Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Changing the logo on Ideal Responsive again?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 08-08-2017, 12:43 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Changing the logo on Ideal Responsive again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider
Now it is even less clear how to create responsive logo for ideal responsive skin.
Quote:
2. Both ways... but where is the instruction how to do it for the IDEAL RESPONSIVE skin?

Just follow the instructions at http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Replacing_X-Cart%27s_Logo_in_the_Ideal_Responsive_Skin

These instructions are for Ideal Responsive.

Quote:
1A. How does one "create a new css class"? Where to add those lines?

Did you read the instructions? It explains how you add a new class by adding lines to skin/ideal_responsive/css/altskin.css file.

Quote:
Also, what happened to my other questions? Add <u> ort not?

Where do you see this in the updated instructions for Ideal Responsive theme?

As for the "Powered by" text: as per instructions in the other forum thread where you asked about this you should either comment out the inclusion of prnotice.tpl template, or replace it with your phrase.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
neonrider (08-16-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 11:24 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
Just follow the instructions at http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Replacing_X-Cart%27s_Logo_in_the_Ideal_Responsive_Skin

These instructions are for Ideal Responsive.

Did you read the instructions? It explains how you add a new class by adding lines to skin/ideal_responsive/css/altskin.css file.

Where do you see this in the updated instructions for Ideal Responsive theme?

As for the "Powered by" text: as per instructions in the other forum thread where you asked about this you should either comment out the inclusion of prnotice.tpl template, or replace it with your phrase.

Did I read what instructions? This one?

"In the file skin/ideal_responsive/css/altskin.css, create a new css class for the main logo - for instance, 'logo_custom' - by adding the following lines:"

Where in the altskin.css exactly do you add those lines?

Did you notice the earlier post of Ilham and did you look up your interface for History and did you notice that the instruction went from 9000 to 2000 in size after he updated it? Why was it reduced by 7000?

I spent hours creating logo sizes and named them as per your 9000-sized instructions with "sprites" just to learn that your instructions were wrong? And then from 9000 the instructions were reduced more than 400% to 2000? So what do I do with all the "sprites" that I spent half a day creating?

Here's history of your instructions, made in wiki format:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Replacing_X-Cart%27s_Logo_in_the_Ideal_Responsive_Skin&diff=15 127&oldid=15126

So one has to created just one size of the logo and that is called Responsive? Really? I tested it and the logo looks too large in small mobiles. Can't be responsive that way?

So if I need to EDIT it and replace it with my phrase all I do is just EDIT and replace it?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:39 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Where in the altskin.css exactly do you add those lines?

Well, let it be the bottom of the file.

Quote:
Did you notice the earlier post of Ilham and did you look up your interface for History and did you notice that the instruction went from 9000 to 2000 in size after he updated it? Why was it reduced by 7000?

Because in newer X-Cart versions things get easier.

Quote:
So one has to created just one size of the logo and that is called Responsive? Really?

"Responsive" means that browser will resize portions of the page and/or change the page layout to fit elements better on smaller devices.

You don't have to create different sizes of your logo just to make the browser resize it depending on the screen size.

Quote:
I tested it and the logo looks too large in small mobiles. Can't be responsive that way.

Does it cause scrollbars to appear in the window? Does the logo go beyond the screen?

Quote:
How do you "Comment it out"? How do you do that exactly? Instructions, please. How do you "replace it with your phrase"? Instructions, please.

X-Cart 4 uses Smarty template engine.

You can find some general information on editing template files here:
https://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Editing_Skin_Files

But for a better understanding of "how to comment portions of Smarty templates" or "how to replace part of HTML code in a template file" you should read through the HTML & CSS specification (because you edit the HTML and CSS source code) and Smarty documentation (because the HTML source code is split into Smarty template files).

Including all this information into every article on customizing X-Cart 4 just doesn't make sense.

---

X-Cart Extensions

neonrider (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 07:09 PM

X-Adept

"Does it cause scrollbars to appear in the window? Does the logo go beyond the screen?"

Yes, it does, both of those
Old 08-16-2017, 12:51 AM

X-Guru

What is the site URL? What code did you add to altskin.css per the instructions?

---

X-Cart Extensions

neonrider (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 06:12 AM

X-Adept

The URL: (please see my PM)

You were asking whether it creates the scroll bar for smaller cellphones and whether the logo goes beyond the screen width. Yes it does, unfortunately.

I tested it with variety of "is it responsive" and "is it mobile-friendly" free services.

I am not saying it is really bad, but then again, I have no knowledge of coding or responsiveness and how end user will react to one sized logo without "sprites".

Regarding the instructions the part # 3 is confusing a little bit:

3. In the file skin/ideal_responsive/css/altskin.css, create a new css class for the main logo - for instance, 'logo_custom' - by adding the following lines:

#header .line1 .logo_custom a img {
width: 297px;
height: 42px;
}

Where exactly in the bottom do I add this code to in that altskin.css file? Does the exact location matter?

Also, can I edit the altskin.css with CodeLobster or is it better to use Notepad? CodeLobster lists the code in an orderly fashion, but Notepad lists all in one "cloud" where is hard to tell where is what. Is it OK to post these lines at the very bottom past all the code? Please advise.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:26 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
You were asking whether it creates the scroll bar for smaller cellphones and whether the logo goes beyond the screen width. Yes it does, unfortunately.

It will until you add the CSS code resizing the logo to fit the place.

Quote:
Where exactly in the bottom do I add this code to in that altskin.css file? Does the exact location matter?

The location matters because:
1. The order of rules in the file determines the order in which styles apply on elements on the page.
2. You should not put your code inside existing curly brackets ("{" and "}") as this breaks the syntax and makes these styles not working.

But if you put your code at the very bottom past all the code the above points will not be an issue.

Quote:
Also, can I edit the altskin.css with CodeLobster or is it better to use Notepad? CodeLobster lists the code in an orderly fashion, but Notepad lists all in one "cloud" where is hard to tell where is what.

CSS files are simple text files so you can edit them in any text editor without formatting (i.e. Word and OpenOfficewon't work).
Notepad++, CodeLobster, NetBeans, PHP Storm, Sublime Text, ... - all these will work.

---

X-Cart Extensions
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design