Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-09-2005, 07:25 PM

X-Wizard

Default Buy Now and Product Options

I see there is an option in "Product options options" (heh) to direct Buy Now users to the product details. I would like to optionally display the product's options in the product list. Customers could see a list of products and add one with the correct options to the cart without having to view the product details (extra step) or without having to Edit Details from the cart (no customers understand this).
Old 12-10-2005, 10:24 AM

Advanced Member

Since 4.1 improves the functionality and utility of membership levels, it would be nice to see some additional work here:

1) Add order minimum per membership levels. We have different order minimums for our wholesale and retail customers.

2) The ability to bind membership levels to shipping charges. We have different delivery charges for our wholesale dealers and some of our larger direct account both of which are delivered by our trucks. In addition, we have tiered delivery charges for the direct accounts ($x, $y for orders over an amount, free shipping over amount).

While in the shipping charges, it would be nice if the charges were on the same row as the range (lbs with weight, % with order total) and in the first column.

Bob
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 PM

X-Wizard

Default Checkout - any chance of an early release for this?

Hi there,

So glad to see the checkout is being addressed - looks great!
(once the few errors people have mentioned are ironed out)

To be honest this was my biggest X-Cart disappointment in exisiting versions (it really sucks in existing versions) - and personally I do not see EZ Checkout as being much good either. So what to do right now I am thinking???

Therefore I am about to start hacking away at the invoice code (since my store is still not live yet) and I am wondering what is the best approach to take.
Namely try and use the code for V4.1 or hack away at V4.0.17?

Any feedback on this for the short term (NOW) usage is appreciated.

Thanks - Asiaplay.

PS: also thinking about the import and export admin feature - can this work as a standalone for the existing V4.0.17?
Namely does V4.01 use the same SQL structure as V4.0.17?
Love the fact that product language options can be imported via CSV for example! (presently daunted by the 1000 products x 5 languages I have and the time it will take me to cut and paste these in for each product!!!
As well as the pain of havng to copy the language side of options between products hassle that exists at present!). Any thoughts on having an update for the import/export area / part released earlier?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:19 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Checkout - any chance of an early release for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Hi there,

So glad to see the checkout is being addressed - looks great!
(once the few errors people have mentioned are ironed out)

To be honest this was my biggest X-Cart disappointment in exisiting versions (it really sucks in existing versions) - and personally I do not see EZ Checkout as being much good either. So what to do right now I am thinking???

Therefore I am about to start hacking away at the invoice code (since my store is still not live yet) and I am wondering what is the best approach to take.
Namely try and use the code for V4.1 or hack away at V4.0.17?

Any feedback on this for the short term (NOW) usage is appreciated.

Thanks - Asiaplay.

PS: also thinking about the import and export admin feature - can this work as a standalone for the existing V4.0.17?
Namely does V4.01 use the same SQL structure as V4.0.17?
Love the fact that product language options can be imported via CSV for example! (presently daunted by the 1000 products x 5 languages I have and the time it will take me to cut and paste these in for each product!!!
As well as the pain of havng to copy the language side of options between products hassle that exists at present!). Any thoughts on having an update for the import/export area / part released earlier?

4.1 & 4.0 are totaly different, 4.1 beta is what it says, a beta version and not to be used for anything but testing and as a guide to what will come.

in no way use this code in a production site as you will have no support, plenty of errors and a store that will not fully work or be updatable.

for now use 4.0.17 or wait 6 months for a stable version of 4.1

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM

X-Wizard

Default Checkout - any chance of an early release for this?

Thanks for your comments Shan... appreciated.

Was really hoping X-Cart staff would come back on this and say - yeah... we can do something .. wonder if they read these forums and will offer a solution

Thanks again... will avoid code from V4.1.0 for now...
Old 12-16-2005, 07:32 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Checkout - any chance of an early release for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
wonder if they read these forums

Yes they do
Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 PM

Hi All

As additional suggestion (which I think would be easy to implement):

I would like to see in the new version that each static page has a separate radio button to select if it is to be parsed rather than the global radio button.

I just re-worked a page recently that had a mouse-over javascript (the padlock) that could not be parsed even with the <literal> statement in the page.

For X-cart developers here is the manually patched HTML page:
http://www.eotr.com/Art_of_Noise_sp_22.HTML

If I cannot individually select parsing, then I would have to use:
"http://www.eotr.com/Art_of_Noise_sp_22(original).HTML"

(note because of the forum filters: I had to quote the link above because of the open & close bracket - copy the link and paste into browser)

So if it isn't too hard, could you please add this feature?

Merry Christmas and a Safe, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to All
Ing. Stephen Hatton
MySQL version: 4.0.22-standard
X-cart V4.0.17: Addons: X-PConfig, X-Giftreg, X-Fancycat, X-AOM
Old 12-21-2005, 09:11 PM

X-Cart team

Thank you all for your posts, we have reviewed them all very carefully. X-Cart 4.1.0 Beta 2 is released and this thread is locked. I invite you to continue the discussion here: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=25220
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements