Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Are they implying that I put all the entries in quotes then?

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 PM

X-Adept

I did, including "LOGIN"
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
Old 06-28-2010, 10:49 PM

X-Adept

OK - Running the Install script now and I am getting:
Critical dependencies
pdo PHP extension: disabled Required: enabled
pdo_mysql PHP extension: disabled Required: enabled

The strange thing is that in my Web Host Manager (WMH) I have these enabled... as defined under PHP Core Extensions

pdo.so, pdo_sqlite.so, sqlite.so, pdo_mysql.so, ixed.5.3.lin

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Perl 5.10.1
Old 06-28-2010, 10:52 PM

X-Adept

Oh... and I am getting this error as well:
Non-critical dependencies
Sendmail default 'FROM' address is empty: Recommended: Real e-mail address

But I actually do have that field filled out.

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Perl 5.10.1
Old 06-29-2010, 02:43 AM

X-Cart team

Vacman, both issues can be server-environment specific. We are not aware of such problems. However, could you report all the details at https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view_all_bug_page.php (you will be asked to enter your HelpDesk login and password, then select Project X-Payments there and post a new ticket)? If this turns to be a bug in XP we will fix it before official release which should happen within next few days.

Balinor & Doersam & Everybody-

I am very sorry for the delay. Saying sorry and helping customers here are the only things I can do now as we depend on the QSA now.

I do confirm that XP is ready for releasing, QSA didn't send us new issues and requests for changes, so we are just sitting and waiting for the final approval by some extremely slow QSA's officer. I guess they are overloaded or something. We could release XP v1.0 in beginning of June or earlier even as we started certification much earlier.

Our CTO Yury Zaitsev aka Zorg has just called the QSA reps and pushed them to move faster. We are expecting a scan of the paper with the approval today or over night. Once I have it I'll get it published here and we announce official release of X-Payments v1.0 within a day or so after that.
X-Payments product manager
Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 AM

X-Cart team

Yeah, the thing is that the audit visit happened in March. We received verbal confirmation of compliance. The only thing left is formal report. QSA delayed it till May and in early May sent us a notice of changes we had to implement before compliance is confirmed.

Three months were lost on that! We had to re-allocate the team back to X-Payments project and implement changes urgently. It took us one week to match the additional requirements.

I strongly believe that preliminary statement of compliance and late notice of changes required were very unprofessional of QSA. I deeply disappointed by the QSA company. That delay has undermined our ability to deliver otherwise ready X-Payments.

To all customers awaiting for X-Payments release: I apologize on behalf on QSA. I doubt they would every apologize themselves, though.

Our CTO (the one who manages X-Payments and our part of audit responsibilities) is constantly bumping the QSA on phone.
The latest news is that all checks are done and they are "doing the paperwork". They have assured us the software is all right and that they will issue the final compliance report on Monday. We will put a scan of it here as soon as it's done.

Once again, my apologies. I was very naive in thinking that 6 months in enough to pick QSA and pass the audit. We've made a choice of QSA in winter, 2009.

Twitter: @aznakai

Last edited by rrf : 06-29-2010 at 03:23 AM.

The following 2 users thank rrf for this useful post:
ambal (06-29-2010), balinor (06-29-2010)
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacman
OK - Running the Install script now and I am getting:
Critical dependencies
pdo PHP extension: disabled Required: enabled
pdo_mysql PHP extension: disabled Required: enabled

The strange thing is that in my Web Host Manager (WMH) I have these enabled... as defined under PHP Core Extensions

pdo.so, pdo_sqlite.so, sqlite.so, pdo_mysql.so, ixed.5.3.lin

Check to make sure you do not have a custom php.ini file in your site. If you do, this will remove the PDO settings. You can use the following knowledgebase article that we wrote to get around this issue:
http://billing.handsonwebhosting.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=306

The section in GREEN is what you're looking for. Granted this deals with a memory allocation issue (which is why most people make custom php.ini files), but you have to add in the part for Zend in order to work 100%. Zend Optimizer can probably be left off since it does not work on a PHP 5.3 system at this time.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 AM

Veteran

Conor, have you guys updated your servers to php 5.3? Any issues to look out for? Incompatibilities with anything X-Cart related?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Vacman, both issues can be server-environment specific. We are not aware of such problems. However, could you report all the details at https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view_all_bug_page.php (you will be asked to enter your HelpDesk login and password, then select Project X-Payments there and post a new ticket)? If this turns to be a bug in XP we will fix it before official release which should happen within next few days.

Balinor & Doersam & Everybody-

I am very sorry for the delay. Saying sorry and helping customers here are the only things I can do now as we depend on the QSA now.

I do confirm that XP is ready for releasing, QSA didn't send us new issues and requests for changes, so we are just sitting and waiting for the final approval by some extremely slow QSA's officer. I guess they are overloaded or something. We could release XP v1.0 in beginning of June or earlier even as we started certification much earlier.

Our CTO Yury Zaitsev aka Zorg has just called the QSA reps and pushed them to move faster. We are expecting a scan of the paper with the approval today or over night. Once I have it I'll get it published here and we announce official release of X-Payments v1.0 within a day or so after that.

Posting bugs at this time. BTW your SSL there has expired or is out of date....

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Perl 5.10.1
Old 06-29-2010, 07:41 AM

X-Man

Yeah- quick advise - don't do it hehe

We have a number of servers runing on the PHP 5.3 platform but users are hesitant to move to it because so many other programs are not compatible with the version due to the changes in code. Zend is a big holding back reason for many people. Between that and users having to patch currently "working" software in order to work on the PHP 5.3, people just don't want to make the investment or the move.

That said, we have a few dozen people using PHP 5.3 without issues. Even X-Cart itself, when patched, works on the PHP 5.3 wihtout much of a problem from what we've heard from our clients.

The communication for the general public hasn't been that great with regards to PA-DSS. I actually just talked to a guy yesterday who had no clue what PCI Compliance was, he just wanted his oscommerce store to work (a version from 2003). So it's not just here at X-Cart that people are experiencing frustration, it's the entire industry. People expect the PA-DSS to go the same way as PCI Compliance and not be enforced.

But with regards to PHP 5.3, as long as you disable the depreciation notices, install the patches needed for X-Cart, and then don't need Zend and the software you are using IS compatible on the PHP 5.3 version then there's no issue.

We're also doing some testing currently with PHP 5.3 and LightSpeed. We're still seeing PHP 5.2 ordered daily with web hosting, many people not making the switch yet.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance

The following user thanks bigredseo for this useful post:
ambal (06-29-2010)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements