Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Improved minicart display

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Improved minicart display

Sorry to dig up this thread again

Did anyone ever get a solution for remaining on the same page when you delete am item through the mini cart?

I tried the posted solution but it did not work for me.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Advanced Member

Got i working, at least i thought. Now it seems that the Shipping cost are only displayed in the minicart when i went to the checkout page first. After deleting cookies i added another thing to my cart, it's showing no shipping costs.
Is there some sort of code with which you can specify the shipping costs in the minicart rightaway? Or choose your country? Something like that?
Help on this would really be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Yorick
Stizz
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 PM

Unhappy Re: Improved minicart display

Hi !

I have an issue with this minicart.
When buying a gift certificate, the total amount is correctly added into the the minicart but the gift certificate is not displayed (can't see it) like others products.
I am really stuck on this and hope someone can give me a big hand.

By the way where can I download the last original code of the minicart ?

Thanks,

Julien
Old 05-21-2009, 11:13 PM

eXpert

Hi - I had teh same issue. i couldnt resolve - nor could my developer. I ended up logging a request with Xcart - they resolved quickly for 45 points.

Zane
Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 AM

Smile Re: Improved minicart display

Thanks for your post
What is 45 point how much is it in USD ? Are there some "points" including with the license ?

Julien
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 AM

X-Adept

I believe you get 200 points with a new license.

http://www.topnichewebsites.com
Version 4.4.5

Michael
Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 AM

I've been using this without any issue (or so I thought) for several years until a customer just contacted me and reported some weirdness.

If I am logged in as a customer, add something to the cart, then modify my profile the mini-cart will show a certain amount for shipping once I click 'submit' on the profile page. When you go to the checkout it shows a different, typically higher shipping amount.

Here is my minicart.tpl code if that helps:
Code:
{* $Id: minicart.tpl,v 1.12 2004/07/06 14:00:12 svowl Exp $ *} {if $minicart_total_items > 0} {foreach from=$minicart_contents item=item} <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr><TD class="MiniCartTextSmall"><b>{$item.amount} x <a href="product.php?productid={ $item.productid }" title="{$item.product}">{$item.product|truncate:50:"...":true}</a> </b></tr></td></table> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td align=left> {if $config.Adaptives.platform eq 'MacPPC' && $config.Adaptives.browser eq 'NN'}{assign var="js_to_href" value="Y"}{/if} {if $type eq 'input'}{assign var="img_type" value='INPUT type="image" class="blank"'}{else}{assign var="img_type" value='IMG'}{/if} {assign var="js_link" value=$href|regex_replace:"/^\s*javascript\s*:/Si":""} {if $js_link eq $href}{assign var="js_link" value="javascript: self.location='cart.php?mode=delete&productindex=`$item.cartid`'"} {else}{assign var="js_link" value=$href}{if $js_to_href ne 'Y'}{assign var="onclick" value=$href}{assign var="href" value="javascript: void(0);"}{/if}{/if} {if ($config.Adaptives.platform ne 'MacPPC' || $config.Adaptives.browser ne 'NN')}<a href="{$js_link}">Remove</a> {else} <A href="cart.php?mode=delete&productindex=`$item.cartid`"{if $onclick ne ''} onclick="{$onclick}"{/if}{if $title ne ''} title="{$title}"{/if}{if $target ne ''} target="{$target}"{/if}><FONT class="FormButton">{$button_title} </FONT></A> {/if} <td align=right>{include file="currency.tpl" value=$item.display_subtotal} </td></tr> </td> </table> <HR size="1" NOSHADE class="VertMenuHr"> {/foreach} <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <TD class="ProductDetailsTitle">Shipping Cost:</td><td align="right" class="MiniCartTextSmall">{include file="currency.tpl" value=$minicart_shipping}</td> </tr> </table> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <TD class="ProductDetailsTitle">{$lng.lbl_total}: </td> Displayed when logged in <p> <td align="right" class="MiniCartTextSmall">{include file="currency.tpl" value=$minicart_total_cost}</td> </tr> </table> Click 'View Cart' for Grand Total {else} {$lng.lbl_cart_is_empty} {/if} <hr size="1" noshade class="VertMenuHr">
Old 02-08-2010, 04:14 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
Got i working, at least i thought. Now it seems that the Shipping cost are only displayed in the minicart when i went to the checkout page first. After deleting cookies i added another thing to my cart, it's showing no shipping costs.
Is there some sort of code with which you can specify the shipping costs in the minicart rightaway? Or choose your country? Something like that?
Help on this would really be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Yorick
Stizz

Hi I am running xcart 4.2.2 and I am also getting this same issue.
The shipping cost only starts the calculate once you have been to the checkout.

Does anyone else have a resolution for this.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:57 PM

eXpert

Anyone have anything similar to this for 4.3 ?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions