Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Color coded order status...

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-03-2005, 10:15 AM

X-Adept

I think this mod should be stock feature in xcart right out of the can.

I can't tell you how much this really saves our time so much every day!

I totally streamlines many processes and you can use it in many different ways.

Good luck to you, hope you enjoy, and gret thanks to those with the original ideas and code work!

My hat is off to you
Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM

Advanced Member

Hi X-Man,

Thanks for the tip, I promise that I have read all four pages of this forum topic several times now, I have double checked and tripple checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpboss
You guys need to read the mod more carefully

Quote:
You need to modify skin1/main/orders_list.tpl

I have the orders_list.tpl in the same order as you showed here. However what I do not seem to be able to locate is the first series of steps referred to my "piper" in page 1 - It shows two methods to acheive this result:

Quote:
Next, open 'main/orders.tpl'. Find the part of the code where the 'section' loop begins. Replace everything between {section name=cat_num loop=$orders} and {/section}

This is where I do not see the appropriate place to add the {include file="main/orders_colors.tpl"} between all of the <td> tags for the cells that I have to affect.

I would be very appreciative if you could lead me in the right direction with this.

Thanks so much for reading and your support to the xcart community that I see throught this forum.
AOM, Fancy Categories
Marketing Manager,
Reward Points & Refer Rewards
Advanced Site Map
Easy Checkout

Gift & Homeware House
www.giftandhomewarehouse.com.au
Old 01-03-2005, 03:17 PM

X-Man

It's not two methods, it is for two different versions.

Look for my 4.0.5 code block in orders_list.tpl.

Add the code inside the TD tags. Make your order_colors.tpl file like my 4.0.5 version.

When PiperCub and I originally worked on this it was for version 3.4. I have since posted updated code for 3.5 and 4.0 and yes the affected files have changed.

Please read the whole thread to gain an insight to the mod, but you should only be using my 4.0.5 modifications if you are using 4.0.x!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:40 PM

Advanced Member

Hello X-Man,

Oh thank you so much for replying quick - you sure are fast

I see now what you mean that the code from piper is one version to the code you supplied.

I have followed all of your code and I dont see any change in my admin for orders.

As I am a newbie to the xcart scene can I ask a silly question but please dont hit me LOL

I have made a several dummy orders in the cart as I am in dev still not yet live and I dont see any change in the order process side of the admin.

"Where exactly in admin do you find the affects of this mod?"
AOM, Fancy Categories
Marketing Manager,
Advanced Site Map
Easy Checkout

Gift & Homeware House
Old 01-03-2005, 03:52 PM

X-Adept

list all orders

Open will be one color, failed and declined another, processed another and so on.

customers opening their orders will also see the difference in the colors of thier orders pending or completed.

If you have also opted for other color codes which is possible, you will find them in the add / modify products.

Low level = yellow, out of stock red, not made available to public grey, ok would be white etc.

this is depending on the color variations you have selected also.

You could have also added mini thumbnails for products in same section that would allow to you see if you have an available pic for a particular product.

This is an awesome mod with lots of versatility.

As ADP mentioned, it was avaialable a while back and I added it as soon as it came out.

LOVE IT!

Thanks to all that added to it.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:58 PM

X-Man

Graphical representation.

Go to orders, then search for orders

http://www.mnsi.net/~anand/Untitled-1.gif

Then you will see the various colours for different statuses

http://www.mnsi.net/~anand/Untitled-2.gif
Old 01-03-2005, 05:07 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Mark & X-Man,

Thank you both your patience and assistance with helping me to understand and get this mod working on my cart.

I have checekd the order list as you explained in both admin and as a logged in customer for order history and I dont see anything.

So i went back to the drawing board and I ensured that i have the files where they should be and the information correct as explained by X-man.

Just one thing to check with you if you could please lend me your help - pretty please - i will beg LOL

Where in my below skin1/main/products.tpl file do i add the start to finish color code mod?

