Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XC5 Homepage layout

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 05-07-2014, 04:58 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: XC5 Homepage layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
On the product page, related products will display in 5-columns as there is no left-nav.

How can I acheive the same thing in this case on the homepage where I have the left-nav disabled.

In this case, you need to adjust the module that disables the left-nav and implement 5-products-in-a-row design for product table. Registered this improvement in our TO-DO list.

If you want, I can help you with designing this simple mod.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 AM

X-Adept

I would like this also please if you can help.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartaleck
I'm using CSS to remove my side categories, and installed the module to have a look as well. I'll need to try some of the suggested changes so that it applies to the entire site instead of just the front page, but I'm wondering how to change the number of grid columns/products per row? I know Tony said that this can be changed in his module, but the code to do this is eluding me at the moment since this is my first attempt at some X-Cart 5 mods after switching over from Interspire Shopping Cart.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

OK, since there are two of you, I believe, I need to show some code examples % ) Let's clarify a bit, shall I give an example of the mod that simply displays 5 products in a row on home page instead of 3?

If so, I will schedule some time for this task and will publish the mod, once it is ready.

The following user thanks tony_sologubov for this useful post:
smartaleck (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 05:46 PM

Question Re: XC5 Homepage layout

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response on this one! I'm looking to do 4 items / columns but it should be easy enough to adapt it if you do 5, etc. I looked at your current module and it's quite simple! Almost too simple because I'm wondering how everything works with so little code. It appears that there is a function for turning on / off the categories or something? Then it looks like you are checking if the page is the main/home page and telling the value to be 'false.'

I started with my own basic layout mod by following some instructions I found in the X-Cart 5 guide and am making some sense of the way things work. Are there anymore tutorials and/or guides that I should be referencing if I want to create some mods? I'll probably make a new thread to explain what I want to do and get some opinions from other users who may also be interested.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:42 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartaleck
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response on this one! I'm looking to do 4 items / columns but it should be easy enough to adapt it if you do 5, etc. I looked at your current module and it's quite simple! Almost too simple because I'm wondering how everything works with so little code. It appears that there is a function for turning on / off the categories or something? Then it looks like you are checking if the page is the main/home page and telling the value to be 'false.'

I started with my own basic layout mod by following some instructions I found in the X-Cart 5 guide and am making some sense of the way things work. Are there anymore tutorials and/or guides that I should be referencing if I want to create some mods? I'll probably make a new thread to explain what I want to do and get some opinions from other users who may also be interested.

Thanks!

Yes, X-Cart 5 code is quite terse and little pieces of code can force quite big changes.

http://kb.x-cart.com is the only source of docs we have. However, now I have a big goal to improve dev docs for X-Cart 5 and I am focusing on it right now, so the docs will be expanding in the near future. You can post suggestions about what you would like to see there, so I could better adjust my plans.

Also, I will be giving updates on forums about work I have done.

Anyway, I scheduled the mod about how to change number of products on home page and I will update this thread once I am done with it.

Tony.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 AM

X-Adept

is this compatible with 5.1x?

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 05-26-2014, 04:05 AM

X-Cart team

Since 5.1 is a new branch, all 3rd party modules must be updated in order to be working.

The update process is quite simple though. You should change the Main.php script of your module and make sure that the getMajorVersion() method returns 5.1 instead of 5.0. After that your module will start working with 5.1.x core.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM

Hi Tony

I too need to change the number of products in categories page to 5. It would be very helpful, if you could complete it.

Thanks
Vimala
Old 07-01-2014, 03:30 AM

X-Cart team

Guys! I am going to do this task in 2-3 weeks and then I will post it here.

Tony.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_sologubov
Guys! I am going to do this task in 2-3 weeks and then I will post it here.Tony.
Tony, please publish new version of the module for the 5.1 core

very very wait, спасибо заранее!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)