Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM

Default Re: The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Can you advise me when the new version of x - cart?
Already are, you can create a system that even without stock can enable the lead time. But also allow rather than quantity in stock, place a picture (green - in stock; red - without stock; Orange - stock below).
I apologise for my way to expose the case. English is not my strong. I translated by translators.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:00 PM

so is anyone with some knowledge going to answer or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmythe
So let me get this straight... I paid $1,600.00'n change for a product (LC ASPE) that might be either "merged" or given away...?

So if I start selling more shops and want to add on to a new server.. I will have to drop another thousand and change dollars until QT makes up there mind?

and am I the only one paying for software? why the developer shortage? I have convinced my customers to spend a decent amount of money over the years on LC and XC ... in fact I like the ASPE version because I can lower my cost and just sell complete packages. This makes my service more attractive.

If it is merged will another ASPE-like version exist at some point? and if it goes open source I loose my assurance that a real developer will take on the project. And since open source is based on interest how do I know this will be taken by experenced developers? I don't most open source projects fail due to lack of interest soooooo.... what are my options if I do not have thousands of dollars to pay developers? anyone? I doubt I am the only one facing this issue. So what are other folks doing about it?

Awesome.
-d
Old 10-12-2009, 05:33 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmythe
so is anyone with some knowledge going to answer or what?

I regret to inform you that we don't plan an ASPE-like version of X-Cart.

However, we can offer you to migrate your customers to X-Cart and exchange your ASPE shop licenses to X-Cart licenses for free. You don't need to exchange all your ASPE licenses at once and can exchange a number of licenses when you need it. For instance, if three of ten merchants want to migrate to X-Cart, you can exchange these 3 licenses to X-Cart and keep the rest of merchants on LiteCommerce.

I believe the X-Cart v4.3 data import script will work for LiteCommerce ASPE shops as well as for regular LiteCommerce shops.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:39 PM

Do we have an ETA for X-cart 4.3 with migration? I currently have a customer who may need this done in the next 6 weeks.
Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM

X-Adept

What about us long time Litecommerce customers, can we exchange our licenses for X-Cart 4.3 now it's out of Beta?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:07 PM

X-Cart team

v4.3 has been released.

see http://www.x-cart.com/news/xcart-430-released.html

PS:
Discuss 4.3 related questions and issues at http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=50645 please
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 11-11-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Hi,

Will our Litecommerce databases work with X-Cart, or will there be some sort of conversion program from LiteCommerce to X-Cart 4.3???

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal
Hi,

Will our Litecommerce databases work with X-Cart, or will there be some sort of conversion program from LiteCommerce to X-Cart 4.3???

Thanks!

4.3 comes with a converter script, it seems to work pretty well but I had issues with thumbs and wholesale pricing. All the major data converted fine. If LC is working ok for you I'd wait, XCart 5 should be out next summer.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish
4.3 comes with a converter script, it seems to work pretty well but I had issues with thumbs and wholesale pricing. All the major data converted fine. If LC is working ok for you I'd wait, XCart 5 should be out next summer.

Hey Swish,

Thanks for that............did your products have multiple characteristics, like size and color per item?

I do want to stick until Summer, but I've already had issues with LiteCommerce not liking the newest version of IonCube (I ended up having to downgrade the version of IonCube on my server, which was an issue with my Webhost). So already, the freeze in LiteCommerce development is having ripple effects - QT is not upgrading LC to be compatible with newer versions of IonCube.

Then there is the DSS Credit Card compliance issue, which I have to research further.

And to be honest, even if 5.0 comes out on time, I doubt I'll be an early adopter - I'll wait for better stability and reliability.

Thanks for the input, though!

Regards,

N-
Old 11-21-2009, 02:03 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal
Hey Swish,

Thanks for that............did your products have multiple characteristics, like size and color per item?

I do want to stick until Summer, but I've already had issues with LiteCommerce not liking the newest version of IonCube (I ended up having to downgrade the version of IonCube on my server, which was an issue with my Webhost). So already, the freeze in LiteCommerce development is having ripple effects - QT is not upgrading LC to be compatible with newer versions of IonCube.

Then there is the DSS Credit Card compliance issue, which I have to research further.

And to be honest, even if 5.0 comes out on time, I doubt I'll be an early adopter - I'll wait for better stability and reliability.

Thanks for the input, though!

Regards,

N-

Hey there,

I don't use product options so I didn't test this. Your best bet is to do what I did. Ask QT for 4.3 or 4.3 beta to run some testing. The conversion script was easier to use than I was expecting. You put in your LC database details and the new x-cart database details and it does the converting for you. I have over a 1000 products with multiple categories. Everything converted ok apart from thumb images. I'm sure QT will want to address any issues you find with the converter script. You could run some testing for a few weeks before you make up your mind. If you do go down this road, let me know your findings because I will making the move next year.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements