Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pulling product product attributes into quantity_box.twig

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 07-03-2019, 08:07 AM

Default Pulling product product attributes into quantity_box.twig

I am trying to modify the quantity box style based on a product attribute. I've been able to do what I want on the product page by calling getAttributeInfo() in quantity_box.twip. However, quantity_box.twip is also used on the cart page and getAttributeInfo() fails there. How can I get a product attribute in quantity_box.twip when on the cart page?

I discovered I can get attributes in /customer/shopping_cart/parts/item.qty.twig by calling getSortedAttributeValues(), but there are two problems. First, there seems to be a bug where getSortedAttributeValues() will only get an attribute if there is more than one value. Second, I can't figure out a way to get a value from item.qty.twig to quantity_box.twip. It seems so strange to me that I can print out the attribute value I want to use next to the quantity box on the cart page, but not be able to do anything with it in quantity_box.twip.

I'm new to this type of programming, so I'm guessing I'm missing some concepts. But boy, this seems far more more difficult to do than it should be.

Thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)