Code:
{* $Id: products.tpl,v 1.32 2004/06/28 09:18:19 svowl Exp $ *} {if $products ne ""} <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript 1.2"> <!-- checkboxes_form = 'processproductform'; checkboxes = new Array({foreach from=$products item=v key=k}{if $k > 0},{/if}'productids[{$v.productid}]'{/foreach}); {include file="change_all_checkboxes.tpl"} --> </SCRIPT> <DIV style="line-height:170%">{$lng.lbl_check_all} / {$lng.lbl_uncheck_all}</DIV> <TABLE border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> {if $main eq "category_products"} {assign var="url_to" value="category_products.php?cat=`$cat`&page=`$navpage`"} {else} {assign var="url_to" value="search.php?mode=search&page=`$navpage`"} {/if} <TR class="TableHead"> <TD width="5"></TD> <TD nowrap>{if $search_prefilled.sort_field eq "productcode"}{include file="buttons/sort_pointer.tpl" dir=$search_prefilled.sort_direction}{/if}{$lng.lbl_sku}</TD> <TD width="100%" nowrap>{if $search_prefilled.sort_field eq "title"}{include file="buttons/sort_pointer.tpl" dir=$search_prefilled.sort_direction}{/if}{$lng.lbl_product}</TD> {if $main eq "category_products"} <TD nowrap>{if $search_prefilled.sort_field eq "orderby"}{include file="buttons/sort_pointer.tpl" dir=$search_prefilled.sort_direction}{/if}{$lng.lbl_pos}</TD> {/if} <TD nowrap>{if $search_prefilled.sort_field eq "quantity"}{include file="buttons/sort_pointer.tpl" dir=$search_prefilled.sort_direction}{/if}{$lng.lbl_quantity}</TD> <TD nowrap>{if $search_prefilled.sort_field eq "price"}{include file="buttons/sort_pointer.tpl" dir=$search_prefilled.sort_direction}{/if}{$lng.lbl_price} ({$config.General.currency_symbol})</TD> </TR> {section name=prod loop=$products} <TR{cycle values=", class=TableSubHead"}> <TD width="5"><INPUT type="checkbox" name="productids[{$products[prod].productid}]"></TD> <TD>{$products[prod].productcode}</TD> <TD width="100%">{if $products[prod].main eq "Y" or $main ne "category_products"}{/if}{$products[prod].product|truncate:35:"...":false}{if $products[prod].main eq "Y" or $main ne "category_products"}{/if}</TD> {if $main eq "category_products"} <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="10" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][orderby]" value="{$products[prod].orderby}"></TD> {/if} <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="10" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][avail]" value="{$products[prod].avail}"></TD> <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="15" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][price]" value="{$products[prod].price}"></TD> </TR> {/section} </TABLE> {/if}

Thanks in advance for your help guys
AOM, Fancy Categories
Marketing Manager,
Advanced Site Map
Easy Checkout

Gift & Homeware House
Old 01-03-2005, 05:10 PM

X-Man

Code:
{section name=prod loop=$products} <TR{cycle values=", class=TableSubHead"}> <TD width="5"><INPUT type="checkbox" name="productids[{$products[prod].productid}]"></TD> <TD>{$products[prod].productcode}</TD> <TD width="100%">{if $products[prod].main eq "Y" or $main ne "category_products"}{/if}{$products[prod].product|truncate:35:"...":false}{if $products[prod].main eq "Y" or $main ne "category_products"}{/if}</TD> {if $main eq "category_products"} <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="10" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][orderby]" value="{$products[prod].orderby}"></TD> {/if} <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="10" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][avail]" value="{$products[prod].avail}"></TD> <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="15" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][price]" value="{$products[prod].price}"></TD> </TR> {/section}

You owe me $7000 now.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:14 PM

X-Man

Please stop calling me X-Man. I have a name.

If you take your time and read, you will learn things which will help you modify your store in the future. I am not your paid assistant, and this has all been covered.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:31 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Code:
{section name=prod loop=$products} <TR{cycle values=", class=TableSubHead"}> <TD width="5"><INPUT type="checkbox" name="productids[{$products[prod].productid}]"></TD> <TD>{$products[prod].productcode}</TD> <TD width="100%">{if $products[prod].main eq "Y" or $main ne "category_products"}{/if}{$products[prod].product|truncate:35:"...":false}{if $products[prod].main eq "Y" or $main ne "category_products"}{/if}</TD> {if $main eq "category_products"} <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="10" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][orderby]" value="{$products[prod].orderby}"></TD> {/if} <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="10" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][avail]" value="{$products[prod].avail}"></TD> <TD><INPUT type="text" size="9" maxlength="15" name="posted_data[{$products[prod].productid}][price]" value="{$products[prod].price}"></TD> </TR> {/section}

You owe me $7000 now.

ROFL,

Looks like your getting cheaper by the day ADP.

Last time I think he charged a guy $8000.00 for the same info.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions