Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smarty Error, Store broke! Help!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 09-20-2002, 01:27 PM

X-Guru

Does home.tpl exist in the customer/ directory? You might also try re-extracting the x-cart tar ball and re-copying the skin1/ skin1_images/ directories over your existing directories. This being you haven't made any changes to the templates yet, or else you will loose the changes.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:39 PM

eXpert

Default still trying

No, home.tpl doesn't exist in that directory (or anywhere that I can find). What is the xcart tar ball?
Old 09-20-2002, 02:04 PM

X-Guru

tar ball, I mean, the file that the x-cart guys provided once you purchased.
i.e. "x-cart-3.1.3a_gold.tgz" without the quotes.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:47 AM

eXpert

Default oh my goodness

No, actually we had them install it. I guess either they intstalled it incorrectly or something randomly changed after we logged out yesterday without us touching it. It isn't working and everything you have suggested to try is not working. Thanks so much for your help. I guess we will have to just wait for them to respond to our messgaes? man, that sucks. we have a client who is supposed to preview his store on Monday and no way to even show him that anything exists... no way to log in... just errors. If you know of anyway to ensure that they X-cart guys will get a message to check our site, could you please do that? We need to get that fixed asap. It was working fine yesterday and then all of the sudden we logged out for 30 minutes and when we tried to log back in errors all over... we can't even log into the admin area. What a mess. Again, if anyone knows how to get ahold of the x-cart guys, it would be really nice if they could fix our site so we can show our client.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:37 AM

X-Guru

Hi rob,

If you pm me the ftp details and any other info ill take a look for you if you like. what version of x-cart are u using ?

it will have to be soon though as im leaving for the weekend soon

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 09-27-2002, 05:27 AM

X-Cart team

>Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.
Your PHP module has so-called 'safe_mode' enabled. This mode denies using several important PHP commands, including input/output functions and file upload support. This makes it virtually impossible to run a complex e-commerce software like X-Cart. Please disable the 'safe_mode' switch or ask your ISP to do it. If there is no opportunity to disable 'safe_mode' on your current hosting, we recommend you to change hosting service provider.

The following features can have problems with safe_mode:

1. X-Cart is template-based. Every PHP file reads templates from files. safe_mode does not allow reading files (this is what we mean by "input/output functions"). You can of course fix this by configuring PHP to allow access to particular directory.
2. X-Cart uses external executables to process credit cards. If you need online credit card processing, you will have to configure "safe_mode_exec_dir" to the X-Cart executables directory.
3. PHP with safe_mode turned on do not accept POST requests with enctype=multipart/form-data. This breaks all of our forms having upload controls.

Look here for more technical information: http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php
X-Payments product manager
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design