Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CMS Manager with built in HTML editor

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 12-14-2003, 07:15 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart Languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikira
You mean an easier way to edit the languages / add elements etc?

If so thats a good idea I will take into consideration.

Yep, great.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 12-14-2003, 07:15 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsowin
leon: I was referring to the $49 SEO CMS. It's no good.

I figured that.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 12-15-2003, 08:34 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsowin
I doubt I would use that SEO CMS if they paid me to use it. There are so many better free ones out there---including the one in this thread!

I agree

http://www.dataviking.com

Mention the forums for discounts!
x-cart Version 4.1.8
Old 12-15-2003, 09:10 AM

Advanced Member

Default CMS Manager

Just a quick update on progress...

I am beta testing with some of my clients and so far so good. I have added a language editor for which ever is the default X-Cart language the store is running which is a requested feature.

I am also attempting content versioning for each edited file using comments in the top of each file. Each edited file with have an embedded time stamp and the name of the author. I am not 100% sure if I will do this in the edited file iteself or in a seperate file (ie "versions.dat") in every folder that contains edit documents. So far I am leaning to the latter for ease of use.

Archiving old files has been another suggestion (for reverting back to older versions where required). This is going to be a challenge to keep usable though I have a couple of ideas.

So far everything is smooth as a babies butt. Static page editing and creation is working perfectly. All editing, viewing uploading and other file functions are working smoothly and the new HTML editor (using a customized version of SPAW) is working perfectly. I have even intergrated the base CSS for X-Cart into it if you are utilizing this system on X-Cart otherwise it defaults to one of my comphrehensive CSS files.

Anyway I am actually concentrating on this project for a few days as I need this product myself for many other older clients and future clients and I will make a demo available very shortly on a test site so you can all check it out.

This version is going to be a commercial release but I have not decided on a pricing structure yet as I have spent a lot of my work time on this but it will not be too much, I may even just leave it to donations.

So to round up, Demo coming soon, progress is great, screenshots coming very shortly, gimme yer feedback!

Old 12-15-2003, 12:17 PM

Default CMS Manager

Chikira,

I am new to all this so forgive me if I sound ignorant!

I was wondering if you could tell me if your forthcoming wysiwyg mod can
be used in the product modify detailed descriptions box. Or is it only for the embedded static pages linked to the help box. I am looking for a way to input product details quickly without haven to type it into Dreamweaver first then past the HTML code into x-cart.

Also can you tell me how to add addition product text into my product pages (outside the product details area) preferably in its own box like the related products box or Customers' rating box. I donБ─≥t want to put this info in the Template as the text will be product specific.

And finally can I help you beta test your "new baby"

Lloyd
Old 12-15-2003, 12:27 PM

X-Adept

Very cool. You could also just have the old versions stored in a table... like have a version column and auto increment. Just an idea.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:02 PM

Advanced Member

Prang,

This mod is actually a stand alone package and not directly intergrated into X-Cart. However you have raised a good point regarding editing product descriptions. As such I am going to add a module that allows you to directly edit the product description. Essentially I will try and make a link appear in the Product_Modify.tpl that will link over to "TotalCMS" and allow you to edit and update that products description.

The reason I am making this stand alone is for easier control (sounds a bit backward I know but it makes life much easier) Also the limitations of Smarty and X-Cart prevent me from intergrate the HTML editor directly into X-Cart, I am sure it can be done but I am buggered if I can figure it out!

As for your addtional text for a product. You can place the extra text into one of your extra paramters available. For example on one of my clients sites they use param09 for extra information regarding the manufacturer of the product.

To add this to your cart you need to add an extra <textarea> into main/product_modify.tpl

look for this:
Code:
{if $fillerror ne "" and $product.descr eq ""}<font class=Star>&lt;&lt;</font>{/if} </td> </tr>

and just after it insert this

Code:
<tr> <td valign="top" class=ProductDetails>Extra Information</td> <td valign="top" class=ProductDetails> <textarea name="param09" cols="50" rows="10">{ $product.param09|replace:" ":"\n"|escape:"html"}</textarea> </td> </tr>

I haven't tested this but I use similar functions on all my xcart sites.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-15-2003, 01:05 PM

Advanced Member

jpsowin

A good idea but that could get out of control with large sites, I will think on it...

I am sure I will think of someway to do it all, just not sure what yet!

Old 12-15-2003, 02:52 PM

Default extra product info

chikira,

Thanks for your speedy response.

But I find the Extra fields area a bit restrictive, I need a large area to put a large table like the "Supplement Facts, Directions" table in:-

http://www.worldhealthproducts.com/customer/product.php?productid=80&cat=13&page=1&XCARTSESSID =73add252e...2462cbe3a526fc.

Lloyd
Old 12-15-2003, 03:44 PM

Advanced Member

Without actually doing it this would be how I would approach the problem.
  • Use phpmyadmin or what ever sql manager you use and change the param09 type to "text" rather than "varchar(255)" this will give you a lot more flexability in terms of data containment.
    Create template similar to the one used for featured products and call it something like "nutritional_information.tpl".
    Edit product.tpl and use some sort of IF statement to detect the existance of content in param09 then INCLUDE the template "nutritional_information.tpl".
It should not be too difficult to do as the contents of param09 are automatically passed to the browser through smarty (the template system) even if there are no contents.

This should give you a head start on what you need, I hope it helps.

[/list]
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions