Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Head Template Logo Change

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Head Template Logo Change

Brice
The original was aimed at the topic poster, are you using Light and Lucid?

After you adjust header . line1

You will then have to adjust in red the content-container by increasing this, if you have increased line height to compensate the adjustments made to line1 height

So in short increase : margin-top: 210px; within content container, like I siad increase to fit your design...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Brice
The original was aimed at the topic poster, are you using Light and Lucid?

After you adjust header . line1

You will then have to adjust in red the content-container by increasing this, if you have increased line height to compensate the adjustments made to line1 height

So in short increase : margin-top: 210px; within content container, like I siad increase to fit your design...

That's what I was confirming. Default light and Lucid (http://keepsakes4kids.com/store). I'm working with various logos (the one there just doesn't work so no comments about colors or logos It's a work in progress. I found that when I moved the search bar/header, it overlapped the categories and they were no longer funcitonal... I'll try content container and see what happens.

Thanks!!!!

Light and Lucid
No addons.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM

X-Adept

It's been a long day sorry, so many people asking various things
No comments about colours (No worries)

Your Current Header Logo > http://www.keepsakes4kids.com/store/skin1/images/custom/logov1.jpg

Your header width you have set as Height 76, but your logo height is 150. You need to make sure header height is at least the same as your logo height..

Also your > #header .line1 .logo a img (That's holding your image is set at 76px (When your image is height 150....

In short it is scaling your image not to it's proper height because you have set height in the above to 76px..

The header is complex, in that there are quite a few css controlling various things on the header, in that you alter one, you have to alter another to control and compensate the edits you do..
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM

Exactly. When I added it originally I had the proper dimensions, but it was placed under the search bar/header. When I figured out how to move that down to keep my logo at the proper dimension, I overwrote the categories and bread crumbs and could no longer access. I've learned EXACTLY what you are telling me - the hard way. Touching one item here has so many other ramifications. Seems like a robust architecture, but it's also complex and poorly documented. As a former programmer I can say it's typical. Doc comes last.

I know I never touched the content container when I tried doing this last night. When I do, I think the categorie, search bar/header and other content will move down. Again, I'll try tonight. Not sure you can help me much more on this until I give that a go later tonight.

I'm contemplating buying a custom skin closer to what I really want and pray my notes on what I've changed (welcome text, etc) isn't lost in my language variables when I move to a new skin. Thank goodness I'm not in production yet. ha ha.

Thanks for your help. I'm new here and I've noticed you are VERY helpful experienced user sharing the wealth! The world needs more people like you.

Take care.

P.S. By the way my middle name is Alan. Apparently a name reserved for brilliant people.
Quote:
It's been a long day sorry, so many people asking various things
No comments about colours (No worries)

Your Current Header Logo > http://www.keepsakes4kids.com/store/skin1/images/custom/logov1.jpg

Your header width you have set as Height 76, but your logo height is 150. You need to make sure header height is at least the same as your logo height..

Also your > #header .line1 .logo a img (That's holding your image is set at 76px (When your image is height 150....

In short it is scaling your image not to it's proper height because you have set height in the above to 76px..

The header is complex, in that there are quite a few css controlling various things on the header, in that you alter one, you have to alter another to control and compensate the edits you do..

Light and Lucid
No addons.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM

X-Adept

Brice:
Yea I am still learning, lol.. Once you get the hang of it it is quite adaptable, I think most designers base there designs starting with light and lucid.

I have spent almost 2 months trying to get My designs right for production, I suppose I am too much of a perfectionist.

Hey web design and css is not easy and we all learn off each other.

I am here to help, and just a pm away, I try and help where I can and understand fully that starting out with x-cart is not easy within all areas.

LOL .... Alan (The name says it all I guess)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:59 PM

eXpert

Hello everyone, no matter what I change in the main.css file my header will not increase to show the whole logo which is bt.jpg 615x177 in my header. Can some please help me with this. I just installed the new 4.3.1 version in a test directory at http://www.stitches4u.com/fresh_install/home.php and have started to make changes to my template to get the way it was on my orginal vs 4.1.10 site which is http://www.stitches4u.com. I have been working on this logo since yesterday. I am using a template from
http://x-cart-customization.com (Gambling Shop Template #1503) over the xcart Light & Lucid 3-column template. Thank you very much for your help. Shareen
X-Cart Version 4.5.0 with Smart Template vs 4.4.x
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM

eXpert

Never mind. I think I got it.
X-Cart Version 4.5.0 with Smart Template vs 4.4.x
Old 03-19-2010, 04:22 PM

Now what happens if I like head_linebg.gif but just want to change its color? Would I have to create a new .gif?

Thanks

Quote:
#header .line2 {
background:url("images/head_linebg.gif") repeat-x scroll center top transparent;
border-color:#CB480C -moz-use-text-color;
border-left:medium none;
border-right:medium none;
border-style:solid none;
border-width:1px medium;
color:#451300;
height:39px;
position:relative;
width:100%;

Higlighted in red is border..
Old 03-19-2010, 11:26 PM

Hey guys,
Sorry, have to come back to the same problem of enlarging logo again.

On the main page and product page, everything is fine. (Pix 01)
However, my larger logo is blocking some info on "Cart" and "Checkout" page. (Pix 02 - 03)

I guess editing main.css and moving yellow bar will not effect "Cart" and "Checkout" page.

Which file to fix???

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC-Page-01.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1895  Click image for larger version

Name:	SC-Page-02.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1896  Click image for larger version

Name:	SC-Page-03.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1897  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:40 AM

Veteran

You are using FLC - skin1/modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout. It has its own templates and style sheet files so you need to edit them as well

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
SiamContainer (03-20-2010)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design