Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Add a UPS "track it" button to customer email

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 AM

Advanced Member

Exclamation Re: Add a UPS "track it" button to customer email

If there would be an ingenious way to tie these two mods in together.. it would be great

"track it" button in customer email

and

ability to select shipping carrier for tracking numbers

Both of these simple mods are excellent. If the customer could somehow get a link in their email with the corresponding carrier selected, it would be perfect (instead of using iship.com or google)

Thanks a lot!
X-Cart Gold v4.1.10
Old 12-20-2007, 04:13 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Add a UPS "track it" button to customer email

FedEx & USPS as well....

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
If there would be an ingenious way to tie these two mods in together.. it would be great

"track it" button in customer email

and

ability to select shipping carrier for tracking numbers

Both of these simple mods are excellent. If the customer could somehow get a link in their email with the corresponding carrier selected, it would be perfect (instead of using iship.com or google)
for X-Cart v4.1.8
try this, replace your skin1/mail/html/order_customer_complete.tpl with the one below:
Code:
{* $Id: order_customer_complete.tpl,v 1.10 2006/03/31 05:51:43 svowl Exp $ *} {config_load file="$skin_config"} {include file="mail/html/mail_header.tpl"} <p />{$lng.eml_dear|substitute:"customer":"`$customer.title` `$customer.firstname` `$customer.lastname`"}, <p />{$lng.eml_order_complete} <br> This is confirmation that the products you ordered have been shipped to you! <br> Shipping usually takes 3-5 days depending on your location. <br> {if $order.tracking} Your {$order.shipping_vendor} tracking number is {$order.tracking} <br> Please allow up to 24 hours for the {$order.shipping_vendor} tracking system to update this information. {/if} <hr size="1" noshade="noshade" /> <p /> <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tr> <td width="20%"><b>{$lng.lbl_order_id}:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> <td width="80%"><tt>#{$order.orderid}</tt></td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>{$lng.lbl_order_date}:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> <td><tt>{$order.date|date_format:$config.Appearance.datetime_format}</tt></td> </tr> {if $order.tracking} <tr> <td><b>{$lng.lbl_tracking_number}:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> <td><tt>{$order.tracking}</tt></td> <tr> <td><b>Track your order:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> {assign var="postal_service" value=$order.shipping_vendor|truncate:3:"":true} <td><tt> {if $postal_service eq "UPS"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/ups.tpl"} {elseif $postal_service eq "DHL"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/dhl.tpl"} {elseif $postal_service eq "USP"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/usps.tpl"} {elseif $postal_service eq "Fed"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/fedex.tpl"} {else $order.tracking} {/if} {/if} </tt></td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">{include file="mail/html/order_data.tpl"}</td> </tr> </table> {include file="mail/html/signature.tpl"}

- MoonDog -
Old 12-30-2007, 08:40 AM

Advanced Member

Hello,

I woul like to add a "Track it!" button to the email order complete that redirects to the coliposte tracking website which will allow the customer to click the button in the email and to be redirected to the coliposte tracking page.

In "eml_order_complete", I have created a button with a hyperlink inside: <A href="http://www.coliposte.net/particulier/suivi_particulier.jsp?colispart "tracking number".

So the client will be redirected to the Coliposte website and will see automaticaly his shipping state without writing his tracking number in the Coliposte website.

I woul like that the tracking number word will be automatically replaced by the tracking number I put in my administration area.

Thank you,

David
X-cart 4.1.9.
FRANCE

Old 12-31-2007, 04:23 PM

Advanced Member

David,

Try this:

Code:
<A href="http://www.coliposte.net/particulier/suivi_particulier.jsp?colispart={$order.tracking}">

That should work.

- MoonDog -
Old 01-02-2008, 08:45 AM

Advanced Member

Looks great, thanks for the update! Is there a way to have that 'track it' button in the email direct to the UPS site and pull up direct information?

I had the mod implemented before where it populates the field automatically and provides information. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
for X-Cart v4.1.8
try this, replace your skin1/mail/html/order_customer_complete.tpl with the one below:
Code:
{* $Id: order_customer_complete.tpl,v 1.10 2006/03/31 05:51:43 svowl Exp $ *} {config_load file="$skin_config"} {include file="mail/html/mail_header.tpl"} <p />{$lng.eml_dear|substitute:"customer":"`$customer.title` `$customer.firstname` `$customer.lastname`"}, <p />{$lng.eml_order_complete} <br> This is confirmation that the products you ordered have been shipped to you! <br> Shipping usually takes 3-5 days depending on your location. <br> {if $order.tracking} Your {$order.shipping_vendor} tracking number is {$order.tracking} <br> Please allow up to 24 hours for the {$order.shipping_vendor} tracking system to update this information. {/if} <hr size="1" noshade="noshade" /> <p /> <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tr> <td width="20%"><b>{$lng.lbl_order_id}:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> <td width="80%"><tt>#{$order.orderid}</tt></td> </tr> <tr> <td><b>{$lng.lbl_order_date}:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> <td><tt>{$order.date|date_format:$config.Appearance.datetime_format}</tt></td> </tr> {if $order.tracking} <tr> <td><b>{$lng.lbl_tracking_number}:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> <td><tt>{$order.tracking}</tt></td> <tr> <td><b>Track your order:</b></td> <td width="10">&nbsp;</td> {assign var="postal_service" value=$order.shipping_vendor|truncate:3:"":true} <td><tt> {if $postal_service eq "UPS"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/ups.tpl"} {elseif $postal_service eq "DHL"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/dhl.tpl"} {elseif $postal_service eq "USP"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/usps.tpl"} {elseif $postal_service eq "Fed"} {include file="modules/Order_Tracking/fedex.tpl"} {else $order.tracking} {/if} {/if} </tt></td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">{include file="mail/html/order_data.tpl"}</td> </tr> </table> {include file="mail/html/signature.tpl"}

- MoonDog -
X-Cart Gold v4.1.10
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 PM

Advanced Member

Hi samz724,

Quote:
Is there a way to have that 'track it' button in the email direct to the UPS site and pull up direct information?

That's strange. It should automatically pull up all the direct information from the UPS site. It worked when I tried it and I just tested it again and it's still working.

Here's a UPS tracking number: 1Z E10 0R8 03 4150 942 1
that I tried and it works OK from both the customer, administrator and the email tracking button. Use that number and see if that works.

Did you try the DHL, FedEx and USPS tracking and did that work for you, or is only the UPS tracking not working? All of them work O.K. for me.

- MoonDog -
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 AM

Advanced Member

The only one that seems to work is the FedEx. I tried different numbers for each carrier and checked them manually to see if they were good, but they all lead me to the corresponding website and a blank box to enter the tracking #.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Hi samz724,

That's strange. It should automatically pull up all the direct information from the UPS site. It worked when I tried it and I just tested it again and it's still working.

Here's a UPS tracking number: 1Z E10 0R8 03 4150 942 1
that I tried and it works OK from both the customer, administrator and the email tracking button. Use that number and see if that works.

Did you try the DHL, FedEx and USPS tracking and did that work for you, or is only the UPS tracking not working? All of them work O.K. for me.

- MoonDog -
X-Cart Gold v4.1.10
Old 06-30-2008, 04:38 AM

X-Man

I am having a problem with this also. It appears that the tracking number is not being transmitted to the UPS or USPS web sites (the only ones I tested). I even tried reformatting the tracking number and inserting the goofy spaces in each of them. The tracking number appears in the email just as it is formatted in x-cart, but it is still a "no-go" when it comes to appearing in the form at UPS or USPS. Any ideas?
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 08-20-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
I am having a problem with this also. It appears that the tracking number is not being transmitted to the UPS or USPS web sites (the only ones I tested). I even tried reformatting the tracking number and inserting the goofy spaces in each of them. The tracking number appears in the email just as it is formatted in x-cart, but it is still a "no-go" when it comes to appearing in the form at UPS or USPS. Any ideas?

Here is what I have for UPS in my order complete and it works fine:

Code:
{if $order.tracking} <tr> <td>Your UPS {$lng.lbl_tracking_number}: is</td> <td width=10></td><br> <td><tt><span class="normaljump">{$order.tracking}</span></tt></td> </tr> <tr> <td>{$lng.lbl_ups_link}</td> <td width=10></td> <td><tt><a href="http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&Requester=NES&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&loc=en_US&tracknum={$order.tracking}">TRACK IT</a></tt> </td> </tr> {/if}
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions