Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

What file is used to update order status after PayPal transaction goes through?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 12-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Default What file is used to update order status after PayPal transaction goes through?

I have a custom program where I send customers a link that they can use to enter my store, but after they place an order, I deactivate the link. It works great for net billed orders, but I'm having issues with credit card payments. Right now a counter is updated when the customer 'submits' their order - but for credit card purchases, the customer is taken to PayPal to actually pay for their items. I've had some customers close out or back out of PayPal before completing the order, which is understandable, but the link gets incremented once they "submit" their order and BEFORE they've paid - so then I end up with customers who still want to use their link, but can't because the system has deactivated it.

I'm thinking for credit card payments I need to update my counter after the order's status in the Order's Department is changed from "not finished" to "processed".

Does anyone have any idea what file to find this information in - or maybe a better place to update my counter so that the counter value is set (or increased) once the system confirms payment has been accepted?

X-Cart Version 4.7.3
Old 12-09-2016, 04:20 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: What file is used to update order status after PayPal transaction goes through?

One option is to add this to customer/main/order_message.tpl but if you need this done in php then maybe in func_process_order() in include/func/func.order.php.

The following user thanks cherie for this useful post:
qualiteam (12-11-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 06:11 PM

Default Re: What file is used to update order status after PayPal transaction goes through?

Thanks! I'll try adding the code in func.order.php - I originally started there but must have moved on too soon.

X-Cart Version 4.7.3
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions