Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Online security webinar Nov 27 at 9am PST/12pm EST

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 PM

X-Man

Default Re: Online security webinar Nov 27 at 9am PST/12pm EST

Good to hear that it was a success Steve. I wasn't available to attend (still getting back on my feet after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend). I'd love to hear how many people attended, and if the busiest shopping weekend of the year played any factor in people showing up to the webinar. I know it did for me!
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 AM

X-Cart team

Here is the recording of the webinar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQBXmEqBvYk

This webinar collected more people that our previous one about PCI compliance despite of Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

We had to extend the webinar for another 15 minutes to address questions and some of the questions were left without answer due to time constraints.
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 11-28-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 AM

X-Adept

I listened to the webinar on my iPad on 3G in a car park near Didsbury, there was a good signal but got cut off twice and sometime sound quality became poor.

Other than that I enjoyed the event and took a few notes for issues. When I get time/soon I might had I will be going through them 1 by 1.

Can we get a replay of it anywhere?

Wigan (kevin Morley)
2.4.6-31.el7.centos

4.6.x stalled for now

5.2.6 developing
Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 AM

X-Adept

doh, just seen the link Alex

Wigan
2.4.6-31.el7.centos

4.6.x stalled for now

5.2.6 developing
Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 AM

X-Cart team

Kevin,

> Can we get a replay of it anywhere?

I published it above. Check my older messages here. I'll put the link into the 1st thread message, too.
X-Payments product manager

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
kevfromwiganinlancashire (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonwebhosting
Good to hear that it was a success Steve. I wasn't available to attend (still getting back on my feet after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend). I'd love to hear how many people attended, and if the busiest shopping weekend of the year played any factor in people showing up to the webinar. I know it did for me!

I am still recovering from the weekend. We had record transactions in spite of failures of our shopping cart. I would have been at the webinar had I not been up to my ears. Any other day would have been better -- for MERCHANTS the week before and after black friday is sacred time -- if the intended audience is ecom professionals, the timing kinda sucked, yes?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
One thing he mentined - avoid using IE7/8 (not to mention 6) - I am all for that but you have to consider many corporate networks still using IE6 ?! yes, and many will be on IE 7/8 for years to come...

In some cases Google Chrome Frame is a good workaround for this problem:

http://www.google.com/chromeframe?hl=en&user=true
http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/chrome-frame-getting-started/chrome-frame-faq#TOC-Do-I-need-to-...-Chrome-Frame-
http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/chrome-frame-getting-started/chrome-frame-faq#TOC-Will-Google-C...r-less-secure-

ex-Head of X-Cart Tech Support Department
ex- X-Cart Hosting Manager - X-Cart hosting
ex-X-Cart Technical Support Engineer

Note: For the official guaranteed tech support services please turn to the Customers HelpDesk.

The following 2 users thank Ene for this useful post:
ambal (11-29-2012), totaltec (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM

X-Guru

I enjoyed the webinar. No problems with the audio, I suggest that the presenter could have had a better microphone. He also could have tailored his presentation more towards X-cart simply by substituting his WordPress examples with XC. Overall though I think he did a good job covering the bases.

Just a little too much selling his services and not enough focus on XC. I think you could connect better with your audience if you presented the webinar yourself. Perhaps it could be scripted and pre-recorded using screen capture. You could hire a native english speaker to record the body of the presentation that has been scripted by your team and possibly adjusted slightly by the speaker.

After the scripted, pre-recorded section (maybe about 30-45 minutes) you go into a question and answer session. To get instant feedback from the audience and not depend upon email I highly recommend a question and answer system that allows us to enter questions directly into the chat box. These questions can then be moderated by your team, and posted on the audience screen only when the question is being answered. This helps the listeners to remember the question while they are listening to the answer.

One system that I am familiar with that features such a setup is adobe connect.

Anyway these are just some ideas on how I think it could be improved. I think it was very successful, it looked like you had great attendance.
I'd never read the developers section before, seems like a great idea for those that are truly stuck and can't upgrade. New trick has been added to toolset. Thanks.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following 2 users thank totaltec for this useful post:
kevfromwiganinlancashire (11-29-2012), xim (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Veteran

Yes this can help me but I was talking about corporate network where user is stuck with whatever the network/system admin allows and in most cases a good admin will not allow end users to install anything on the system by themself including browser addons or standalone program....
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 PM

X-Man

Thanks for posting the link to the webinar. I'll be sure to hit play here over the weekend and have a run through what was going on.

Webinars are always tough - usually the first 15-20 minutes are the presenters sales pitch, and then they squeeze in the information after that. Too often do I attend webinars that are a sales pitch rather than an education. I get that the person presenting needs to get something out of it, but as suggested by Mike, since it's your product, maybe you guys could run the show and just bring in the experts on the sections needed.

I haven't gone through the video yet, but I'm sure I'll post a followup here on this thread. It's nice to see some activity in the webinar field for X-Cart - it's something that hasn't really made a presence over the years.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements