Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

I purchased CloudSearch and have just activated it, it is still showing Trial version message in the customer end drop down menu... please advise.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
I purchased CloudSearch and have just activated it, it is still showing Trial version message in the customer end drop down menu... please advise.

Hello,

There can be a delay when you buy CloudSearch before installing/activating it. Please re-check.
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 AM

X-Adept

How do you upgrade the Cloudsearch? Do you overwrite the files ,or is it upgraded when you upgrade to 4.5.5. I am on 4.5.4

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
How do you upgrade the Cloudsearch? Do you overwrite the files ,or is it upgraded when you upgrade to 4.5.5. I am on 4.5.4

Download the new files from your file area.
Overwrite the cloudsearch files.
IF you edited the CSS, restore your css edits.
Done.
Wait 8 hours for cloudsearch to re-index.
All better now.

The following 2 users thank carpeperdiem for this useful post:
NikitaP (02-13-2013), tartaglia (02-13-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM

X-Adept

Hi Nikita,

Just a quick question on this module, can it be customized at all so it will only search in the product name and sku only (and ignore the description)?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi Nikita,

Just a quick question on this module, can it be customized at all so it will only search in the product name and sku only (and ignore the description)?

Thanks

Hi,

This customization can surely be done and it is quite simple. You need to pass an empty string as a description for each product. In modules/Cloud_Search/func.php:

Code:
- lng.descr AS description, - lng.fulldescr AS fullDescription, + '' AS description, + '' AS fullDescription,

The following user thanks NikitaP for this useful post:
BBM_ (03-05-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM

X-Guru

Dear Nikita,

The CloudSearch files that you posted for version 1.1.0 in the file area may be very similar to what the 4.5.4 to 4.5.5 upgrade script is looking for, but the files are all missing header or copyright or version info - which causes the upgrade script to fail.

modules/Cloud_Search/cloud_search_api.php Could not patch
modules/Cloud_Search/config.php Could not patch
modules/Cloud_Search/func.php Could not patch
modules/Cloud_Search/init.php Could not patch
cloud_search_api.php Could not patch

The reason these files can not patch, even if the 1.1.0 files are present: the damn headers.

Here is the ENTIRE contents of cloud_search_api.php.diff
Notice what has changed:

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

Code:
Index: cloud_search_api.php --- cloud_search_api.php 2012-09-07 16:06:19.000000000 +0400 +++ cloud_search_api.php 2013-02-12 16:11:05.000000000 +0400 @@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart Software license agreement | -| Copyright (c) 2001-2012 Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com> | +| Copyright (c) 2001-2013 Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | @@ -34,9 +34,9 @@ * @package X-Cart * @subpackage Cloud Search * @author Ruslan R. Fazlyev <rrf@x-cart.com> - * @copyright Copyright (c) 2001-2012 Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com>. All rights reserved + * @copyright Copyright (c) 2001-2013 Qualiteam software Ltd <info@x-cart.com>. All rights reserved * @license http://www.x-cart.com/license.php X-Cart license agreement - * @version $Id: cloud_search_api.php,v 1.1.2.1 2012/09/07 12:06:19 aim Exp $ + * @version 536d95e589c24076e32b35967cd3b39d91407507, v2 (xcart_4_5_5), 2013-02-04 14:14:03, cloud_search_api.php, aim * @link http://www.x-cart.com/ * @see ____file_see____ */

DO you read a bit of frustration here?
With more than 2500 files in this upgrade, I only have 49 files that "could not patch". And 10% of the files I had to deal with are simply bad/incomplete headers in CloudSearch. I am certain that there are 20 more files that "could not patch" simply because of headers. If this were the first time I saw this, I wouldn't have nearly as much heat. But this has been goping on for YEARS and YEARS. And you wonder why guys like me rant on during upgrade cycles?

I am not upset with you Nikita, rather, the way X-Cart handles the upgrade script -- the left and right hands are not speaking to each other here, are they?

What can you do to solve this?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM

X-Guru

PS -- some of the Cloud Search files failed because the words, "All rights reserved" were added to the copyright.

Do you realize how pig headed this is -- multiply the number of your customers upgrading these files, and to simply add 3 words that has ZERO to do with the upgrade -- we have to deal with yet another file without changes?

This is not going to be pretty...

You know I'm not wrong. I know, this is the wrong place to be discussing this -- but your 5 files were the first on the block. You need to discuss this with the team. I'm a reasonable guy. But upgrade scripts stopping because of header info? Gotta work around this shit, please.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:37 PM

X-Guru

Sure enough, every CloudSearch file that was a "could not patch" simply had a different copyright notice.

I "simply" copied the 4.5.5 distribution files over, and now the files are blue. Not one character of the code changed - only the copyright. Waste of my time chasing this down. Hopefully the rest of the upgrade will be smoother.

modules/Cloud_Search/cloud_search_api.php Already patched
modules/Cloud_Search/config.php Already patched
modules/Cloud_Search/func.php Already patched
modules/Cloud_Search/init.php Already patched
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 AM

Hello Jeremy,

I'm very sorry about the situation you had. Obviously it happened because of some misunderstanding about which version of CloudSearch is included in which version of X-Cart. X-Cart 4.5.5 has a CloudSearch 1.1.0 - exactly the same version you installed some time ago.

I would like to encourage everyone doing upgrades of CloudSearch connector modules to first check this thread (notifications of the new versions will always be there). The situation is as follows. If you downloaded module distribution from your file area and/or cloudsearch.x-cart.com and installed it in place of your built-in module (in case you had one) then you just don't need to upgrade CS using X-Cart upgrade packs. Probably you already have the newest version. If not, then re-install it from the file area as you did it before.

I understand that this additional check can be somewhat inconvenient, but it allows for me to create CloudSearch module packs separately (and possibly more frequently) from X-Cart upgrades. I hope that this is a fairly good reason to do so.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements