Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Site map page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 02-24-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Site map page

Hello,

Just a modification from html_sucks' displaying categories tree. This MOD allows for a "site map" type page.

You can check it out at: http://mascotasmexico.com/tienda/sitemap.php (please consider that this is a live shop!)

Hope you'll find it useful !

1. Create file "sitemap.php" on your xcart root directory

Code:
<?php require "./auth.php"; require $xcart_dir."/include/categories.php"; $smarty->assign("main","sitemap"); func_display("customer/home.tpl", $smarty); ?>

2. Create template skin1/customer/sitemap.tpl

Code:
{* $Id: sitemap.tpl,v 1.00 2005/02/24 09:53:29 max Exp $ *} {capture name=sitemap} <ul> {*** start unordered list***} {section name=l1_cat_num loop=$allcategories} {*** loop ALL categories ***} {if $allcategories[l1_cat_num].parentid eq 0} {*** loop root categories/parentid 0 - level 1***}[*]{$allcategories[l1_cat_num].category} {if $allcategories[l1_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0} {*** check if root cat has child cats ***} <ul> {section name=l2_cat_num loop=$allcategories} {*** loop through sub cats with matching parent id ***} {if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].parentid eq $allcategories[l1_cat_num].categoryid}[*]{$allcategories[l2_cat_num].category} {if $allcategories[l2_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0} {*** check if parent has child cats***} <ul> {section name=l3_cat_num loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[l3_cat_num].parentid eq $allcategories[l2_cat_num].categoryid}[*]{$allcategories[l3_cat_num].category} {if $allcategories[l3_cat_num].subcategory_count gt 0} {*** check if parent has child cats***} <ul> {section name=l4_cat_num loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[l4_cat_num].parentid eq $allcategories[l3_cat_num].categoryid}[*]{$allcategories[l4_cat_num].category} {/if}{/section}[/list] {/if}{/if}{/section}[/list] {/if}{/if}{/section}[/list] {/if}{/if}{/section}[/list]{/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title="Site map" content=$smarty.capture.sitemap extra="width=100%"}

3. Add the following lines near the bottom of skin1/customer/home_main.tpl

Code:
{* Lines added for sitemap *} {elseif $main eq "sitemap"} {include file="customer/sitemap.tpl"} {* End of added lines *} {else} {include file="common_templates.tpl"} {/if}

Finally, add a call to sitemap.php somewhere. For example: to add it at the bottom of the categories menu, alter skin1/customer/categories.tpl near the bottom:

Code:
<FONT class="CategoriesList">Site map</FONT> {/capture} { include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }

Enjoy!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:19 AM

X-Adept

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for!
I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks alot fernando!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:46 AM

X-Adept

It works great fernando!
Any ideas how to include other (help)menu links and maybe
also products?

And thanks again for sharing this mod.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrad
It works great fernando!
Any ideas how to include other (help)menu links and maybe
also products?

I'm glad you liked it! Including products would be a bit harder, both on the php side (retrieving the products lists for each category) and the tpl (displaying it nicely). I guess this would make sense for a store with very few products, but not so much for a store with many products as the results would be pretty ugly (not to mention the download times!)

What kind of help menu are you referring to?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 PM

No offense taken, on the contrary I too think it's great to see that, even though XC is a commercial software, people take advantage of the fact that is an OpenSource product and share their improvements on this product.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM

X-Adept

Thisone also looks great!
And for that 'price' I'm going to give it a try, markwoo
Old 02-24-2005, 01:28 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrad
Thisone also looks great!
And for that 'price' I'm going to give it a try, markwoo

Well, just to state again, I have seen multiple "For Sale" mods for the site maps and I am sure there are multiple features that make them great, but since Fernando has added this FREE mod Kudos to him for this.

The site link I sent to you is from a site I have stumbled accross and it appears that you can add custom links and that was what I needed to do as well.

I am going to try to add this to the cart this weekend and give it a shot.

I think the biggest plus was they were also giving it away for a little info and that to me was cheap enough.

Again, Kudos out to Fernando for his contribution!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:57 AM

That looks great Fernando! Is it compatable with 3.5.x? I've been looking for a simple site map mod, and this looks like it may be it!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:03 PM

I'm not sure if it will work with 3.5 as is, it just might... Since I entered X-Cart at 4.0x, didn't have the chance to test it against previous versions.

Please feel free to try it with 3.5 (I would strongly suggest you try it on a test server, even though this mod doesn't really have impact on existing code nor data, but better be on the ultra-safe side ) and do let me know if it worked for you.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:35 PM

eXpert

markwhoo,

Hmmm, looks like the link to your sitemap is broken.

Anyway, I'm going to try Fernando's site map, looks good.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions