Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-18-2013, 04:15 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

@Vladimir - what about Issue #2 reported today? Will it be fixed too?
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
@Vladimir - what about Issue #2 reported today? Will it be fixed too?

It's the same bug you posted yesterday. It's fixed.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 AM

X-Man

Are you sure? One is about variants of an options, the other one about options in a filter class.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Are you sure? One is about variants of an options, the other one about options in a filter class.

The module developer has looked at your bug descriptions once again and confirmed that both bugs have the same origin and that it's fixed. Please check it.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM

X-Man

I will, thanks for letting me know.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM

X-Man

>>> ISSUE 3

I uninstalled the previous version, and I installed the new one dated today. Some issue were solved, but I got one more. If you disable Expand feature for a filter, in Front-End nothing happens (Apparel -> Size, skin Light & Lucid 3 Columns). I cleanup the cache store, but nothing happened in good.

I uninstalled this new version and intalled again the previous one. It is working. Something happened in bad between releases of this two versions with Expand feature. It needs an investigation.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 PM

X-Man

>>> ISSUE 4

I have a product class with 1 option. I add a new option named Decision (option type: Boolean field). I refresh Front-End and I see this filtering option Decision (Yes/No/Doesn't matter).

Then I changed option type to Text field. I refresh the Front-End and surprise (!!), Decision still appears as Yes/No/Doesn't matter. How this can be possible? There is no product to have this option assigned. And this field is not boolean is text. OK, I assigned to a few products data for Decision option (text field). Refreshing the Front-End nothing happening.

This is a bug.

>> UPDATE - I deleted Decision option, but it continues to appear in Front-End. Any idea? Also if I click No it shows there are 2 results, but if I want to see them, the result is zero products.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
>>> ISSUE 3

I uninstalled the previous version, and I installed the new one dated today. Some issue were solved, but I got one more. If you disable Expand feature for a filter, in Front-End nothing happens (Apparel -> Size, skin Light & Lucid 3 Columns). I cleanup the cache store, but nothing happened in good.

I uninstalled this new version and intalled again the previous one. It is working. Something happened in bad between releases of this two versions with Expand feature. It needs an investigation.

All filter states are stored in your browser session while you navigating the store. Thus to reset it you may either clear cookies or start new browser session or open new incognito window.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
>>> ISSUE 4

I have a product class with 1 option. I add a new option named Decision (option type: Boolean field). I refresh Front-End and I see this filtering option Decision (Yes/No/Doesn't matter).

Then I changed option type to Text field. I refresh the Front-End and surprise (!!), Decision still appears as Yes/No/Doesn't matter. How this can be possible? There is no product to have this option assigned. And this field is not boolean is text. OK, I assigned to a few products data for Decision option (text field). Refreshing the Front-End nothing happening.

This is a bug.

We have adjusted this.

Quote:
>> UPDATE - I deleted Decision option, but it continues to appear in Front-End. Any idea? Also if I click No it shows there are 2 results, but if I want to see them, the result is zero products.

And this has been fixed.

Actual module packages are in File Area.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 AM

X-Man

Let's say as administrator I change some option type. What happens with the Front-End of the visitors? All will have the same issues I reported. I cannot inform them to clear the cookies or start new browser session.

Could this be analyzed and being solved without interfering with visitors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
All filter states are stored in your browser session while you navigating the store. Thus to reset it you may either clear cookies or start new browser session or open new incognito window.

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements