Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Where is X-Cart in the world of eCommerce

X-Cart forums > General > General talk

Old 12-22-2018, 08:46 AM

Veteran

Default Where is X-Cart in the world of eCommerce

Where is it? Why is no one talking about XC?

https://financesonline.com/comparison-15-leading-shopping-cart-software-systems/

Although the above is by no means accurate representation of the eCommerce shopping cart systems the question still remains - why XC is not on the that list?

WooCommerse is terrible and not a true shopping cart yet it made it there. It is disturbing and somewhat insulting.

How OpenCart and 3dCart be on the list and XC is not? XC is better. Way better than Wix too....

QT should focus on making the cart popular and known to the public.

I stumble across articles like this all the time and XC is never on the list. Yet you see other solutions which are not half of what XC is...

Something to think about...

The following 3 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
BCSE (01-07-2019), elmirage001 (12-22-2018), PhilJ (12-22-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 05:12 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Where is X-Cart in the world of eCommerce

It's good as a competitive advantage, however. My shop runs circles around my competition...
Zend OpCache OFF - Won't work with phar extension in cPanel on PHP7.1+
10.3.16-MariaDB
Apache 2.4.34
CENTOS 6.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 12-23-2018, 09:00 AM

X-Wizard

My competitors are using Wix, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Shopify and like Kevin said, "My shop runs circles around my competition..."

I too would like X-Cart to better promote their brand. I would also like X-Cart to take better care of and promote their Third Party Vendors. The Third Party Vendors are the icing on my X-Cart cake.
And what's a cake without great icing
  • Total Server Solutions Hosting | Linux | PHP v7.2 | MySQL v5.6.40 |

The following user thanks elmirage001 for this useful post:
ITVV (12-24-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 12:44 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems

Hi Steve

All those rating are sponsored, including finances online. And although this is rather wide adopted short term marketing tactic, we do not use it as we believe it confuses people.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2018, 07:28 AM

Veteran

Oh no doubt most of the time these are not so much real stats.

But you are missing the big picture here. Which is - no one talks about XC. XC doesn't exists in the world of articles like this. And articles like this is what people find when they want to start online business and are looking for shopping cart software to use.

Now I received about 10 emails from XC in the last week or so for modules and software discounts, your blog articles, etc. So your marketing department flooded me with these emails - an already established customer and relationship - while you should have focused on getting new customers.

It is costly to run marketing campaigns but it is what gets you on the map. I am not a marketer so I am sure I am wrong about some things in this aspect but still...

FYI I have clients which tell me when they try to shop around for a replacement of XC most designer/developer companies they contact have never heard of XC or tell them XC has no market share. This is from US, Australia, Europe (not s much) clients...

You do the math
Old 12-26-2018, 01:46 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Oh no doubt most of the time these are not so much real stats.

But you are missing the big picture here.

Steve, thanks for sharing your vision. I see your point but have to disagree that those sites are the main entry point for new merchants. We rank for many keywords such a how to start selling and how to sell on ebay/fb/amazon. Check "magento alternative" in Google. We just dropped to 7th place but was top2 for a long time. So we'd rather compete with those review sites in terms of SEO than pay them.

It's in no way a silver bullet. Nobody would talk about X-Cart if we pay financesonline. It's not how it works.

To wrap it up, we do marketing, our traffic grows, our client base grows. Still X-Cart isn't a default choice but it's our long term goal.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 AM

Veteran

Why would I want to search for "magento alternative"? One would search for "shopping cart system" or "ecommerce shopping cart" or "online store builder" or something like this.

"shopping cart system" does put XC on 3-4 place though on page 1. 3dcart is always at the top (although it is paid ad).

Ok so I did check "magento alternative" - XC is no where on page 1. And whatever articles show on page 1 none of them mentioned XC.

Anyway the point is not to argue with the XC marketing team. The point is we all want XC to succeed - you as the maker of XC, I as 3rd party dev for XC, others - as users of the software...

And - this is me personally though - when I really need something I don't stop at page 1 in search results and first 2-3 results. I very often check pages 2 and 3 as well. However majority of people who want to start an online business are not educated enough what it takes and which software is better. That's why they turn to Google and read the 1-2 articles they see first. You may put XC link at the top on page 1 but when XC is not mentioned anywhere in comparison with other solutions that doesn't mean much.

Most people when doing a research on which shopping system to go with will try to find an article that shows them at least 2-3 shopping carts side by side with pros and cons. This is where I think XC loses the game. But that's me.

Search for "shopping cart comparison" for example. Here are the top results
https://financesonline.com/comparison-15-leading-shopping-cart-software-systems/
https://ecommerce-platforms.com/comparison-chart
https://www.merchantmaverick.com/review-category/ecommerce-shopping-cart-software-reviews/?sortby=featured&pagen=0 (XC is on page 4)

Anyway - point made. No need to argue about it.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:35 PM

Problem is, half the people who use XC5 have commented in this thread already. Without any user base, it doesn't get traction, and without any traction, it doesn't get discussed. Like every piece of constructive criticism mentioned to QT over the years, QT doesn't see the problem ... which is why XC5 has no user base.

Given that QT is now selling shipping supplies to supplement their business, I'm guessing there isn't a marketing budget.

I've been posting this for years:

Old 12-26-2018, 05:29 PM

X-Guru

Google Trends
https://www.google.com/trends/

INDUSTRY COMPARISON

XCART RELEVANCE

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/SmackDigital

LINKEDIN
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smackdigital

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
cherie (12-26-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 06:41 AM

Veteran

I received notification this morning for new post to this thread. This post does not exist in the thread now.

I was just wondering who deleted it - the user or QT. If it was the user - ok. If it was QT - not ok. The post did not break any forum guidelines.
   X-Cart forums > General > General talk