Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

remove login capabilities

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 PM

Default remove login capabilities

i was wondering if anyone knows how to completely remove every instance of the login form within the cart. i dont necessarily want to completely remove it since eventually i will need it but for now my company doesnt want to enable it... basically every user will just shop anonymously instead.

so first i need to remove the Shopping Cart Login box from the column on the left.

then on the 'personal details' page of the Fast Lane Checkout i need to hide the "Returning customer" and the "New cusomter" box and just display the "Profile details" portion of the page (which is normally hidden untill the user clicks "Click here to continue".

on that Profile Details section, towards the bottom, there is an area where the user can create a new username and password, obviously this needs to be hidden as well so that they dont try to create one...

is there an easy way to do this, or has anyone tried this before? im a PHP developer so i know i can just to in and edit the templates but im looking to see if theres a known solution or a better way than wrapping each section with a permanantly false smarty if statment like {if 1 eq 2} or something.
- X-SpecialOffers
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: remove login capabilities

You can add your own module in xcart_modules table. And check if this module is enabled in templates instead of wrapping the code with just false if statement or {* *}
What concerns templates you need look thru skin1/customer/home.tpl and skin1/modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout/home_main.tpl

X-Cart Skins Store
- twenty two different skins for 4.1.x and 4.2.x;
- 4.3.x compatible versions are available;
- refresh you store now!

Smart menu X-Cart add-on for 4.1.8 - 4.3.x
Featured Products Slide Show X-Cart add-on for 4.1.8 - 4.3.x
Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 AM

ok. i made the changes i needed to. however, now whenever the 'customer' is on the page trying to select their shipping method... if they click on the 'modify' button under their address... it takes them to the screen to update their address but they cannot submit the change... instead it returns an error:
Access denied !

You are not allowed to access that resource!

Error ID: 36
- X-SpecialOffers
Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 PM

X-Adept

I will follow this thread as well - I have always wanted to do this...

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 PM

X-Adept

You may have "Disable anonymous checkout" option in your general settings enabled
Also you possibly need just hide login information, not to remove it completely
Try to do somethin like this in your skin1/main/register_account.tpl
Code:
{* Anonymous account *} <tr {if $active_modules.My_module ne ""}style="display: none;"{/if}> <td align="right">{$lng.lbl_username}</td> <td>&nbsp;</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> <input type="text" id="uname" name="uname" size="32" maxlength="32" value="{if $userinfo.uname}{$userinfo.uname}{else}{$userinfo.login}{/if}" /> {if ($reg_error ne "" && $reg_error ne 'A' && $reg_error ne 'F' && $reg_error ne 'I' && $userinfo.uname eq "" && $userinfo.login eq "") || $reg_error eq "U"}<font class="Star">&lt;&lt;</font>{/if} </td> </tr> <tr {if $active_modules.My_module ne ""}style="display: none;"{/if}> <td align="right">{$lng.lbl_password}</td> <td>&nbsp;</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"><input type="password" name="passwd1" size="32" maxlength="64" value="{$userinfo.passwd1|escape}" /> </td> </tr> <tr {if $active_modules.My_module ne ""}style="display: none;"{/if}> <td align="right">{$lng.lbl_confirm_password}</td> <td>&nbsp;</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"><input type="password" name="passwd2" size="32" maxlength="64" value="{$userinfo.passwd2|escape}" /> </td> </tr> {* /Anonymous account *}

In the highlighted lines change My_module to your module name
The another option is to transform these inputs from "text" to "hidden"

X-Cart Skins Store
- twenty two different skins for 4.1.x and 4.2.x;
- 4.3.x compatible versions are available;
- refresh you store now!

Smart menu X-Cart add-on for 4.1.8 - 4.3.x
Featured Products Slide Show X-Cart add-on for 4.1.8 - 4.3.x
Old 12-25-2010, 08:20 AM

Hmm I have a similar problem, I however want there to be NO LOGIN or registration AT ALL, since my products are digital downloads. on Checkout the customer has the option to "create account for this email". I dont want this to appear at all if possible. Also on the default from page there is an "authentification" box with login/password ect..need this removed too.

Thanks for for your time!
regards and merry xmas!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazureth
ok. i made the changes i needed to. however, now whenever the 'customer' is on the page trying to select their shipping method... if they click on the 'modify' button under their address... it takes them to the screen to update their address but they cannot submit the change... instead it returns an error:
Access denied !

You are not allowed to access that resource!

Error ID: 36

The original posts are from 2008 but I'm battling the same thing. I commented out a lot of the registration stuff and am going back through it. When I click on 'modify' under the their address. It flips back and says, "Your shopping cart is empty". Which, of course it isn't.

It would be nice to have a toggle that removed ALL registration requests.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:00 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
When I click on 'modify' under the their address. It flips back and says, "Your shopping cart is empty". Which, of course it isn't.

The info in this post is for 4.4.1, but it may help.

---

The following user thanks gb2world for this useful post:
SID357 (01-04-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Hmm I see what you did..I guess until the option to remove the option of membership entirely becomes available in the next release we will just have to work around it..Im guessing one could change the text in webmaster mode and change it to like "return to homepage" and then change the link (as you seem to have done gb2world) to the home/index?
Surely one can just delete that file in eg. dreamweaver. I havent tried it out yet but Im guessing its just some .css that could be removed?
lets see
Old 01-01-2011, 05:38 PM

X-Wizard

We might be talking about different things.

I did not send it to the home page - I sent it to the edit profile page - /cart.php?mode=checkout&edit_profile

I removed any option for a customer to register an account, and removed any links to any account functionality every where. Then, all customers become what x-cart terms anonymous. During the checkout (fast lane checkout), an anonymous shopper can modify their profile with the above link if they need to.

I don't know that QT is planning to add an option to disable the option for customers to set up accounts in the next release, or ever. Did you see somewhere that this is on their list of enhancements that they said they will do?

I'm also not sure what you mean by deleting files or changing things in css or language variables. There are several places where there are links and functionality for customer registration that just need to be removed or reworked. I did not keep a list - just went though the checkout process and changed whatever allowed for customer registration. Also, found various links here and there.

---
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design