Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments v1.0.6 released

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 02-15-2013, 02:39 PM

Default Re: X-Payments v1.0.6 released

Upgraded successfully to 1.0.6, it's working fine with my live site running 4.4.5. However, I'm working on a new version of the site which I just upgraded to 4.5.5.

The hangup I'm having is this - I'm trying to add X-Payments as a payment method now - when in the X-Payments Connector, I click on "Import payment methods". It says it is successful, but nothing shows up under the payment methods screen. Ideas?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 PM

Smile Re: X-Payments v1.0.6 released

The set of this one is a lot nicer.... This should make customers happy
Old 02-16-2013, 06:32 PM

I have xcart 4.5.2, will xpayments 1.0.6 work well with it?
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker
I have xcart 4.5.2, will xpayments 1.0.6 work well with it?

It will work fine with any X-Cart version that has X-Payments connector installed or built-in, but if you want the iFrame integration - it works with 4.5.5+ versions.
X-Payments product manager
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM

eXpert

Carpeperdiem, when I upgraded from X-Payments 1.04 to 1.05, I did what you are considering. I have 5 stores that use X-Payments. I consider it risky to commit to widespread use of a new version of ANY software before sampling the new version for a while, so I temporarily had both versions running (same site, different directories) while I made sure that 1.05 was ok. I waited maybe a week before moving all stores over to 1.05.

I plan to do the same this week when I make the move to 1.06. I'm looking forward to fewer dupe orders and not finished orders. I also plan to try the 4.5.5 iframe on one site, and if all goes well like you I'll be spending time (months?) upgrading all 5 modified, templated stores to 4.5.5. I hope they stay there a while.

Our business was down this past holiday season. I don't like anything that spooks a customer during checkout.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 AM

eXpert

Default X-Payments 1.0.6 on 4.5.3 not so good so far

I set up a 4.5.5 store as planned using my 'mobile' license, but have had trouble in moving the license under the 'My Licenses' tab at the Help Desk. I wrote for help on that.

Meanwhile, I still wanted to try 1.0.6, so instead tried to get it running on a live 4.5.3 store currently using 1.0.5.

Initially there was in "Internal Error" message that came up and the credit card form never appeared. The error log said to go into X-Payments and approve a template file change, which I did and the error went away. I don't recall this happening when I went from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5. I personally changed no files.

After that 1.0.6 would show the card form and the cards would be charged, but would not return the customer to the site. The screen would be all white except in the upper left corner it says "Please wait while processing the payment details ...".

If an order is canceled while on the payment page, the customer sees a totally white page.

Behavior is the same on Chrome and FF. Trying it with the store both off and on made no difference.

Checking the forum for similar experiences, what I saw did not seem to match my case. So I decided to put 1.05 back into service.

Initially it behaved the same, so I did a round of payment method deletion, cache clearing, etc and 1.0.5 eventually returned to behave as it did before.

I see nothing in the error logs to suggest why X-Payments 1.0.6 would not take me back to the site in any case. When (if?) my 4.5.5 test site license gets moved I'll have more time to check it out because it won't be a real site and I don't have to worry about loss of sales. I may also clone the 4.5.3 onto the test site and try it that way.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Successful transaction info reported back to X-Cart did NOT includes a transaction ID. Is this another example of not reporting back?
EDIT2: Oops. I just realized that I changed X-Payments versions and the 1.0.6 is unable to report back now.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N
Upgraded successfully to 1.0.6, it's working fine with my live site running 4.4.5. However, I'm working on a new version of the site which I just upgraded to 4.5.5.

The hangup I'm having is this - I'm trying to add X-Payments as a payment method now - when in the X-Payments Connector, I click on "Import payment methods". It says it is successful, but nothing shows up under the payment methods screen. Ideas?

I had this problem too, what I ended up doing was going to the "payment gateway" tab, selecting all countries, then looked for my payment method and importing it from there.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1

The following user thanks kevinrm for this useful post:
Mark N (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I had this problem too, what I ended up doing was going to the "payment gateway" tab, selecting all countries, then looked for my payment method and importing it from there.

This worked for me to get credit card payments in - not sure how the heck to get it to import if you process more than one payment method using XPayments (i.e. you use Authorize.net through XPayments for credit cards but also want to use the iframe lite interface through xPayments to run PayPal as well...)
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 AM

X-Cart team

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my initial post this:

* X-Payments iFrame integration works with X-Cart Fast Lane Checkout now, too.
X-Payments product manager

The following 5 users thank ambal for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-20-2013), carpeperdiem (02-20-2013), cflsystems (02-20-2013), cherie (02-20-2013), photo (02-20-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Yeah, I forgot to mention in my initial post this:

* X-Payments iFrame integration works with X-Cart Fast Lane Checkout now, too.

Alex,

Unfortunately, X-Cart management decided to make an absolute mess of an upgrade cycle -- and the benefits of X-Payment 1.0.6 will be lost on stores that are required to upgrade to 4.5.5

As you will read in my posts on this -- I am furious that X-Cart decided to bundle major, significant so-called "security" improvements into the 4.5.5 release.

What could have been some bug fixes and fixing some issues with the October release, instead added layers of complexity and introduced brand new features, that frankly are not needed and do not belong in a dot release.

I'm a very experienced xcart owner. I have done many, many , many upgrades. This one takes the cake for the most complexity - and total lack of testing before rollout.

I am suggesting that you recall it and try again, without the security "enhancements" which do not belong.

This upgrade was not ready for production.

PS -- Installing XP 1.0.6 was effortless. But I can't test it without 4.5.5 if I want the iFrame and FLC features (which is the reason for the bug fixes in the first place!)
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions