Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Ready for Mobile Age: PayPal Here, Mobile Admin app, Shopping App

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-17-2015, 11:19 PM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart Ready for Mobile Age: PayPal Here, Mobile Admin app, Shopping App

"My son, a One-Year-Old, has already started his acquaintence with the Internet. And he doesn't even know about a keyboard or a PC. His comprehension of the Internet starts from tablets, smartphones and other touchscreens. By the moment he grows up, the huge awkward machines are very likely to be completely replaced by mobile gadgets - we're observing this already. And we need to be ready for the mobile age" - This is what X-Cart CEO Max Vydrin said in one of our conversations. And it defines one of important directions of X-Cart development ( not the only one, though - as you can judge by our recent releases). Today we're happy to show you the results of hard work making your X-Cart mobile-friendly.

Check out what we prepared for you: https://blog.x-cart.com/mobile-ready.html

Spoiler: it's about Mobile Admin for X-Cart 4 and 5, mobile POS aka PayPal Here for X-Cart 5, Shopping app for X-Cart by Shopgate for X-Cart 5 + 5 early adopters for v.4 wanted, Responsive design and Mobile Skin for both versions

The following 2 users thank Ksenia for this useful post:
seyfin (02-19-2015), totaltec (02-18-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 11:19 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart Ready for Mobile Age: PayPal Here, Mobile Admin app, Shopping App

The mobile skin for 4 is flawed and has been primarily ignored for more than a year. Given this blog, are there plans to update it?

P.S. The mobile age started like 5 years ago
Old 02-18-2015, 12:29 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart Ready for Mobile Age: PayPal Here, Mobile Admin app, Shopping App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

You know XC doesn't age that fast
Old 02-18-2015, 09:42 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
The mobile skin for 4 is flawed and has been primarily ignored for more than a year. Given this blog, are there plans to update it?

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=Roadmap

> New Storefront mobile-ready skin;
Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM

Yeah Jon. I believe "Mobile age" started as soon as SteveJobs has introduced first iPhone.

I also agree that from last couple of years ecommerce orders from smart devices is booming and it was almost ⅓ of overall orders for my clients.
Hence I welcome the "Mobile Admin" app.

However I believe xc should focus more on the new trend and "age" for 2015, which is,
>> Personalisation (We always need to buy third party service for this)
>> Social ⌠discovery commerce■ ( As social media is becoming effective way to sale the product)
>> Apply Pay ( I am exited about this and future of payment on smart devices )
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dhvanit/
Old 02-18-2015, 10:25 PM

X-Cart team

Hi Jon,
Thank you for your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

You may have missed the comment from the product manager of the Mobile Skin:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=383108&postcount=225

Konstantin writes, that they have been working on the updated version from the beginning of the year, and so far the ETA is this March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

With a lot of sites still making me slit my eyes trying to find some info or hit a tiny button or link.

So this article has two purposes - to announce the new product available (in particular PayPal Here integration and Mobile Admin app) AND to remind about the existing features and extensions that will make your store more mobile-friendly and thus convenient for both customers and admin.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements