Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pay With Amazon not showing up under Payment Methods

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 08-06-2014, 09:13 PM

Default Pay With Amazon not showing up under Payment Methods

After adding the Pay With Amazon module, enabling it and configuring it with my Amazon Merchant ID, Access Key ID and Secret Key, I go to Store Setup -> Payment Methods, but Pay With Amazon is not shown. So... I Click the "Add Payment Method" and I see a list of payment methods, BUT Pay With Amazon is NOT there. It's not shown in a separate tab like the user manual shows for 4.6.3 either.

Got any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Kevin
Old 08-07-2014, 01:35 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Pay With Amazon not showing up under Payment Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith
After adding the Pay With Amazon module, enabling it and configuring it with my Amazon Merchant ID, Access Key ID and Secret Key, I go to Store Setup -> Payment Methods, but Pay With Amazon is not shown. So... I Click the "Add Payment Method" and I see a list of payment methods, BUT Pay With Amazon is NOT there.

Hi Kevin,

If the module is installed, enabled and configured, you do not need to enable any additional payment method via 'store setup'-> "payment methods", the "pay with Amazon" button will appear automatically both in the minicart:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/03e39w7460

on the Cart page:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c739wa4fb

It will also appear on the "Add to cart" popup, if the corresponding module is installed:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/03539wbk1f

Checking out my own test store to answer your question today, I also got confused, so I forwarded the feedback to the module developers: they're considering the improvements now.

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
Kevin Smith (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 02:55 AM

Hi Ksenia,

I see what you're saying, however even with my "Pay with Amazon" module installed, enabled and configured, I still do not see the Amazon payment button on ANY of the pages or mini-popups.

I've tried to remove, reinstall and reconfigure the module.

Is there some other module that the Pay With Amazon module depends upon? Prior to enabling and configuring the module, I did go through and trim the extra "enabled" payment modules out. Perhaps I got rid of something I really needed?

I started with the base "free" 5.1.4 X-Cart and haven't done much with it other than add the Pay With Amazon module and a few products and categories. I have not upgraded to a paid configuration, though I could do that at some point. I see that your Fruit/Vegetable theme is a paid configuration. Does that affect the operation of this cart software?

Would it be reasonable to reload the default configuration, then add the Pay With Amazon module (enable and configure also), then check to see if the Amazon button comes up?

Thanks for your quick response. I'm really new at this e-commerce stuff, however I am a professional software engineer with over 30 years experience, so I should be able to figure this out. In addition, I wanted to let you know that I'm running on Fedora 14 (Selinux) in enforcing mode, using an Apache server. I have noticed that I get mod_security errors when performing Admin operations, so I basically need to turn it off while configuring the store, then turn it back on after I'm done. I probably could spend a bit of time and figure out what rules to remove from my modsecurity_localrules.conf. If I do, I'll be sure and pass that info back to the X-cart team.

Kevin
Old 08-07-2014, 10:07 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Hello Kevin,

Quote:
Is there some other module that the Pay With Amazon module depends upon? Prior to enabling and configuring the module, I did go through and trim the extra "enabled" payment modules out. Perhaps I got rid of something I really needed?
There should be no dependencies for the Pay with Amazon module and you can install as many payment modules simultaneously module as you need.

Quote:
I started with the base "free" 5.1.4 X-Cart and haven't done much with it other than add the Pay With Amazon module and a few products and categories. I have not upgraded to a paid configuration, though I could do that at some point. I see that your Fruit/Vegetable theme is a paid configuration. Does that affect the operation of this cart software?
The only difference between Free and Business packages is in the set of additional modules included in the latter. The core of both packs is exactly the same. So the purchase of the license will hardly affect the issue as it will only make certain modules from the built-in marketplace available for the installation.

Quote:
Would it be reasonable to reload the default configuration, then add the Pay With Amazon module (enable and configure also), then check to see if the Amazon button comes up?
The reinstall would hardly help on its own. Could you, please, provide me with the link to your store so could take a look at your store or at least the screenshot of the minicart and Add to cart pop-up. If you wish, you can email them to support@x-cart.com.

Quote:
I'm running on Fedora 14 (Selinux) in enforcing mode, using an Apache server. I have noticed that I get mod_security errors when performing Admin operations, so I basically need to turn it off while configuring the store, then turn it back on after I'm done. I probably could spend a bit of time and figure out what rules to remove from my modsecurity_localrules.conf. If I do, I'll be sure and pass that info back to the X-cart team.
We would really appreciate it.

The following user thanks Kirill for this useful post:
Ksenia (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 11:22 AM

E-mail sent to support@x-cart.com with site info, username and password. Thanks. Kevin
Old 08-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Looks like you need to double-check the Amazon credentials because our test credentials seem to work fine in your store. At least I do see the buttons where they are supposed to be.

Quote:
E-mail sent to support@x-cart.com with site info, username and password. Thanks. Kevin

The following user thanks Kirill for this useful post:
Kevin Smith (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 01:29 PM

Hi Kirill,

And right you are. I had an Amazon MWS account set up, but didn't have Amazon Payments Advanced, like your link on the Pay with Amazon configuration page sent me to. While it was a quick process, since I had everything else set up and it was just a matter of saying to use the accounts I already had set up, it still needed to be done "Your Way".

Thanks for your help..

One final question though... When I click the "cart", I see the Pay with Amazon button as well as when I select the "View Cart" button, but when I go to "Checkout", I don't see the Pay With Amazon button. I can select one of my other Payment Methods (check, money order), but I don't see the Amazon button, like I would think it would show up either under (or above) the orange "Place Order" button on the right. And now for the $64,000 question, any chance it could show up along with my other "Payment Methods", say under the Check and Money Order options?

Kevin
Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
And right you are. I had an Amazon MWS account set up, but didn't have Amazon Payments Advanced, like your link on the Pay with Amazon configuration page sent me to. While it was a quick process, since I had everything else set up and it was just a matter of saying to use the accounts I already had set up, it still needed to be done "Your Way".

Kevin, indeed, another account is required, the existing won't work. This is a piece of text from the blog announcement with the explanation of difference:

Please note, "Pay with Amazon" is an Amazon service that is separate from "Checkout by Amazon (CBA)" solution. That means you’ll need to go through a registration process, even if you have an existing CBA account. Last but not least,“Pay with Amazon” supports digital goods and services, while CBA is physical goods only. APA is the new, more modern platform.

Quote:
One final question though... When I click the "cart", I see the Pay with Amazon button as well as when I select the "View Cart" button, but when I go to "Checkout", I don't see the Pay With Amazon button. I can select one of my other Payment Methods (check, money order), but I don't see the Amazon button, like I would think it would show up either under (or above) the orange "Place Order" button on the right. And now for the $64,000 question, any chance it could show up along with my other "Payment Methods", say under the Check and Money Order options?

The "Pay with Amazon" button is expected to show on the minicart page,on the cart page and on the 'add to cart' popup. The point is that "pay with amazon" widget partially replaces the checkout:

http://kb.x-cart.com/download/attachments/7504625/PwA_widgets.png

For this reason the button BEFORE the customer actually reaches the checkout page.

Please check this article about the customer experience, this workflow is verified by Amazon team and approved of:
http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Pay+with+Amazon+customer+experience

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
tony_sologubov (08-08-2014)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)