X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-09-2014, 02:17 AM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
Hi,
I am running Abandoned Carts module in my x-cart Platinum 4.6.1.In the Abandoned Cart option there is an option to send an Auto generate coupon.When I am sending any coupon from Send Notification to Selected Cart Owner by selecting Attach Coupon option.Coupon is sending to customer but that coupon code when any customer wants to apply is showing coupon code will not apply.

Why this is happening? Is it any bug?

Thanks,
xtech

Module doesn't support coupons feature in Platinum(Pro) version because they can be sent only by a provider, but at the same moment cart may contain products from different providers and therefore provider should not be able to attach coupon as well.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:40 AM

eXpert

The module hasn't been updated for 4.6.5 yet.

Is it possible to update this mod with the ability to add VAT to prices in the email, if the country has been filled in?
All emails show prices without VAT, even if a VAT rate has been setup for the entered country.

This leads to many questions from customers why items are suddenly more expensive, and we have to explain that the price in the email is without VAT.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Advanced Member

A lot of my customers are telling me the same thing. They get the discount coupon but it does not exist in the database so it cannot be applied.

x-cart 4.6.4
Old 11-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
The module hasn't been updated for 4.6.5 yet.

Is it possible to update this mod with the ability to add VAT to prices in the email, if the country has been filled in?
All emails show prices without VAT, even if a VAT rate has been setup for the entered country.

This leads to many questions from customers why items are suddenly more expensive, and we have to explain that the price in the email is without VAT.

This feature is planned, but not yet implemented in the module.

4.6.5 version should be available since 4.6.5 release, may be there was some glitch, we'll look into it. Please re-check soon.
By the way, that version contains some bugfixes (as well as distributives for previos version which were also re-uploaded) but still doesn't take into account taxes.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewf
A lot of my customers are telling me the same thing. They get the discount coupon but it does not exist in the database so it cannot be applied.

x-cart 4.6.4

Could you clarify, whcih version (Platinum or Gold/Goldplus) you are using?
Module distributives that were released previously doesn't work with Platinum/Pro version correctly.

New module distributives released recently works properly with these versions but coupons are available only in Gold/Goldplus.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:35 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
This feature is planned, but not yet implemented in the module.

4.6.5 version should be available since 4.6.5 release, may be there was some glitch, we'll look into it. Please re-check soon.
By the way, that version contains some bugfixes (as well as distributives for previos version which were also re-uploaded) but still doesn't take into account taxes.
It is uploaded now, thank you.

However, the version is not displayed correctly in the files, so I can't see which files have been updated.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
It is uploaded now, thank you.

However, the version is not displayed correctly in the files, so I can't see which files have been updated.

As for 4.6.5 distributive you can just unpack it and copy all files to X-Cart folder replacing old ones.
Distributives for older versions also require some patches to be applied.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:07 PM

Advanced Member

[quote=random]Could you clarify, whcih version (Platinum or Gold/Goldplus) you are using?

Am using Goldplus

Customer sent me the email he received and the coupon does not exist in the database xcart_discount_coupons

Can you suggest how I can log all the emails sent and then I can check if the coupons exist?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 AM

eXpert

The following 'bug' of this module has been haunting me since I've started using it:

The email that is sent to customers, shows the product prices excluding VAT.
That is no problem for customers that don't pay VAT, or haven't entered a country yet, but customers that have entered a country (or that are logged in) it's becoming a big problem.

More and more people are replying to the emails "why is the price higher than it is in the email??" and it starts to feel like I'm cheating them: they've seen the price + VAT on the website, they get an ACR email with the price excluding VAT, click on it and suddenly the price is back to include VAT again.

Every question receives the same answer: I'm sorry but you're in the EU so you have to pay VAT.

It would be great if the ACR module emails prices including VAT if the country of the user is known (and it is in most cases). Could this be added?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

[quote=georgewf]
Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Could you clarify, whcih version (Platinum or Gold/Goldplus) you are using?

Am using Goldplus

Customer sent me the email he received and the coupon does not exist in the database xcart_discount_coupons

Can you suggest how I can log all the emails sent and then I can check if the coupons exist?

The easiest way is to simulate abandoned cart yourself - just log in to customer front-end and place any product to cart without completing checkout.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements