Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

have you tried the generate html catalog feature?
- Custom AJAX Swatch color preview based on extjs
- Custom Layout

Managing: http://www.hotsutra.com (Not work safe) Adult toy store.
- Currently developing custom mods, to be disclosed once complete and deployed.

contact info: jgarcia at tdg-i.com
Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 PM

I'm currently using X-Cart version 4.1.6. I tried to make changes to file include/get_language.php. I can't find the following code in file include/get_language.php (per XC-SEO v1.5 Step IV. of installation instruction).

Code:
if (!preg_match('!(\.htm(l)?|/$)!',$_tmp["path"])) { func_header_location($l_redirect); }

Am I doing anything wrong?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebekisses.com
I'm very happy to report that this works great in dev, apache 2.0, php 4.3.9

Going to compile apache (latest) + php 5x. we'll see what happens.

i'll report on what happened.

Very pleased to report that it works well with the following:

php 5.2.1
Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7l DAV/2 PHP/5.2.1
- Custom AJAX Swatch color preview based on extjs
- Custom Layout

Managing: http://www.hotsutra.com (Not work safe) Adult toy store.
- Currently developing custom mods, to be disclosed once complete and deployed.

contact info: jgarcia at tdg-i.com
Old 03-25-2007, 04:08 PM

Anyone else not finding the code int he core file? This is a brand new install with the latest download.

Code:
III. includes/func/func.core.php =================== RECOMMENDED: The following change to "func.core.php" is recommended to help prevent search engines from picking up Sesson IDs when visiting X-Cart. This *issue* has been reported to X-Cart devs and will be fixed in the next release of X-Cart (4.1.4). NOTE: This change is for X-Cart 4.1.x series. Owners of 4.0.x, please verify if this alteration is needed. ----------- Find Code: ----------- if (!empty($XCARTSESSID) && !isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$XCART_SESSION_NAME]) && !eregi("$XCART_SESSION_NAME=", $location)) { $location .= ((strpos($location, '?') != false)?'&':'?')."$XCART_SESSION_NAME=".$XCARTSESSID; } ------------ Replace With ------------ if (!empty($XCARTSESSID) && !isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$XCART_SESSION_NAME]) && !eregi("$XCART_SESSION_NAME=", $location) && !defined('IS_ROBOT')) { $location .= ((strpos($location, '?') != false)?'&':'?')."$XCART_SESSION_NAME=".$XCARTSESSID; }

This is the closest thing I can find but it looks like it may have already been fixed

Code:
if (!empty($XCARTSESSID) && (!isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$XCART_SESSION_NAME]) || defined("SESSION_ID_CHANGED")) && !eregi("$XCART_SESSION_NAME=", $location) && !defined('IS_ROBOT')) { $added[] = $XCART_SESSION_NAME."=".$XCARTSESSID; }
Old 03-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Advanced Member

"XC SEO functions similarly to DSEFU, in that it requires 0 template edits, and writes all Product/Manufacturer/Category/Static Page urls to .html page aliases: sitename.com/categoryname.html

In the near future, I intend to release a version that will function similar to the original XC SEO release (and similar to CDSEO), with the ability to rewrite urls using categories as folders: sitename.com/category1/category2/productname.html"

Has this mod been made?
Apache/2.2.6
OS - Linux
Old 04-02-2007, 10:05 AM

Advanced Member

My host does not use apache, can CDSEO be used with Zeus? If so, does the .htaccess need to changed to comply with Zeus syntax?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 AM

eXpert

Any word on an update for 4.1.6? The code in froogle.php seems to have changed somewhat.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 04-05-2007, 01:42 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayk
Any word on an update for 4.1.6? The code in froogle.php seems to have changed somewhat.

Cheers,
Jason

Nevermind. I feel like a dolt. I was looking at the 4.1.x instructions and if one follows the 4.1.3 instructions, the froogle code matches up.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 04-05-2007, 09:00 PM

eXpert

I spoke too soon. The Froogle export seems to work fine, but after uploading the bulk listing file, there are errors from Google Base complaining of a possible missing delimiter. I'm not much of a coder, but I'll see if I can figure it out and post the modules/froogle.php part of the mod for 4.1.6.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 AM

eXpert

Just a minor change in the modification for modules/Froogle/froogle.php for X-Cart 4.1.6:

-----------
Find Code:
-----------
Code:
if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../../"); die("Access denied"); }

------------
After, Add
------------
Code:
############################################################ # X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/ ############################################################ if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])) { include $xcart_dir."/modules/XC_SEO/loader.seo.php"; } # END SEO

This next part is the part with the small change:

-----------
Find Code:
-----------
Code:
# Post string $post = func_froogle_convert($product['product'], 80)."\t". func_froogle_convert($product['descr'], 65536)."\t". $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t". $tmbn."\t"

------------
Replace With
------------
Code:
############################################################ # X-CART-SEO Mod :: http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/ ############################################################ # The following has been commented out and replaced # # # Post string # $post = func_froogle_convert($product['product'], 80)."\t". # func_froogle_convert($product['descr'], 65536)."\t". # $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t". # $tmbn."\t". # # SEO replacement code begin # # Post string if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])){ # Build SEO URL $prod_url = $seo->_product_callback(array(false,'','productid='.$product['productid'],'',''), true, $product['product']); $post = func_froogle_convert($product['product'], 80)."\t". func_froogle_convert($product['descr'], 65536)."\t". $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/".$prod_url."\t"; }else{ $post = func_froogle_convert($product['product'], 80)."\t". func_froogle_convert($product['descr'], 65536)."\t". $froogle_location.constant("DIR_CUSTOMER")."/product.php?productid=".$product['productid']."\t"; } $post .= $tmbn."\t". # End SEO

This is working on my store. The changes to includes/func/func.core.php seem to be unnecessary in 4.1.6. The includes/get_language.php file is different in 4.1.6 than it was in 4.1.3. I don't have the language selector enabled on my site, so I can't confirm the effect of not modifying that file.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,
Jason
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions