Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-11-2014, 12:50 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

x-cart updates so frequently. good or not?
www.loupesusa.com X-Cart Version: 4.7.11 GOLD PLUS
Old 03-11-2014, 02:25 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinobest
x-cart updates so frequently. good or not?
I am certainly happy with it. I am very happy with the new PayPal Login functionality of 4.6.3 and the upgrades are quite easy as long as the store isn't heavily modded.

I also like to keep it up to date because of security concerns and for the new functionality.
So I'd say it's a good thing. Looking at the forum I'd also say I'm one of the few stores on 4.6.3 and it's running very good here.

The following 2 users thank herber@wirehub.nl for this useful post:
aim (03-11-2014), Ksenia (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 03:23 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterfusion
I'm confused by this announcement, I don't see any X-cart 4.6.3 patches in the support helpdesk file area. And there doesn't seem to be an upgrade pack yet either? I am currently running a TEST only version of 4.6.0 to see if it's worth the trouble upgrading.

Hi Eric,
Sorry for delay. The upgrade packs should be found not in "File Area" but in "My Licenses" section of your HelpDesk account. Find the corresponding license and press button "Upgrades". You'll be redirected to a page where the patch can be generated. Upgrade from 4.6.0 to 4.6.3 is available there too - I have just checked it right in your account.

If you experience any difficulties, please contact us via "Communication center" and the Customer Relations Representatives will help you - or even generate the patch for you.

The following 2 users thank Ksenia for this useful post:
aim (03-11-2014), enterfusion (03-12-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 03:24 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
Ksenia,

I am running 4.5.4. I took your warning about the USPS change regarding First Class Mail from your blog post and made sure your Option #1 "...select checkbox 'Automatically enable new shipping methods from shipping server response'" was enabled on my store.

Sure enough First Class mail method is no longer being returned to my customers, and yet no new shipping methods have shown up in my list of USPS methods. Anyone know what is going on? What are others seeing?

(I have filed a support ticket already) just providing the community some info and wanting to know if it is just me.

Thanks

Hi David,

Are you still facing this problem or has it been fixed?

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
aim (03-11-2014)
Old 03-14-2014, 10:06 PM

I just installed this update and have enabled PayPal login.
I successfully signed in using my PayPal account and user account was created, however something doesn't work properly:
1. When user looks at his account everything looks OK, however when admin looks at this user's profile, the State in address is incorrect.
2. When customer adds product to the cart and heading to checkout, customer details are correct but no shipping methods available and only 'Change' button is active under customer's details. (One Page Checkout). If customer clicks 'Change' button, wrong State inserted into address form. After customer clicks 'Continue' button everything works as it should.
I'm disabling this module for now.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:52 PM

Veteran

you can enable debugging for the module - modules/PayPal_Login/config.php - and see what info is being passed to XC and what is being saved

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
aim (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 04:58 PM

Thanks Steve, looking at logs I see that PayPal returns correct address
[region] => New South Wales
[country] => AU
but in x-cart the State is set to Australian Capital Territory (first in the list).

btw, test mode doesn't work for me, Paypal login page doesn't exist at sandbox.paypal.com ...
Old 03-15-2014, 05:26 PM

Veteran

It's not that XC sets the state as ACT but it shows the first in the list because the one it is set to does not exist. You need to look directly in the database and see what it is set to. My guess is since XC uses abbr and not full names for states in the database the module is not coded to convert the PP result for region from full name to abbreviation. Which of course is a bug in the module.
The customer info in database uses state abbreviation and not full state name
Old 03-16-2014, 07:52 PM

eXpert

Hello

I upgraded to version 4.6.3 and I noticed in admin user section there is an AJAX error.
If I click on the link show in users section like this http://uncionmusic.com/get_block.php?block=np_product&language=en

It will land in a blank page showing this this message: "AJAX error :: Bad request :: 0"

I was wondering if this happen to a regular customer browsing the website.

Is any body else having this problem?

Can someone tell what actually is causing this? your help is appreciated.

Jose

www.uncionmusic.com
Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebueso
Hello

I upgraded to version 4.6.3 and I noticed in admin user section there is an AJAX error.
If I click on the link show in users section like this http://uncionmusic.com/get_block.php?block=np_product&language=en

It will land in a blank page showing this this message: "AJAX error :: Bad request :: 0"

I was wondering if this happen to a regular customer browsing the website.

Is any body else having this problem?

Can someone tell what actually is causing this? your help is appreciated.

Jose

This link cannot be openned in a browser directly
The next-prev products feature works correctly on your site.

This is a code from the get_block.php
Code:
if ( !func_is_ajax_request() || !isset($block) || empty($block) || !is_string($block) || !preg_match('/^[\w\d_]+$/Ss', $block) ) { func_ajax_set_error('Bad request'); exit; }
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements