No thanks.

www.uncionmusic.com
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 PM

Default Re: f-Commerce Go has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtrack
I agree with Supercanon, I bought mine Dec 26 2011
No thanks.

If you bought the FB module on 26 Dec 2011 then raises a serious concern. The x-cart newsletter says that facebook announced the "new" system on 30 Sep 11. So x-cart was aware of the change when they sold you the "old" module in December. They knew that they were selling you something with 6 months life....
Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 AM

X-Cart team

First of all, thank you. We appreciate any feedback, positive or not.

The fact is that the FBML technology is almost dead and there is not our fault. The ⌠FacebookTab■ module stays live till the FBML-engine is disabled by Facebook engineers. However you still the owner of lifetime license of FacebookTab FBML version and can use it until Facebook-team stops the FBML working. It like if all hosting companies stop using PHP and start using other cgi script.

f-Commerce go - is totally new module and technology. And we are in our right to do new purchases for it. However we think of our existing users and try to find the best offer for exchange for new module.
⌠f-Commerce Go■ provides more features than the ⌠FacebookTab■, it has entirely new engine and another philosophy. The part of it is a hosted solution so we have to spend time and resources to support it, that is why the ⌠Silver■ f-Commerce plan costs a fee.
The on-time paynig licenses for such service is unprofitable.
However we decided to give a discount to existing ⌠FacebookTab■ owners. We think It▓s a good deal.

Also there is the free ⌠Basic■ plan. It is simple and doesn▓t require much resources.

The following user thanks soldatov for this useful post:
qualiteam (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 AM

What aggravated me the most is that nobody told me that this would happen before, one of my reasons to choose xcart was the Facebook Tab.
And if you bought this app on December 26, 2011, it hurts if you can only use it for six months.
I am going to build another 3 shops, but I am going to look definitely what other software options are on the market.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtrack
What aggravated me the most is that nobody told me that this would happen before, one of my reasons to choose xcart was the Facebook Tab.
And if you bought this app on December 26, 2011, it hurts if you can only use it for six months.
I am going to build another 3 shops, but I am going to look definitely what other software options are on the market.

And that's why we are providing a 50% discount for subscription plans for all the owners of FacebookTab license.

We hope you will choose X-Cart with f-Commerce Go. The new product will be improved all the time and here are the ideas which will be implemented by our team: integration with OpenGraph API, integration with Pinterest, checkout on the FB side.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 AM

X-Cart team

Good news!

We have released a new version of "f-Commerce" integration module. It's ready for downloading.

Here the list of changes:
  • Corrections on the products list. The detailed list descriptions HTML tags are stripped to avoid the main layout breakage by an unclosed tags.
  • Improvement on the product details page. The product description content is parsing to find and replace relative links and images sources (a[href] and img[src]). All the links in the product description now leads to a new tab or window (target='_blank').
  • Small corrections in the 'modules/fCommerce_Go/tpls/customer/product_options_prepare.tpl' template. Related to the default product variant image.
  • Fixed bug related to the $smarty pre-filters. When templates are cached and a product with options is not adding to the cart (displayed the "check_options not defined" js-error).
  • Improvement in errors handling. Now the module should continue its running even fatal error has occurred. The errors are passing to the Facebook-part and the page-admin can see them.
  • Module install correction. The "snapshot generating" step now missed.
  • Added a new option to the module admin-side, named "Products per page". It controls the default products amount on the product list pages.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

qualiteam (03-30-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM

To upgrade to the new version, do we have to install it or just copy the files over the existing ones?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 PM

I just installed this mod without any problem and plan to use the free version for the next little while. When I go to the products tab in FB I get this error:

The site https://www.mysite.com/ returned following errors: Fatal error: Call to undefined function onsale_load_sales_for_cat() in /home/mysite/public_html/modules/On_Sale/onsale_home.php on line 34

(Note: I've edited my domain from the error msg)

All of my featured items in the home category are are on sale using Altered Cart's On Sale mod. Any ideas how to fix the error without having to remove the special sales I have set up?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 PM

X-Cart team

to denlem:
Just copy the files over the existing ones. It's not necessary to re-install.

to heather@MX1:
open the %xcart_root%/fcommerce.php
and paste the following code under the "The further processing" comment (before the "if (isset($is_installed))" condition):
HTML Code:
// On Sale :: www.alteredcart.com // if ($active_modules['On_Sale']) require $xcart_dir."/modules/On_Sale/onsale_sessions.php"; // End On Sale //

qualiteam (03-30-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM

to heather@MX1:
open the %xcart_root%/fcommerce.php
and paste the following code under the "The further processing" comment (before the "if (isset($is_installed))" condition):
HTML Code:
// On Sale :: www.alteredcart.com // if ($active_modules['On_Sale']) require $xcart_dir."/modules/On_Sale/onsale_sessions.php"; // End On Sale //
[/quote]

Thank you Constantin, that worked. Only problem now is that the thumbnail images are not showing as well as the add to cart.

EDITED: I traced the thumb image not showing to the fact that it seems to be called as https rather than http - when I edit it using firebug to http the image shows up. I just don't know where I would fix this? There's still the problem with the "details" button not showing either.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements