Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 AM

X-Man

Default Re: The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Whew! I guess this means I don't have to even think about upgrading to 4.2 (or 4.3) and just wait for v5,0 to be released. Thanks
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 02-04-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
Whew! I guess this means I don't have to even think about upgrading to 4.2 (or 4.3) and just wait for 4.5 to be released. Thanks
I believe there will not be 4.5 after 4.3 development new x-cart v5 will be out, if im not mistaken.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Sorry for being unclear. We will provide X-Cart and LiteCommerce users with a script importing data and settings (that apply) from X-Cart 4.1/4.2/4.3 and LiteCommerce 2.2 to "X-Cart 5". Also, we will release a script importing data and settings (that apply) from LiteCommerce 2.2 to X-Cart 4.3.
This post alone made has me decide to wait upgrading my 4.1.9 to 4.2 until v5 is released then I'll upgrade to v5. At first I was under the impression that I had to upgrade to 4.2 then to 4.3 before getting upgraded to v5.
Altered Cart: 1-Page checkout
Firetank: Feed Manager
Website CM: CDSEO PRO
Website CM: Product A-Z Map
Website CM: Review Approval
Website CM: Site Map Pro
Qualiteam: Sales & Stats (free version)
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 AM

X-Man

Think I will wait until v5 to upgrade.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 AM

Advanced Member

I know you said this is a re-write, but are any of the fundamentals changing? For example will you take the opportunity on X-Cart v5 to implement a proper DB abstraction layer and support multiple databases? (it has always been a pet peeve of mine that I must run MySQL for a single app on my box, when everything else uses PostgreSQL, and I have PgSQL tuned to be allowed to consume a lot of resources if it wants). Or is the backend stuff (supported databases, and the rest) staying the same and the changes mostly focusing on the user-visible stuff?

X-Cart 4.3.1 GOLD + Affiliate + GiftReg + Magnifier + Offers + PConf.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 AM

Veteran

Post your suggestions in the Wish List topic
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 PM

X-Wizard

Hello Vyacheslav

One good thing about LiteCommerce and X-CART has been the philosophy of having a base version which keeps a low price point, then the ability to purchase mods for enhancement of the base.

With X-CART 5 platform - do you plan to retain this strategy of a solid base product at a cost in the low hundreds (US)?

LiteCommerce and XCART have been ideal for low cost applications where your customers do not have extensive requirements and also those who want a low-cost entry into their market. with options to enhance as their business grows.

XCART has also been ideal for those who have unique requirements - we could purchase the base at low cost, strip out what we don't need and code to add any unique functionality. (LC was not as easy to enhance for these kinds of applications.)

The add-on mods from X-CART and 3rd parties then allow for expansion for those who need more functionality - at added cost - depending upon each application's requirements.

With all the excellent suggestions you are getting for enhancements for v5 - will you still keep a strategy where some of those enhancements that are going to make the price of the base very high be realized in add-on mods?

Is the requirement for a low cost base still important in your strategy or are you moving to a more expensive base version that has added functionality?

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Sorry for being unclear. We will provide X-Cart and LiteCommerce users with a script importing data and settings (that apply) from X-Cart 4.1/4.2/4.3 and LiteCommerce 2.2 to "X-Cart 5". Also, we will release a script importing data and settings (that apply) from LiteCommerce 2.2 to X-Cart 4.3.

We are using X-Cart 4.0.17 and 4.0.18. Will Qualiteam provide data and settings import scripts for those versions as well?
OS = Linux
Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 AM

Just curious why you don't think LiteCommerce is PCI Compliant? I have passed PCI compliance testing on my LiteCommerce stores with no problem? Is there something I should know?
my site www.sitebuildernow.net
Old 02-15-2009, 01:26 PM

So let me get this straight... I paid $1,600.00'n change for a product (LC ASPE) that might be either "merged" or given away...?

So if I start selling more shops and want to add on to a new server.. I will have to drop another thousand and change dollars until QT makes up there mind?

and am I the only one paying for software? why the developer shortage? I have convinced my customers to spend a decent amount of money over the years on LC and XC ... in fact I like the ASPE version because I can lower my cost and just sell complete packages. This makes my service more attractive.

If it is merged will another ASPE-like version exist at some point? and if it goes open source I loose my assurance that a real developer will take on the project. And since open source is based on interest how do I know this will be taken by experenced developers? I don't most open source projects fail due to lack of interest soooooo.... what are my options if I do not have thousands of dollars to pay developers? anyone? I doubt I am the only one facing this issue. So what are other folks doing about it?

Awesome.
-d