Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

eBay integration for X-Cart by Kosmos Central

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: eBay integration for X-Cart by Kosmos Central

We had Kosmos do the install for us. It just made sense in our case. It was well worth the cost. It is a great mod.
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 AM

I got around my 500 error ... my fault - I had reverted back to the original files using an older version of one of the php files ...

BUT then I decided to re-install, thinking that I had made the manual installation changes to the wrong version as well, so I made sure I had the right version this time and tried again.

Alas - no go. The installation failed on the same 3 files, and following the instruction to manually make the changes did nothing to change my first result ... as soon as I clicked on the ebay settings option, the system came back with an error. But then I found ONE of the problems. The installation instructions for the event that you have to manually change the files omitted a "comma"! I fixed that, tried to run the ebay settings again, but alas, now I get that 500 error again.

OK - enough is enough. I backed out of the install (successfully this time!) and will try it again in a few months when things are hopefully more stable.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:42 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femorg
I got around my 500 error ... my fault - I had reverted back to the original files using an older version of one of the php files ...

BUT then I decided to re-install, thinking that I had made the manual installation changes to the wrong version as well, so I made sure I had the right version this time and tried again.

Alas - no go. The installation failed on the same 3 files, and following the instruction to manually make the changes did nothing to change my first result ... as soon as I clicked on the ebay settings option, the system came back with an error. But then I found ONE of the problems. The installation instructions for the event that you have to manually change the files omitted a "comma"! I fixed that, tried to run the ebay settings again, but alas, now I get that 500 error again.

OK - enough is enough. I backed out of the install (successfully this time!) and will try it again in a few months when things are hopefully more stable.

Hello, the installation has been stable for months now and the software hasn't changed. There was an update though to the way the licensing is being handled a few days ago (specific to this x-cart launch), and you should be fine if this was part of your problem. Please follow the installation instructions thoroughly, identify the server requirements (Ion Cube Loader is Needed) and you shouldn't run into any problems.

If you're still having problems installing the module, I recommend purchasing an installation package.

Thank You,
Alex
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos
Hello, the installation has been stable for months now and the software hasn't changed. There was an update though to the way the licensing is being handled a few days ago (specific to this x-cart launch), and you should be fine if this was part of your problem. Please follow the installation instructions thoroughly, identify the server requirements (Ion Cube Loader is Needed) and you shouldn't run into any problems.

If you're still having problems installing the module, I recommend purchasing an installation package.

Thank You,
Alex

My interpretation of a stable installation is when following the instructions, the system works.

Having been in the IT world for over 25 years, I was able to carefully follow the instructions (Ioncube, crons, etc.), but the install was unable to patch the following 3 files:

admin/configuration.php
include/product_modify.php
include/history_order.php

When I manually applied the patch (which by the way, there is a very minor error - missed additional comma - in the instructions for patching the "configuration.php" file), the system did not function. Going to the settings option under the new ebay tab resulted in a blank screen.

But when I reverted the "configuration.php" file to before the patch, the system seemed to work (at least the settings option did). But of course, without the code in this file I assume that it won't work completely.

My 4.4.2 installation is pretty much vanilla, so the install "should" work ... I have a very small store and an even smaller budget, so purchasing the $100 installation is not an option for me. I was hopeful that after this ebay installation, my budget would grow! But I am most certainly open to suggestions on how to get around this error ...
Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos

Thank You,
Alex

hi, alex, do you have a demo HTML Template Code for the ebay tamplate, i believe that will be much easy for me who are not familiar with it, thanks

albert
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM

hi, how often should the cron jobs set, thanks

albert
Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Advanced Member

Setting your cron to make updates every 30-60 minutes, should be fine. You can also search eBay's forums for community suggestions if needed. You don't want your account to get FLAGGED by connecting too often, to eBay's servers.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Yeah, so for for me this is a no go! I even paid the $100 for the install to Kosmos, but it still doesn't work. Now they want another $100 to look at the problem.

I think they need to be honest and say this is a custom mode that they will install for $X hundred dollars and then you can use it. I doubt it works out of the box for just about anybody.

Not sure how much money I can throw at software that I am not even 100% sure will work for what I need.
xMenus
Predictive Search
BSC Shipping Per Product
Kosmos eBay Integration - Trying it out
Not quite live - looking for eBay solution
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM

Hello sphudson, and new X-cart eBay users.

The eBay module requires your store to be unlocked to work. The eBay integration requires the domain to be publicly accessible in order for direct communication with eBay web services and the web store. Pay attention to private firewalls and web protected folders, etc.

A resolution if needed, just add your secure SHOP KEY to your cron.

Also, if you feel your crons are setup correctly via CPANEL or other Webmaster portal, review your .htaccess files for conflicts with your redirects and the cron files.

Alex

The following user thanks alexskoro for this useful post:
rocky (04-10-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 AM

Installed as per instructions but can't see the admin pages ! 500 error tried to restore the admin folder from my back up but still 500 error and no page.
Any ideas what is going on, I have placed php.ini in the admin folder, modules, going to have to do a full restore I think just to access the admin panel, one step failed during install "Step 14. Modify skin/common_files/single/home.tpl" but I updated that file myself so can't see where I went wrong
www.greendazehydroponics.co.uk
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements