Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-04-2014, 05:10 AM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

Hello everyone!

X-Cart Classic v.4.6.3 has been released. It's a "quick" release without new features,instead there are 3 fixes of existing integrations: "PayPal Access", "Amazon Payments" and upcoming USPS Webtools Update (March, 07 2014).

Details here:
http://blog.x-cart.com/x-cart-463-released.html

------------------ X-CART v4.6.3 CHANGELOG---------------------

*DESIGN AND APPEARANCE*
[!] 14 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0138239) Ideal Responsive & Ideal comfort: Special Offer promo block was not properly aligned + Some other minor design and appearance issues on the cart page. Fixed.

*BACKOFFICE*
[!] 28 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0138314): CSS inliner related PHP errors. Fixed. Added PHP compability checks.
[!] 25 Feb 2014, aim - Bug (0138516): Static pages were not deleted on some PHP versions. Fixed.
[!] 21 Feb 2014, aim - Bug (0138547): Fatal error: Call to undefined function func_store_login_action(). Related to check integrity feature. Fixed.

*PAYMENTS*
[!] 24 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0138495): Global Gateway E4SM: When Global Gateway E4SM was used, the "Your order was lost" error was sometimes generated. Fixed.

*SHIPPING*[*] 03 Mar 2014, aim - Improvement (0138671): Renamed 'USPS First-Class Mail##R## Letter' to 'USPS First-Class Mail##R## Stamped Letter'.

*MODULES/ADD-ONS*[*] 27 Feb 2014, mixon - Improvement (0134510): Reworked the Login with PayPal module (former PayPalAuth) according to the new API.
[!] 26 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0138573): Checkout by Amazon: The 'Pay with Amazon' button was not aligned properly with the other elements on the cart page. Fixed. [Amazon_Checkout]
[!] 24 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0136815) MailChimp: An SQL error occurred when importing newslists from MailChimp. Fixed. [Adv_Mailchimp_Subscription]
[!] 14 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0138415): Checkout by Amazon: PHP errors related to the removal of Google Checkout module. Fixed. [Amazon_Checkout]
[!] 14 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0138436) XML Sitemap: Out-of-stock products were not included into XML Sitemap. Fixed.
[!] 11 Feb 2014, aim - Bug (0138372): Feature Comparison: Changed default step from 1 to 10 for empty orderby field. Thanks to Adrian Matei.

*PERFORMANCE*
27 Feb 2014, mixon - Improvement (0138595): Amazon Checkout javascript moved to body bottom to speed up page display.

*MISCELLANEOUS*
*MISCELLANEOUS* [*] 28 Feb 2014, mixon - Improvement (0138314): Improved PHP version check for CSS inliner. If the option "Automatically convert CSS to inline styles in HTML emails" is enabled on PHP versions earlier than 5.3, a warning message is displayed and the option is automatically disabled.[*] 27 Feb 2014, aim - Improvement (0138616): Added _POST _GET vars to sql error logs. Fixed an SQL error.[*] 24 Feb 2014, mixon - Improvement (0138436): Updated XML Sitemap & Out-of-stock Products conditions.
[!] 21 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (0099691): Purchase Order number was missing from plain text emails. Fixed.
[!] 19 Feb 2014, aim - Bug (0138517): Formatting problem in navigation.tpl. Fixed.
[!] 19 Feb 2014, mixon - Bug (013610: Product search by category and manufacturer return no results. Fixed.

The following 5 users thank Ksenia for this useful post:
ADDISON (03-08-2014), bobbyc (03-04-2014), chamberinternet (03-05-2014), cherie (03-04-2014), kustomrides (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 05:24 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

That's quite a quick release, I was already awaiting it since you mentioned it would be released on March 4th.

I'm going to apply it anyway since I am still in the "upgrade mood" since I upgraded to 4.6.2 a week ago.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:44 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6.3: "Amazon Payments", "PayPal Access", another USPS update.

The PayPal Login module in the backend links to russian pages of PHP.net, perhaps those should be changed to English manual pages.

See here.

I would also like to see which of these I currently haven't got configured on my server, because I have no clue what I'm missing, as CURL is installed and the functions should be available by default I believe.

The following 2 users thank herber@wirehub.nl for this useful post:
aim (03-04-2014), mixon (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
The PayPal Login module in the backend links to russian pages of PHP.net, perhaps those should be changed to English manual pages.

See here.

I would also like to see which of these I currently haven't got configured on my server, because I have no clue what I'm missing, as CURL is installed and the functions should be available by default I believe.

1)Links to man pages have been fixed. Thank you.

2)Open the page like
http://localhost/aim/46x/admin/general.php?mode=phpinfo

Please confirm these requirements

* hash.png
or
* http://ru2.php.net/manual/en/hash.requirements.php
or
* http://ru2.php.net/manual/en/function.hash-algos.php
(PHP 5 >= 5.1.2, PECL hash >= 1.1)
or
* http://ru2.php.net/crypt#refsect1-function.crypt-changelog
5.3.2 Added SHA-256 and SHA-512 crypt based on Ulrich Drepper's ╩ implementation.
Attached Images
File Type: png hash.png (16.8 KB, 10 views)

The following 2 users thank aim for this useful post:
herber@wirehub.nl (03-05-2014), mixon (03-04-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 12:56 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
1)Links to man pages have been fixed. Thank you.

2)Open the page like
http://localhost/aim/46x/admin/general.php?mode=phpinfo

Please confirm these requirements

* hash.png
or
* http://ru2.php.net/manual/en/hash.requirements.php
or
* http://ru2.php.net/manual/en/function.hash-algos.php
(PHP 5 >= 5.1.2, PECL hash >= 1.1)
or
* http://ru2.php.net/crypt#refsect1-function.crypt-changelog
5.3.2 Added SHA-256 and SHA-512 crypt based on Ulrich Drepper's ╩ implementation.
Thanks for fixing.

It seems php5-curl was installed, so installing that fixed it.
Thanks a bunch, but perhaps a check telling the user what needs to be installed would be more clear.

Does the Login with PayPal also create a user in X-Cart with the right address/email etc.?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 AM

Michael Bugrov

X-Cart team

Yes. A new customer account is created with email provided by PayPal ( + corresponding billing address ).
X-Cart Software Architector

founder of: X-Monitoring service
founder of: Infinite scroll

Facebook
Linked-in

The following 2 users thank mixon for this useful post:
aim (03-05-2014), herber@wirehub.nl (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 11:32 AM

X-Adept

Ksenia,

I am running 4.5.4. I took your warning about the USPS change regarding First Class Mail from your blog post and made sure your Option #1 "...select checkbox 'Automatically enable new shipping methods from shipping server response'" was enabled on my store.

Sure enough First Class mail method is no longer being returned to my customers, and yet no new shipping methods have shown up in my list of USPS methods. Anyone know what is going on? What are others seeing?

(I have filed a support ticket already) just providing the community some info and wanting to know if it is just me.

Thanks
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)

The following user thanks tartaglia for this useful post:
Mr. G (03-10-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 12:58 PM

eXpert

I just updated my live store and cannot get PayPal Access to work.
I entered the right 'secret' and 'client id', the paypal popup shows, I can login with a valid PayPal account, it asks me to give permission to my website to get certain data, I can agree to that and then return to X-Cart..
but it gives a small red error on top: 'Error: Login with PayPal authorization has been failed'.

I cannot find any errors in the X-Cart logs.
How can I help find the errors to fix this? I would like to have the PayPal Access functionality.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:04 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
I just updated my live store and cannot get PayPal Access to work.
I entered the right 'secret' and 'client id', the paypal popup shows, I can login with a valid PayPal account, it asks me to give permission to my website to get certain data, I can agree to that and then return to X-Cart..
but it gives a small red error on top: 'Error: Login with PayPal authorization has been failed'.

I cannot find any errors in the X-Cart logs.
How can I help find the errors to fix this? I would like to have the PayPal Access functionality.
Apparantly, it is working.
However, Qualiteam needs to improve the error message: an account with that paypal email address already existed. X-Cart needs to give a proper error message to the user that an account with that email already exists and THAT is why it is not working.

The following user thanks herber@wirehub.nl for this useful post:
aim (03-14-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 04:01 PM

Advanced Member

I'm confused by this announcement, I don't see any X-cart 4.6.3 patches in the support helpdesk file area. And there doesn't seem to be an upgrade pack yet either? I am currently running a TEST only version of 4.6.0 to see if it's worth the trouble upgrading.

-Eric

X-cart 4.3.2 up and running.
Apache, PHP 5.2, APC, Redhat, Checkout One, On Sale, Smart Search, Remember Cart.
Lots of other customization's, but perhaps typical of x-cart installations.

X-cart 5 sort of in limbo, trying to make things work without much luck.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements