Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to add a Secure Cert Logo to your pages

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: How to add a Secure Cert Logo to your pages

Please update your signature to reflect the version of X-Cart you are using.

Here is where the code is.....

<tr><td class="Container"><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

This is in your home.tpl file just before the comodo script. Also you will want to edit the alignment of your copyright at the bottom of the age as the comodo blocks most of it. You will find it in the bottom.tpl in the skin1 directory.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 AM

Advanced Member

thank you so very much! I was getting a little lost, had to use a couple of different editors to be able to see all the code and wasn't catching it.

By the way, I've never run into this problem before, but the tpl code is not visible in all editors, anyone got a good editor that reads this stuff just fine?
X-AOM, DSEFU, X-cart Site map, Firetank's Featured Product Manager and Feedmanager Bundle, BCSEnginneering Product Meta Tags Plus, Category Meta Title Control, Static Page Meta Tag Control, and Variant Modifier,

Hosting by EWD Hosting
Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyscloset
By the way, I've never run into this problem before, but the tpl code is not visible in all editors, anyone got a good editor that reads this stuff just fine?

I use a couple of different things. I like to design and adjust in Dreamweaver, I will also use the edit function in CuteFTP and I quite frequently use the view sourse in IE. The later is also helpful when viewing other folks web sites and see how they do things as well as find little things like the code from your web site.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Another Way to Add a Comodo InstallSSL Secure Cert Logo to Your Pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by newattraction
Another Way to Add a Comodo InstallSSL Secure Cert Logo to Your Pages
FOR X-CART GOLD v4.1.5

Assuming that your X-Cart install directory is ⌠xcartdirectory■, and you saved your Comodo InstallSSL logo image in skin1\images\secure_site.gif.

Step 1. Make a new file \skin1\secure_cert.tpl:

Code:
{literal}<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ var cot_loc0=(window.location.protocol == "https:")? "https://secure.comodo.net/trustlogo/javascript/cot.js" : "http://www.trustlogo.com/trustlogo/javascript/cot.js"; document.writeln('<scr' + 'ipt language="JavaScript" src="'+cot_loc0+'" type="text\/javascript">' + '<\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]> </script>{/literal}

Step 2. Add the following code:

Code:
{include file="secure_cert.tpl"}

To the very beginning part of the following files:
  • \skin1\head.tpl --(right after {* $Id: head.tpl,v 1.58 2006/03/17 08:50:44 svowl Exp $ *})
  • \skin1\head_admin.tpl --(right after {* $Id: head_admin.tpl,v 1.10 2006/03/17 08:50:44 svowl Exp $ *} )
  • AND any other header files of the pages where you want the logo to appear.
Step 3. Make a new file \skin1\secure_logo.tpl:

Code:
{literal}<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> COT("../xcartdirectory/skin1/images/secure_site.gif", "SC2", "none"); </script>{/literal}

Change xcartdirectory accordingly. If your X-Cart is installed in root, use: ../skin1/images/secure_site.gif.

Step 4. Add the following code:

Code:
{include file="secure_logo.tpl"}

To the very bottom part of the following files:
  • \skin1\bottom.tpl --(right after </table>)
  • AND any other footer files of the pages where you want the logo to appear.
DONE!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please use relative path in your script (with few exceptions). That means NO http:// in any of your .tpl files that will output to a web page. Otherwise, security warning may pop up. Example: Use URL ../home.php for HOME tab on Speed Bar instead of URL http://mydomain.com/.

Feel free to visit my site www.vonbell.com, add an item to cart, and click on "Checkout" to see how it works.

Good luck!

Guosheng
VonBell
www.vonbell.com

Hi,

I went through this without a hitch...good walk through. Though the logo does not appear. I have double checked all files three times...secure logo is located in the default directory and xcart is too. I have double checked to make sure the logo.tpl points to the proper location of the file but still no luck. any ideas?
MySQL server 4.1.19
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Still needing some help here-
MySQL server 4.1.19
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
Old 11-05-2007, 01:44 PM

eXpert

I am with you. Any ideas how to implement in 4.1.x and actually see the logo? I never could get it to work in 4.0 either. I would love the corner logo, but even through I have a commodo cert, I could never get it working in even my home page of the site, much less my store.
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Old 11-05-2007, 03:38 PM

Advanced Member

The comodo is up and working on my website. It's visibile on both the storefront and on every page. The website designer was still working when this was an issue but the biggest problem was with the coding location on the page. Check your coding position and make sure it's not being covered up or partly hidden somehow. Once they repositioned mine everything was fine.
X-AOM, DSEFU, X-cart Site map, Firetank's Featured Product Manager and Feedmanager Bundle, BCSEnginneering Product Meta Tags Plus, Category Meta Title Control, Static Page Meta Tag Control, and Variant Modifier,

Hosting by EWD Hosting
Old 11-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyscloset
The comodo is up and working on my website. It's visibile on both the storefront and on every page. The website designer was still working when this was an issue but the biggest problem was with the coding location on the page. Check your coding position and make sure it's not being covered up or partly hidden somehow. Once they repositioned mine everything was fine.

Thanks. The code seems to work but does not display the logo....just the actual worded link. I have gone over several times but can't find where the issue is.
MySQL server 4.1.19
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
Old 11-13-2007, 05:45 PM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: How to add a Secure Cert Logo to your pages

There was an error in the script...

In Step 3 code for the secure_logo.tpl should read:

Code:
{literal}<a href="http://www.instantssl.com" id="comodoTL">SSL</a> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> COT("../xcartdirectory/skin1/images/secure_site.gif", "SC2", "none"); </script>{/literal}

If your cart is placed in the main root directory it should read:
Code:
{literal}<a href="http://www.instantssl.com" id="comodoTL">SSL</a> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> COT("../skin1/images/secure_site.gif", "SC2", "none"); </script>{/literal}

That's all and IT WILL work!
One Page Checkout from alteredcart.com
XC-SEO
Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 PM

Hey Polren,

Thanks for this. I updated the tpl according to our default location and no change. Not sure what else to do...I will go back through everything later and double check it.
MySQL server 4.1.19
Web server Apache
Operation system Linux
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions