Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

DIY Tabbed Content Menu for Product Page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-05-2005, 08:04 PM

eXpert

Thanks to all for sharing the knowledge!

Quote:
First off thanks to PhilJ. This is an excellent mod. Also thanks to Bella Forma for the if statement code to only show the tabs when they have content and to soleag for the main details code.

Thanks to CopperB for putting all together. I am sure it is a big help to many members. I will give it a try this week.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:57 AM

Hi Longhorn

I was wondering whether the fancy looking edges you have on the product box is acheived by tweaking the existing CSS file or have you added some bits to it?

I have a pin stripe blue line and quite frankly it looks very plain.

Regards Adam
Apache/1.3.33
Perl 5.008004
Adam
Adelaide South Australia
Old 04-07-2005, 05:58 AM

I changed the background and border colors in the css file. I also changed the text color too.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Advanced Member

Just wondering if anyone knows what CSS code I would change so that only the actual tab and not the entire box is a solid color?

IE: I want the main box to have no backgroung colour and just the actual tab itself (recommends, reviews etc..) to be a solid color.

Thanks

XCart Gold -> v4.0.11
PHP -> v4.3.10
MySQL -> v4.0.22
Apache -> v1.3.33
Smarty -> v2.6.3
Old 04-08-2005, 09:51 PM

Hello

In the tabs.css file you would have created for this mod located in the skin 1 directory, you should find the following

#tablist li a{
padding: 1px 0.5em;
margin-left: 1px;
border: 1px solid #778;
border-bottom: none;
background: #9cb9bf;
}

The above bold bit changes the tab background colour.

Now if only I could work out how to get the add to cart control buttons up the top like Long horn has, I would be completely satisfied.
Regards Adam
Apache/1.3.33
Perl 5.008004
Adam
Adelaide South Australia
Old 04-08-2005, 10:28 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply Adam. I tried that before but it changes the entire tab "box". I only want the very top of the tabs to change color.

As an example it would be like Longhorns. His tabs are white (active) and blue (not active) yet the rest of the box remains the same color.

Quote:
Now if only I could work out how to get the add to cart control buttons up the top like Long horn has, I would be completely satisfied.

Do you mean how he has the shopping cart at the top of the page because his add to cart is still at the bottom of the product details.

XCart Gold -> v4.0.11
PHP -> v4.3.10
MySQL -> v4.0.22
Apache -> v1.3.33
Smarty -> v2.6.3
Old 04-09-2005, 01:08 AM

eXpert

PhilJ, you are a legend mate! :P A legend for being so kind to have us all share this great mod and a legend for just being a legend! Well done. I wish I had something to offer but unfortunately, being a newb, I can only take and give nothing back at the moment . I'll get there one day I suppose.

Anyway, really love this mod. I never knew what I needed until I saw what it could do. Works great, looks great, and hits the spot bang on! However, I am having one very minor problem and I am not sure if anyone else if affected. Recently I included the favicon.ico feature into my website which was working flawlessly. Link: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=16812&highlight=favicon I had the icon show up in the URL address window, task bar, and in the favourites menu. Now, after including this fantastic mod, when I click on one of the tabs (any tab) the icon disappears in the task bar. Like I said, minor problem but as usual I just want to get to the bottom of it. Any ideas?
Old 04-09-2005, 03:38 AM

CopperB, what you're looking to change are the border colors. Go back into the tabs.css file and look for these:
Code:
#tablist li a{ padding: 3px 0.5em; margin-left: 3px; border: 1px solid #CCCCCC; border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; background: #76B5F3; }

and this:

Code:
#tabcontentcontainer{ width: 100%; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #CCCCCC; margin-left: 0; }

just change the color to whatever you want where you find border. The #tablist dviion is the actual tab istelf and the #tabcontent container would be the division for the main box.

Adam, what controls are you talking about? Are you talking about the minicart or the tabs at the top of the page.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:23 AM

eXpert

I am thinking to implement this on my shop. Could someone share with me the benefits? Besides it looks better, does it also improves the speed? Any other benefits?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2005, 04:57 PM

I doubt there are any speed benefits as you are still loading the same amount of information you are just displaying it differently, I certainly didn't notice a speed increase.

The only benefit I can think of is the fact that it looks better, but that's a major benefit (in my mind) as instead of having a great big long page that your customers have to scroll down you can display all the information they need to see in one screen. It just makes it much more customer friendly and that means happy customers
PHP 4.3.8
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions