-22-2016, 02:17 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie
What do you do if the option to edit your business policies doesn't show up in your ebay account?

You can activate the Business policies section yourself http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage?&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK .
If you face any difficulties we recommend you to contact eBay customer support.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:52 AM

Advanced Member

Hi,

Suggestion : I am looking at this module for X-Cart 5. I see that there is an option to add an extra amount to each listing, which is great for additional flexibility and control (factor in selling fees/overheads), but I think for those of us who are also using a VAT/Tax module on our sites (I am using UK VAT), that an additional tick box for adding VAT/Tax to the items might be a useful option that can be applied at the module settings level. Then whatever VAT/Tax value is assigned against the product is also applied to the total that is passed over to eBay.

Another idea would be to add a character count to the product title field, since the title is recommended to be between 60 and 80 characters for the eBay listings (if it is over 80 characters it gets truncated).

Regards, Philip
Old 01-31-2016, 07:12 AM

Advanced Member

Do you have to be a power seller to be able to define your business practices?

I don't have the option from my ebay account.
xbanners
predictive search
xmenus
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements