Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

HELP!!! GETTING ERRORS IN 3.4.3.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 07-15-2003, 12:25 PM

eXpert

Default HELP!!! GETTING ERRORS IN 3.4.3.

When im in the Admin area Editing language entries for example i wantd to change the text on: txt_today_news. I do this and click "apply changes" and all i get is this error:

INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's news', value='This area can hold your latest news. Your users can subscribe to' at line 1
SQL QUERY FAILURE: UPDATE xcart_languages SET descr='Today's news', value='This area can hold your latest news. Your users can subscribe to your newsletter using the form below.' WHERE code='US' AND name='txt_today_news'

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/adul78/adulttoydiscounters-www/AStore/include/func.php:93) in /home/adul78/adulttoydiscounters-www/AStore/include/func.php on line 163

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how i can fix it. The text im trying to change stays the same also.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:37 PM

X-Adept

The quick fix is not to use apostrophes. The problem is "Today's News."

This is an x-cart bug, and will probably be fixed soon (if there's enough noise here on the forum about it).

My suggestion is just to use "Latest News" for now and post a message about this in your x-cart members area. Hopefully they'll fix it and put this fix into the main code. If they don't get back to you, I'm sure someone will post code here on the forum.

Hope this helps!

--Kurt
Old 07-16-2003, 02:52 AM

eXpert

Default Where do I find the file?

hi,

thanks for the reply, however where do i find the file to change? Its not found in the "Edit language entries" area of Admin.

Thanks!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design